Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Mr. Miyagagi:

jasebesy.jpg

I'm glad I read all that Jimmy. Your journey to the Cup was insane, picking golf over sleep in many situations to prove your worth for Team Albatross, and it paid off BIG time.

I cannot wait to give a full recap on this kid. A true Morgan Cup success story, with incredible life changing happenings built around what had to have been an amazing week for him and Amanda (who is probably cooler than he is, but let's be honest, all our wives are cooler than we are).

I truly am proud of you dude. I told Aaron that and I told your dad the same. Genuine pride about you and your game. I'm just happy to know you.

Saturday – Round 1.

Regardless of anything else, I want to say my condolences go out to Kyle (flog2424). I was sad to hear the news that pulled him away from the Morgan Cup. I had been looking forward to seeing the game that Seth (ATLGolfer) has spoken so highly of.

With that said, my first round match was against a who’s who of THP’ers, Erik (Howzat) and Jake (Puttin4Bird). Both have Morgan Cup legacy behind them so being able to play against them was amazing. My partner WardF and I got off to a slow start even though my nerves managed to let me hit a great driver. We went down 2 early but recovered and played some great golf. Regardless of the win, it was even more fun playing with two great guys who could not have been more supportive of the event and us as competitors. While the circumstances that lead to the round were unfortunate, I will remember that round and the camaraderie that existed. Thanks guys.

Saturday - Round 2

I’ll be honest, when I got the pairings and saw I would be part of a team against Canadan and Amart I thought that I was a sacrificial lamb being led to slaughter. I have been working on my game, but Canadan is a stick and I had heard him and Amart were working together so they would have an incredible amount of chemistry that would be impossible to duplicate. Couple that with Pete getting put on the DL and Matt stepping in, and looking at the matchup on paper we had no chance.

After a pulled hybrid off the tee, Matt got us into position for a par save with a good approach. Amart went beast mode with the lob wedge and went OB and suddenly we were 1 up. Second hole Amart pushes a driver OB and now were 2 up. Suddenly Matt and I were in this thing. Well, a few bad shots and suddenly we were back down. I missed a clutch putt to win a hole back on 8 to push the first 9 to the 9[SUP]th[/SUP] hole and botched it. The second 9 was back and forth but we went into 8 with Dan and Andy up 2. A good approach was fruitless because Andy hit the 2[SUP]nd[/SUP] best shot of the weekend with a birdie chip on 17 and it was all over.

Regardless of the outcome, Dan and I spent a lot of time talking about a number of things I wont elaborate on, but it was in that round that I made a friend I will hold dear for some time. Once again, golf took a second stage to the relationships the event creates.

Also, Andy is a great stick and he’s going to be a force to be reckoned with in future events.

Also, Canadan isn’t that long off the tee.

Sunday - Singles Match
My Who’s Who of opponents continues in singles when I was picked to go against Ryan (War Eagle). Having met Ryan and previous eevnts, I already knew him to be a great guy and a great golfer. I felt confident in the match, but also excited and was looking forward to what I felt was going to be a real battle and sure enough, on the front 9 he didn’t give me an inch. 1[SUP]st[/SUP] hole at True Blue I hit my 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] into the Par 5 long and a short chip left me with a meaty putt I missed (this became a trend) but managed to win the hole. I hit a long 5 iron through the fairway on 2 and watched the match go to all square. Hole 3 I hit a great AW to 5’ and then proceeded to 3 putt. The rest of the front 9 was back and forth and we were all square going into 10. Well, I found my swing and without elaboration some good luck and god ball striking lead to a win.

While I won, I played a great guy and someone I can call my friend. Couple this with the incredible experience in playing with the Canadan/Jman match I had an afternoon I wont forget. Sunday singles was something entirely different that Saturday. I had to work and grind and keep focused on the goal and at the end of the day I was so physically exhausted I couldn’t keep from passing out after the celebration. But, the work and the toil was all an investment in the experience.

Team DotCom. I don’t think anyone gave us any chance of winning this thing. We all spent 7 months working and talking and sharing our process and improvement and when the time came to put up, we did. Every single one of you shoed up ready to Do Work and there was no shortage of people who had their eyes opened.

Captain Mward – You’re my friend first and foremost and regardless of the banter, you pushed us all to not accept the results we were getting. That trophy is largely a result of you wanting each of us to play great golf.

Doug (J4U) – You showed up and supported me and gave me the push I needed to keep focused on the goal. I am in your debt.

Ken (V.Man) – Fairways and greens. Fairways and greens. I was proud to see you embrace the win.

