Live Update Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup Staff Sponsor Day

That was so much fun. I would do that time and time again.
Yeah, doing what did on staff sponsor day with Bridgestone was pretty darn cool.

2yrumune.jpg

This guy is long!

That's not even an accurate statement Freddie. I use to think I was somewhat long....er but I have now seen the other side. Not only is Jeff/John long but accurate and one of the best swings out there last weekend.

Now if he could just putt.........:D

That's not even an accurate statement Freddie. I use to think I was somewhat long....er but I have now seen the other side. Not only is Jeff/John long but accurate and one of the best swings out there last weekend.

Everyone was just in awe watching him hit driver. I think he was a bit nervous on the Sunday singles match first tee, he only flew it 320 with no roll out :alien:

Gee, thanks partner. Come on, my putting wasn't that bad this weekend.

Everyone was just in awe watching him hit driver. I think he was a bit nervous on the Sunday singles match first tee, he only flew it 320 with no roll out :alien:

I'm not gonna lie, my hand was shaking putting the tee in the ground. I wouldn't trade that feeling for anything.

Gee, thanks partner. Come on, my putting wasn't that bad this weekend.
I had to pick on something about your game or I wouldn't be a good partner now would I!?! Once you get that figured out you will go from shooting your -3 rounds to -7 rounds. (See what I did there) :D

Staff sponsor day kicked the living crap out of media day.
It was my favorite part of the MC for sure. Followed closely by the 1st tee on Sunday and WCBM's stories (yes, Tims stories are that epic) !

I just re-read every page in this thread, watched every vine and studied every picture.
What an incredible ride you guys had !

I realize I was just doing my best to try and absorb the moment and didn't really even think of taking pictures. My wife took several, and once I get them from her I'll get them uploaded. But such a great day. Going back through this thread and feeling it rush back to me.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

coers drinking a Coors thanks to our Cleveland/Srixon rep!

qeqagyqa.jpg

coers drinking a Coors thanks to our Cleveland/Srixon rep!

qeqagyqa.jpg
I don't like Coors light believe it or not. But on that hot morning I was in love with Keith giving us some cold ones. That was one delicious beer.

I want to take a second and thank all 5 companies for being a part of this year's event.

So I just went through this entire thread for the first time. Good lord it brought back some emotions that I did not expect to have. Staff Sponsor Day was a unique look at something that was quite special. That will simply never be duplicated.

So I just went through this entire thread for the first time. Good lord it brought back some emotions that I did not expect to have. Staff Sponsor Day was a unique look at something that was quite special. That will simply never be duplicated.

Did that yesterday and pulled a ton of pics.

Did that yesterday and pulled a ton of pics.

Thats what I'm doing right now, luckily for me the Doc was follwing along the whole time and saving most of them.

The reps being there for their companies, making sure they were taken care of was fantastic. The Bridgestone robot with a video conference call with the BSG higher ups was just flat out cool. Kenn.. Can't talk enough about how floored I was by how far he went above and beyond for us.

My favorite part though honestly was waiting in the TB clubhouse until it was time to go outside. There was just so much buzzing and excitement. Freddie on the ladder with a gopro camera trying to get the moment on film only partly put it into words. How we didn't go sprinting out the door when it opened is beyond me.

The reps being there for their companies, making sure they were taken care of was fantastic. The Bridgestone robot with a video conference call with the BSG higher ups was just flat out cool. Kenn.. Can't talk enough about how floored I was by how far he went above and beyond for us.

My favorite part though honestly was waiting in the TB clubhouse until it was time to go outside. There was just so much buzzing and excitement. Freddie on the ladder with a gopro camera trying to get the moment on film only partly put it into words. How we didn't go sprinting out the door when it opened is beyond me.

Have to agree with ya Ward.

I want to take a second and thank all 5 companies for being a part of this year's event.
They all did an amazing job making their staffers as ready as a tour pro. Kudos to all of them. It was great to watch each one of them handle it a bit different, but all amazing in their own way.

They all did an amazing job making their staffers as ready as a tour pro. Kudos to all of them. It was great to watch each one of them handle it a bit different, but all amazing in their own way.

They seriously did. From prerelease equipment - to tour van staff - to interaction - each killed it- uniquely

There were many moments during the buildup to MC, where I read what one of the companies or reps had done or said and I thought, that is over the top and can't be exceeded. Yet many times they did.

We all should be so grateful to each one of them.

Staff sponsor day kicked the living crap out of media day.

I'm AdamW238, or 283 depending on who ask, and I approve this post.

I know there were a few that questioned the idea of Staff Sponsor Day and weather not getting the clubs until the event was a good idea. IMO it was the greatest part of the whole weekend, the anticipation leading up to the very last minute was incredible!

I know there were a few that questioned the idea of Staff Sponsor Day and weather not getting the clubs until the event was a good idea. IMO it was the greatest part of the whole weekend, the anticipation leading up to the very last minute was incredible!

Sometimes people fear change. You can see that with every change we have made to every event or the addition of events. This was one of my favorite changes we have ever made.

Sometimes people fear change. You can see that with every change we have made to every event or the addition of events. This was one of my favorite changes we have ever made.

From where I stood I saw this as a better change. It made people work on the game so it fit when they got the gear. It made eyes open with disbelief. Not every change is going to be the best but this one was.

I'm not exaggerating when I say that I believe Staff Sponsor Day was probably the single most awesome day in THP history. Just the scale of the event coupled with what happened in just few hours was what THP is all about

Agree with you there. Staff Sponsor Day was probably my favorite day on a golf course ever. It was just pure FUN. Seeing how excited everyone was--from the volunteers, to the players, to the company reps, Josh and Morgan--it was just incredible. Even getting rained out before finishing the first hole didn't put a damper on anything. We just went back to our villas, cleaned up our gear, and marveled at all new goodies we just received. What an unreal experience.

Back