Callaway Big Bertha V-Series Driver

That is the old Warbird sole plate. Look like a great big

Boom. I was trying to figure it out. Definitely interested to hear more but it has a hard road knocking BBA out.

If it is the Opti replacement then maybe its in its nature to have something on the sole that is debated/disliked/liked/whatever, I mean this has the medallion and some said that the Opti's sole looked like it had a....well.....yeah....on it.

What James? I don't get it? Looked like a what?

It's funny, I saw this and then played in my league match tonight. My partner has the warbird, and I immediately recognized where the sole design is from. I don't love the Isaac Newton/slogan in there, but the general look of the sole is OK with me.

Not a big fan of the emblem but I like the shape and everything else. I'll def be hitting this I couldn't care less what's on the sole of a club for the most part. Especially if it performs

Well I will say I am interested. The badge on the bottom doesn't move me one way or the other, its on the sole so I will hardly ever see it. That said, I wanna see some color photos before I say if I like it or not.

I will say if its building off the Optiforce then this thing will be hit, a lot, by me when I get the chance.

All I'll say is, when I saw the first pics of the Big Bertha, I didn't like the looks of it at all.

After having it in the bag for a month, it's the most beautiful driver I've ever seen.

Clubs seem to look a lot different than initial impressions, just look at the Bio irons - far less chunky than they appeared in online pics. Definitely interested to see what the end result is here.

Exactly what I thought when I saw it. Turning back the clock on this one.

It will be hard to improve on the FTO. But if they can it will be a big success. That club just flew under the radar cause it didn't have visible tech to scream look at me. But the performance numbers were outstanding and after someone tried it chances were they bagged it.

The FTO was outright long for me. Just had trouble controlling it.

I like that the followed through with the BB naming.

Nice find, will be watching this closely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty interested in seeing this in person and hitting it. Not sure how I feel about the emblem but I want to see the top at address. Anyone heard when they will release more pics and maybe an actual release date???

This offering has my attention, Callaway has really had some awesome offerings in the driver department the past few years. The Sir Issac medallion is fine with me, I actually had to go back to the OP and look again to even see him. I am very curious to see the shaft offerings with this one.

it has my attention, I really liked the optiforce, and for some obscure reason, the BBA didnt do it for me. I just hope they walk away from that blue....

I enjoyed the optiforce so, as with all Callaway product...Will be taking a few swings. Pictures never do anything justice so will wait to see one in hand.

Very interested to hear more about this driver.

Looks pretty awesome!

Interesting. I thought Callaway was going to slow it's release cycle?

Curious if they'll do a 440/460 series like they did with the Optiforce. Those were night and day drivers for me with the 440 coming out way on top.

That's what I was thinking as well.

I still have my old WarBird 3W, and that sole plate is very similar.

Curious if they'll do a 440/460 series like they did with the Optiforce. Those were night and day drivers for me with the 440 coming out way on top.

That's what I'm curious about as well. The Optiforce 460 was geared towards increasing swing speed (PXv 43 stock shaft, IIRC), and the Optiforce 440 was more of a players driver with a heavier stock shaft. Everything I've read about this particular driver says that it's an Optiforce 460 replacement.

That's what I'm curious about as well. The Optiforce 460 was geared towards increasing swing speed (PXv 43 stock shaft, IIRC), and the Optiforce 440 was more of a players driver with a heavier stock shaft. Everything I've read about this particular driver says that it's an Optiforce 460 replacement.

That is what I read as well - if that's the case it's probably a pass. Will wait to see the official news however

Back