Ryan (Nebgolfer) – 4 and 0 dude. Did you even think you would end your Morgan Cup career undefeated? Your excitement was contagious, even if it was too earlyin the morning to share it.

Matt (mpeterson) – It had to be intimidating walking into the looney bin with such little time to prepare. I don’t have enough fingers and toes to count the compliments shared with me about your game. It was an honor to play with you and keep working, you have single digits on the horizon sooner rather than later.

Ward (WardF) – Ham and Eggs bro. We made the partnership work and fed off each other. Your excitement for you game and new equipment was evident dude. You put in the work and showed up ready to go.

Seth (ATLGolfer) – What can I say that numerous single mothers haven’t posted on Facebook? You were yelling all long that we had this and you were right. I wont say anything else because any more boosting of your ego would do none of us any favors.

LA PLAYA!

Pete (O’Carroll) – The heart and soul of DotCom. What happened was a crush for all of us. I was happy that you got to experience the event with us and never stopped being a part of this team. I was also sad knowing that it wasn’t quite what you had hoped to be a part of. However, having you there I believe is what made all of this possible brother.

The Pete and RePete show isn’t done by a long shot.

Dan (Canadan) – My new BFF. Brother, your words on Thursday helped me get my mind right about the event. Our time on the course on Saturday and Sunday was just more time to share in what was one of the most amazing weekends of my life. You’re a good dude and a hell of a golfer. Not Fupy long, but impressive nonetheless.

Thanks for the hula hoop lessons.

James (Jman) – You’ve been a good friend when I needed one in the past for issues off the course. Getting the chance to play with you was amazing and just reminded me how awesome you are. You have some amazing adventures coming up and I am so happy for you and your family. You are THP to me I cant wait to see where it leads.

Ryan (War Eagle) - Singles was a blast and thank you for pushing me to a point I didn’t think I was capable of. It sounds cliché, but I wanted you to win this match as much as I wanted it. I came to the Morgan Cup wanting to work for it and I got it.

Freddie (Tadashi70) – I wouldn’t have showed up ready to play without your help. That practice session January changed my entire game. I hit shots this weekend I would have even sniffed just 7 months ago. Your support during the last few months just kept me focused on the goal.

Ricky (DevRickus) – Schmosby. End of story.

JB and Morgan – I will remember the last few days for my entire life. Your hard work and dedication and sacrifice in your personal lives to support these events inspires me and countless others. There is nothing that could have prepared me in entirety for the experience and I am thankful that I had the opportunity.

Volunteers – Amazing. You guys just made the whole thing real. I know everyone has stated it time and time again, but it would not have been the same without your commitment to the event with nothing in return.

TaylorMade/Adidas – Ken needs a raise. The equipment was awesome and I have never been so in love with a set of irons and woods. I’m staring at a staff bag with my name on it and you made that possible.

I am sure I left out more then I put in but for everyone I didn’t think in words here, you have it in spirit. There wasn’t a single person I interacted with that wasn’t freaking amazing. You all were rock stars and were going to be talking about it for longer then we care to admit.

So that leaves the final question, when do we get to do it again.

Double short confirmations yuss!!!!! Except on Sunday. Beast mode on Sunday. :hula: :hula:

FupyFloppy, you were awesome to play against, and awesome to ride with on Sunday. I can't wait to tee it up with you at some point without the heat/stress of the MC so we can just bro it out and golf our ball. It'll be my honour.

I am a Fupresti fan. Watching you step it up on the back 9 was a thing of beauty bro, those 5 holes were some of the best golf I have ever witnessed. Seriously, there was no miss.

We will play again, count on it.

Thanks for the recap JB, you captured the event very well. THP also made it an exciting event for those of us who followed along here!

Did the Morgan Cup create your legacy...Or has that yet to happen?
Legacy Is Coming...Get Ready For The Ride!

I believe I have one of the best Legacy already, six4three5, my son, a very good golfer, a better man and soon to be the best husband, who could ask for more?

Not sure how I just caught this now pop, but I appreciate the kind words. I can definitely say I wouldn't be the golfer and competitor that I am today without your advice, help, and knowledge of the game. You're the best playing partner a guy could ask for!

A few favorite moments for me on a personal level was the look on Mojo, Neb, Frupesti and j4u faces at their level of play. As a teacher it's great to see results but it's even better to see results. I had the pleasure of working with these four in person at one point during the lead up to the MC. Seeing their excitement gave me chills and made me very happy.

