The Official Banter Away Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The surgeon said Ellie was one of the best dogs she has ever operated on. She couldn't get over her temperament, she was so impressed. I love that little girl so much, I can't wait for her to be better and chasing tennis balls in the yard again.

I think it's going to be a slumber party on the floor together tonight.

Its crazy how much we do that, but the truth is that because Duke can have no salt in his diet anymore, its hard to spoil them. GG bakes all of their treats and while Ellie would love some snacks, she gets very little now. But they will be spoiled with love.

Even the vet laughed when I told her that I make their treats and their peanut butter. I would do anything for them.

Just got the call from the vet. Ellie is out of surgery and will be picked up at 5:30pm EST. She is going to need about 8 weeks of recovery after a complete tear to the ACL, which will not be easy, but she made it through. Now if we can go a day without Duke passing out/having a seizure, we will be all set.

The surgeon said Ellie was one of the best dogs she has ever operated on. She couldn't get over her temperament, she was so impressed. I love that little girl so much, I can't wait for her to be better and chasing tennis balls in the yard again.

Awesome news!

I'm really happy for all of you.

Great news on Ellie! Now onto recovery.

Anyone ever try to get a new job with no vacation time remaining? If a place wanted you to come in were they cool with you coming in towards the end of the day, or what did you do?

I've had interviews in the late afternoon. Usually the new company is pretty understanding as far as time constraints go, especially if they are a competitor.

Sounds like you all have an incredible vet treating those precious pups. All the best to them and the humans wrapped around their paws.

They are amazing aren't they? My wife and I slumber partied with our new dog a couple nights this weekend when she presented a case of Kennel Cough. Scared the heck out of us!

They are amazing aren't they? My wife and I slumber partied with our new dog a couple nights this weekend when she presented a case of Kennel Cough. Scared the heck out of us!

JB and I were arguing over who was going to sleep on the floor with her, and then we decided why not just take the mattress off the bed, put it on the ground and then we can all be together. We want to do whatever we can to make things easy on her for the next few days, weeks and months.

Get well wishes for Eillie :flowers4u::love:

JB and I were arguing over who was going to sleep on the floor with her, and then we decided why not just take the mattress off the bed, put it on the ground and then we can all be together. We want to do whatever we can to make things easy on her for the next few days, weeks and months.

They're lucky pups!

Anyone ever try to get a new job with no vacation time remaining? If a place wanted you to come in were they cool with you coming in towards the end of the day, or what did you do?

I had one place meet me on my lunch over two days to get the hour interview in. The other place (current job) let me come in at 6pm. Pretty cool of them to stay late. But I've been here two years so I say it's worth it. I just told them the situation and they accommodated. But I have a pretty specific skill set so there aren't a ton of people in our area that can do the job without significant training.

JB and GG, great news on Ellie's surgery. But I guess with an 8 week recovery she's out for the Bridgestone Championship :). Hope you guys don't mind a little humor to ease what has been a tough couple weeks for you all.

Would you be bringing them to Palm Beach under normal circumstances?

It would be awesome to meet them.

JB and GG, great news on Ellie's surgery. But I guess with an 8 week recovery she's out for the Bridgestone Championship :). Hope you guys don't mind a little humor to ease what has been a tough couple weeks for you all.

Would you be bringing them to Palm Beach under normal circumstances?

It would be awesome to meet them.

No, they wouldn't have been coming, the hotel is not pet friendly. This could change my travel plans for the event, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I just want her home, out of pain and feeling better.

SUCH good news on Ellie's surgery. She's literally one of the sweetest pups I have ever been around.

Loving the matress to the floor plan too, to me it makes all the sense in the world, love it.

No, they wouldn't have been coming, the hotel is not pet friendly. This could change my travel plans for the event, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. For now, I just want her home, out of pain and feeling better.

I understand. Yep getting her home and keeping Duke as calm as possible is the No1 priority.

I had one place meet me on my lunch over two days to get the hour interview in. The other place (current job) let me come in at 6pm. Pretty cool of them to stay late. But I've been here two years so I say it's worth it. I just told them the situation and they accommodated. But I have a pretty specific skill set so there aren't a ton of people in our area that can do the job without significant training.

Oh, definitely. I've done phone and lunch interviews before if someone's up front with me about their current position and any constraints that they have on scheduling.

6ame3ypu.jpg

The Official Banter Away Thread

Happy to see she made it out ok. Now time for TLC & recovery.

Awesome the surgery went great. Glad to hear that!

So glad the surgery went well. I am a sucker for dogs, and yours look awesome.

She is very out of it right now, but that also means she isn't in much pain, so I am happy about that. I have a laundry list of meds to give her, and I have no idea how we are going to get her outside to use the bathroom, but we will take this one step at a time.

I lost 5 pounds while at the Morgan Cup. I celebrated at Wendys with a double meat/cheese combo and a Cinnabon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back