They made the swing changes and it showed. When I saw neb and mojo in Dallas their swings were all over the place. What I saw this past weekend was nothing short of solid.

J4U was hitting at it in Dallas but what I saw on the range in MB was a swing.

David, when we worked out in January your swing was good. The action I saw and heard about is stuff of legend. You all made me proud and I know it was not even close to all me. But knowing you guys took what we spoke about to heart makes me proud. You guys worked and it showed!!

Freddie, you have helped me tremendously to transform my game so much for the better. You give so selflessly, and are so incredibly knowledgeable, I can't thank you enough. My golf game is the best it has ever been thanks in large part to your guidance along the way. You sir, are all class!

While I still might do some blabbering on video, I may give this text based recap thing a try for at least a bit of the event.

When JB reached out to me to be the 5th captain, I about fell over in my chair. In fact I may very well have, because I vividly remember standing up and pacing around a bit. A true Ricky Bobby moment, I didn't know what to do with my hands, my hat, my feet, or my yammering. I think I managed a 'yes' out of everything I said, but it really just marked the beginning of what would prove to be an incredibly trying, exhausting, invigorating, exciting, and incredible experience.

Having Brad as my assistant Captain was pretty neat. He's always been my friend, and has inspired many with his tenacity towards improvement and ability to make the situation better. We found out the hard way how text could be misconstrued, and I'll always regret not utilizing voice or video chat earlier in our process because once we did, it was like we were the same person trying to get our guys to prepare adequately for this event. I'm proud of you my dude, and I wouldn't have wanted anyone else by my side through it all. Capping it by having you as a Villa mate, the jokes, the fun, and the friendship is more than I could ask for.

I'm going to run through my Albatross group alphabetically, although it's funny that Andy came up first. He truly felt the full force of my tenacity as a captain, and in many ways grounded me during this process.

AMart - AndyM - I'll be waiting for the forum name change to "OhioBuzzSaw" or something ridiculous like that. I had your name circled on my draft sheet and when the time was right, I was so glad to welcome you to my team. We spent eight months improving a friendship, working on our games, and preparing for our matches. It was so good for me, as I probably needed the motivation as much as anyone else did to actually improve this year. Countless range sessions, endless rounds, discussions, wedge sessions, and lessons. You battled from the high end of the MC handicap spectrum to trending single digits, confidently stepping up to True Blue and Caledonia and shooting sub 80 rounds IN COMPETITION!!!! I'm proud of you buddy. You took everything I could possibly throw at you and it won't be long until you're sniffing a 5 cap.

coers - AndrewC - This kid. Always quick to get involved in our team discussions, smiling most times I was around him, and giving me updates on working at his game at the course or with an instructor. I think it's pretty telling how far a player has come when their competitor goes to their captain after Sunday singles and tells him he should be proud. Well Andrew, I am proud, dude. We've come a long way from NegaCoers, and you should take that optimism and keep improving!!!!

kc720 - Kangster - Another no-brainer selection for me. Kang's heart is as big as big as the line of staff bags at the Staff Sponsor Day. It was character like that, so starkly visible on the forum that I wanted on this team, and Kang never once disappointed. I'll say it 1000x over, you have every shot in the bag my friend, it's just a matter of drawing all of it together in an 90% swing of excellence! I was extremely glad to have witnessed the completion of your singles match. It was a great feeling for me.

Parshooter36 - AndyV - Through the adversity of school and work, Andy managed to bring a very solid (although if you ask him it was short) game to Myrtle. Constantly praising the event in the villa afterwards (and the awesomeness that is Redds Apple Ale), you could really get a sense of his understanding of the event and how it really can just overwhelm at times. I am really glad you were able to enjoy it the way you did my friend, and I'm even more glad we shared a Villa, as it meant I could experience it first hand. How full is the fridge of cider right now? hahahaha!

Six4Three5 - JimmyJimJim - A good friend of mine gave me the down low on 90210 shortly before the draft and I took a flyer on him. There was game there, I knew that (at least with all the pink and light blue I figured there would have to be), but when I actually started speaking with him, it was pretty obvious he is as down to earth as they come. A trip to Hubbard confirmed it, and a trip to Franklin sealed the friendship deal for me. This kid works two jobs, and skips sleep, NOT work, to prepare for the Cup. He took on one of the best golfers I know on Sunday and managed a halve, playing in tough conditions with emotions running way high. Dude, being there at the end of it all was sweet. Speaking with your dad and Aaron about you was a ton of fun, and I remember hanging out on that hill on 18 thinking about them and how pumped they must be for you. I can't wait to see what heights you take your game to. As we talked about many times, every shot is there. "Proud" hardly even comes close. Also, to clear the dust, #WhiteBeemer

TroutBum - Marc - I sent my boy Troutster a message yesterday and I hope he knows I meant it. He's just like me, in a wicked cooler, backwards hat wearing slightly older South Carolinan frame -- at least when it comes to loving the Morgan Cup. You could sense all the way through that Trout was enamored by the Cup and by everything it does. An event like no other, where brothers from all over the world come together to experience something beyond true comprehension if you're not AT the event. Emotions run high, and every year, there are guys that ache for the experience. It's been a long time coming my friend, but I am so glad you were able to experience this event, on my team no less. I'm proud to have seen it first hand.

I'll get into matches later, but I wanted to share a bit about my team first and foremost. I'm proud of you dudes. We gave it all we had, and just barely came up short at the end. I truly hope I did the position of captain justice and made your experiences everything you wanted it to be. #TheGrindWasReal

Love love love all the recaps so far. Keep them coming! It is awesome to be able to get at least a glimpse of the feeling from everyone's different point of views of the experience. So cool.

It seriously gets dusty in this thread

To my matches, I think it's fitting to start with everything that goes into the event. From the incredible sponsors, to JB and Morgan, to the unbelievable volunteers.

A heartfelt thank you goes out to every single sponsor that was involved. Lauren, Josh, Jamie-Lynn, Keith, Kenny, and Chad who came to the event. Bridgestone, Callaway, Cobra, Puma, Cleveland, SeeMore, and TaylorMade. You provide the tools and conversation necessary for us mere hackers to have the weekends of our lives like children on Christmas morning, and I hold a special place in my heart for each one of you and the companies you work for. It's this kind of direct connection to OEMs that drives me to homerism and I'm genuinely not afraid to admit it when telling people why I have the clubs that are in my bag. Thank you.

Josh and Morgan, please don't skim haha! I see how you are at events saying the praise is not necessary, but that is absolute lunacy. Without you two, I wouldn't have rode the roller coaster of emotions with some of the best people I know. For two years now, I've committed myself to improvement in the game of golf, and the Morgan Cup sits firmly as the reason for it. You two drive me to be better every day, and the experiences that I have been able to learn from this community leave me (and my family) speechless. Thank you so, so much. You have changed my life.

To the volunteers. I can't thank you guys enough for taking the time to make us feel like rock stars. It was unbelievably generous, and based on the character that was included in the list, it really doesn't surprise me that you stepped into the MC world with the tenacity you did. The best part about it was being able to see some of my favourite people (Kevin, GregDan, and Fluffy) along with meeting some new incredible people (MikeyG, Cace, Chris). THANK YOU!!!!!

I'm going to skip staff sponsor day because I won't do it the same justice many already have. It was a whirlwind of excitement to play a bag of clubs from Bridgestone, arguably my favourite golf company long before my selection, and then to walk around and just enjoy the smiles, laughter, and excitement from 39 other participants. Orange Hog took a photo of me that will help me to remember that day for the rest of my life, and I am beyond grateful for that.

Round 1 - Vs TNTCigarGuy and Johnny Fairway/Bridgestone/Mojo

These guys were unbelievably gracious. After we barely squeaked by on the first hole, Andy settled in and played some of the best golf I've ever seen him play. I talked to him about playing within himself, and from that point on I genuinely had a hard time keeping up with him. between the two of us, we basically parred the rest of the holes from there, and in that kind of pressure it's a true testament to his progress as a player.

On the other side of the matchup was Johnny and Trevor. Two absolutely stellar guys who have obviously put some time into their games. Johnny with his endless fairways, and Trevor beasting some Callaway gear was fun to watch, but I'll always treasure the experience more than anything. Compliments on great shots were flying from both sides. Laughter, jokes, and an opportunity to get to know them better made my morning so enjoyable, and I was truly sad when the round came to an end.

I appreciate each of you. Thanks for sharing that experience with me.

Round 2 - Vs Fupresti and mpetersen

This was an insane 18 holes. We probably had a good 3 hours between matches, and between myself and AMart after four holes, I really was not certain any real golf would be accomplished during the Alt-Shot rounds. Especially after I asked him to hit a golf shot on the 3rd tee (trying to pump him up of course) and immediately proceeded to hit into the greenside bunker hahahaha! What a captain, right!?

I knew early on the heat had gotten to me a bit. I was kind of struggling to really compose my game, and my decision making was a bit sketchy rather than the usual decide-and-go style of play I enjoy. It wasn't until the 5th hole that we managed to put a solid three shots together, and from there we really started to find success.

Fupresti and mpetersen were awesome. They had some GREAT holes and some not so great ones, but we never lost sight of the event or our tempers, which made the second round yet another experience that will just linger with me. While the chip in by AMart to complete the match on 17 was a great highlight, my favourite part of the match came on number 13. Side by side in the right bunker, both myself and Fupresti had to hit excellent golf shots in brutal hard pan muddish bunkers to give our partners a shot at par, and we both managed to get within 10 feet with flops. I looked at David and said "great golf shots have been made here. Let's call it a halve and move on" which he immediately agreed to. It was probably one of my top five favourite experiences at an MC knowing that my attitude towards the competition was shared so similarly by someone who probably wanted to win as bad as I did.

The funny part of all this, is that I am speaking with Fupresti right now. We're talking about the MC and SPi. It's the #MCBrotherhood and I absolutely love it. Thanks for a memorable and hard fought battle guys!!!!

Round 3 - Vs Jman

I'm not even sure what I can say about this round. You can call it silly or crazy, or whatever else, but it was probably one of the hardest things I've ever done in my golf career. Jman is my rock on this site. I've experienced a myriad of things in my THP career and he has provided me with ample support through everything, and I like to think I do the same him. He's genuinely one of my best friends on this planet, and someone who I have been cheering on for game improvement during this past year. To have to play against him in singles, it really was an emotional experience. I realized early that I would either play my game or lose, and when I finally came to terms with that, I was down one on the 3rd tee.

From that point on, I played some golf. I hit fairways, and I hit greens. I tried to keep things loose in the cart with Fupresti who was in a full on battle with another one of my favourite people War Eagle, and things were generally loose around the greens which was great to be a part of. It wasn't until the hole prior to my match ending that I really started to think about what was about to happen again. The hole was conceded, and James came up to me and gave me a hug. We took the next tee dormie, and after I hit a drive that was fairway bound, the weight of the world sank on me.

Somehow I mustered probably my best approach shot of the week, landing a mere couple feet away from the hole, and it was eventually conceded. I'm not a crier. I can't stand being vulnerable and I much MUCH prefer laughter to any other emotion, but with James, it just brought the damn water works. I don't even know how to write about it... It was just a flood of emotions with one of my favourite people, and it was a double whammy because it was the last ball I'd ever play at a Morgan Cup.

James, you are one of, if not the best person I know. You're my brother, and I hope that never ever changes. Thank you. And thank you to David and Ryan for being a part of the foursome. It was a THP power foursome and I am proud to say I finished my Morgan Cup career with you guys.

Alright THP, I'm tapped out. #MicDrop

Aaaaaaand I'm all emotional again.

Love ya Dan. I mean that.

Jimmy and Dan - awesome recaps. I'm proud to you call teammates and friends.

Well done, JB and GG. Congratulations for making that dream a reality. That single dream pleased a whole lot of people in a very short time.

Great recaps guys, I really enjoy reading how this experience changed lives.

More when my recap comes .

Last edited:
Wow! The recaps were incredible and very touching Dan. Thanks for sharing!

Fantastic recaps, guys. All of them have been amazing.

I'll have mine in later this week. I actually need to outline this thing or it's going to be a rambling mess.

It's been a pleasure reading these recaps and catapulting me back to last weekend. What a roller coaster of emotions.

I hope to have my recap complete tonight.

Thanks for the recaps Dan, Jordan, Jimmy, and Fupresti. So much emotion in these posts.

Thank you all for sharing the recaps. It has been an absolute pleasure to share this whole journey with each one of you, and I'm thrilled to know that I will share the Brotherhood for a long time to come.

Fantastic recaps, guys. All of them have been amazing.

I'll have mine in later this week. I actually need to outline this thing or it's going to be a rambling mess.

That is the boat I am in as well...I am actually kind of afraid of the word count when the fingers start typing.

Thank you for the kind words Dan. Means a lot my friend.

Recap #1--Team THP

Months and months of buildup and we were finally together Wednesday night. For me the moment was made real when Capt Hawk came strolling in late Wed and it hit me that these were the guys that Id be going into battle with in just a few short days. The practice rounds were fun, tons of laughs, jokes and the occasional solid golf shot. The evenings were something Id never forget. Between the Hawk stories, Freddie freaking out after his power nap, hitting balls on #17 with a few guys barefoot or just shooting the breeze, I really cherished this time.

Ricky: It was AWESOME to see how much your game has transformed. You should be proud of what you have accomplished in a pretty short amount of time. The golf I saw/heard about Saturday morning was epic, you guys ran into a tough 2some but gave it all you had. Was happy that you were able to take a few days off from the drama of the real world and enjoy yourself. Your laugh is contagious and you have a heart of gold and I appreciate your friendship.

Cookie: #Buzzsaw, was glad to hang out with you a little bit more than we had in the past. Sure I had to keep my eye on you to make sure I wasnt being filmed during some of those shannanigans. You played some amazing golf leading up to the event and it carried forward to this past weekend. I cant imagine the emotions of dropping that ace all over Wardy but it had to feel pretty effing good. Keep plugging away and you will be single digits for a long time.

Ddec: Thanks for screwing up the resale value of my 7I but hitting some pure shots with it on #17 Friday when it didnt count for shat. I had some serious envy with your launch angle of that SLDR driver, even though the distance was similar to a PW it was still a thing of beauty. Pretty sure I havent laughed like we did once we confiscated Jordan's phone Sun night in a really long time. It was great to see you again and Im sure we will get to hang out more in the near future.

Freddie Kong: KONG HACKERS! My man, there is not much I can say. You were a blast to be around even if you couldnt handle our demands of 1 point on Sunday. Thanks for taking care of us with the lodging and a few killer breakfasts. Was happy we got to hang out and wish it was something we could do more often. There is something just genuine about you and that smile is contagious. You definitely peaked at the right time in MB and it showed on the course.

James: Hey we FINALLY played a round-ish together. We have come full circle and I meant everything I said Sunday night when saying goodbye. Our personalities are eerrily similar and that makes for some laughs. Im excited for what the future holds for you and the Doc and look forward to building upon our friendship in the future. That golf game was impressive, I think you handled these courses with multiple trees on them really well.

Beags: It had been WAY too long since we last got to hang out, thanks for finally travelling outside of FL. Good times as always minus the creepy modeling you did for Ricky that is now his avatar. I know you have had a ton going on in the last few months and it was awesome to see how dialed in your game was. You are my dude and Im hear ANYTIME you need anything buddy.

And last but not least...Captain Hawk.
Maybe 1,000 emails later and we finally got to meet for more than 10 minutes like last time. This guy pushed me to keep grinding away and improve my game. Just like in life there were peaks and valleys and he was there for inspiring words when those valleys were ventured upon. Your words to our team were inspirational and assuming you could avoid last place again Id go to battle for you any day of the week. Thank you for answering all of my dumb club questions without making too much fun of me and Im looking forward to the next time we can hang out.

There is a bond with this group that is difficult to explain. It goes beyond this site, and goes beyond golf and a brotherhood. I wish I could put it into words but for the first time maybe ever I cant. Im just happy to have been apart of it, happy to have spent time with these guys and happy that we gave it our all in MB this past weekend.

I may not have won the Morgan Cup, but I feel like Ive wont a whole lot more.

Thanks for the memories fellas

One of the best memories I'll have from this past weekend was how the TaylorMade Rep took the event for his staff on his shoulders. The guy was above and beyond the entire weekend. Bending clubs, reshafting, gifts and just being present.

I'm not saying the other reps didn't knock it out the park but this guy was not along for the entire ride like the other reps. My guess is he knew about as much about the MC a few weeks back as some of the locals on the range. I was truly impressed with his efforts!

One of the best memories I'll have from this past weekend was how the TaylorMade Rep took the event for his staff on his shoulders. The guy was above and beyond the entire weekend. Bending clubs, reshafting, gifts and just being present.

I'm not saying the other reps didn't knock it out the park but this guy was not along for the entire ride like the other reps. My guess is he knew about as much about the MC a few weeks back as some of the locals on the range. I was truly impressed with his efforts!

Kenn was incredible. Replacing the weight on Kyle's SLDR-s driver with a tour issue weight right on the range... doesn't get more tour experience than that. He wanted to make sure those guys felt special, and from what I heard, by the end of the event they absolutely did, and it's in large part to him going the extra mile.

It was cool seeing riding around the course Saturday checking in with his guys. Being there Sunday morning with more swag goodies, and wanting photos with them after they hit there tee ball was a good touch. Listening to him talk to Morgan and commenting on the intimacy of the Morgan Cup really put the icing on the cake. I'll be the first to admit, I was a skeptic at first. Just one more case of not judging a book by the cover. Dude was in point the entire weekend.

Back