Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

La Playa.

Real authentic mexican food. If they remember to bring you what you ordered.

Pro Tip

IF the pan is sizzling, there is a good chance its hot, so TYLER dont grab it with your hands

a9ynu6um.jpg

I love this picture...can't express how proud I am to be one of the five in it, particularly with the four of you.

Someone should have held a stuffed animal or squeaky toy in their hands so I knew where to look.

Freddie, you have helped me tremendously to transform my game so much for the better. You give so selflessly, and are so incredibly knowledgeable, I can't thank you enough. My golf game is the best it has ever been thanks in large part to your guidance along the way. You sir, are all class!
Ryan, your game was unreal to witness, both on Saturday and Sunday. When you told me you were a 14 a nearly fell out of the cart. I can't thank you enough for keeping me sane for 18 holes on Sunday. I'll get into in my recap though.

AdamW's dad had me laughing every time I saw him. My favorite quote came as he zoomed by me in his cart. "Josh, if you elect me, I wont raise taxes". Of course we were not talking about politics or anything of the sort, so the timing was perfect.

The entire group was fantastic and we are so glad that they came to enjoy it.

JB - That about sums up my dad in nutshell and he had an absolute blast. I'm really glad so many people had to opportunity to meet him. I talked to him this morning and he was still talking about what a great person you were and how awesome everyone was.

He said this to me, Sunday night on the ride back to the villa, "I've never seen this much great golf played since I went to the Western Open at Butler National. There wasn't one bad golfer out there. It was much more than I expected. Watching you guys play that level of golf was unbelievable. Josh and Morgan really created something that's amazing. I just can't believe that they were able to come up with an idea like this and make it happen. I'm so happy that you were able to be a part of this and that you shared it with me, because it's something that I'm never going to forget."

And I'm crying again......DAMNIT! I haven't cried this much in the last 6 months.

My recap is going to be a novel. There is so much to talk about. All of the people I met. All of the hard work. All of the moments I shared with people on and off the course. I've never looked forward to writing something this much in my life!

Stay tuned!

Ryan, your game was unreal to witness, both on Saturday and Sunday. When you told me you were a 14 a nearly fell out of the cart. I can't thank you enough for keeping me sane for 18 holes on Sunday. I'll get into in my recap though.

JB - That about sums up my dad in nutshell and he had an absolute blast. I'm really glad so many people had to opportunity to meet him. I talked to him this morning and he was still talking about what a great person you were and how awesome everyone was.

He said this to me, Sunday night on the ride back to the villa, "I've never seen this much great golf played since I went to the Western Open at Butler National. There wasn't one bad golfer out there. It was much more than I expected. Watching you guys play that level of golf was unbelievable. Josh and Morgan really created something that's amazing. I just can't believe that they were able to come up with an idea like this and make it happen. I'm so happy that you were able to be a part of this and that you shared it with me, because it's something that I'm never going to forget."

And I'm crying again......DAMNIT! I haven't cried this much in the last 6 months.

My recap is going to be a novel. There is so much to talk about. All of the people I met. All of the hard work. All of the moments I shared with people on and off the course. I've never looked forward to writing something this much in my life!

Stay tuned!

Cant wait to read it buddy. I went over to talk to you Sunday night and you were gone. I was so bummed. But we have a chance to play together some day. I know it.

Adam -- You're dad is awesome, and so is your game. I'm glad that I was able to get a round in with you.

Bill was truly an unexpected dose of awesome for the weekend. Such a hilarious, gracious person.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Bill was truly an unexpected dose of awesome for the weekend. Such a hilarious, gracious person.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Yes he was...the family members are so important to these events. It is easy for those of us to live in THP World each and every day to almost lose sight of how incredible everything is. It is so cool to see people outside the board observe us together, and hear them say what we know to be the truth but sometimes forget. I think it is almost a universal truth that once a spouse or parent has been to an event, they really start to understand it as well, and while they may not dive in to join us, it gives them a new perspective much more conducive to attending more events or playing golf more.

I know I saw a pretty incredible transformation in one Rebecca Alwine between Wednesday and Sunday as another example, but more to come on that in future recap posts. :act-up:

Yes he was...the family members are so important to these events. It is easy for those of us to live in THP World each and every day to almost lose sight of how incredible everything is. It is so cool to see people outside the board observe us together, and hear them say what we know to be the truth but sometimes forget. I think it is almost a universal truth that once a spouse or parent has been to an event, they really start to understand it as well, and while they may not dive in to join us, it gives them a new perspective much more conducive to attending more events or playing golf more.

I know I saw a pretty incredible transformation in one Rebecca Alwine between Wednesday and Sunday as another example, but more to come on that in future recap posts. :act-up:

I think part of Rebecca's transformation was hearing for 15 holes how much my pain my partner was in for 3 hours straight. :act-up:

Last edited:
It was cool seeing riding around the course Saturday checking in with his guys. Being there Sunday morning with more swag goodies, and wanting photos with them after they hit there tee ball was a good touch. Listening to him talk to Morgan and commenting on the intimacy of the Morgan Cup really put the icing on the cake. I'll be the first to admit, I was a skeptic at first. Just one more case of not judging a book by the cover. Dude was in point the entire weekend.

Couldn't agree more, Kevin. Kenn was always keeping tabs of his guys and was just so impressed with the entire Morgan Cup as a whole. He said that he had been involved with other amateur "golf events" and tournaments and he was just blown away by the Morgan Cup.

I think par of Rebecca's transformation was hearing for 15 holes how much my pain my partner was in for 3 hours straight. :act-up:

Hey!!!

Thank you Adam. Can't wait to read your recap, and you will for sure be featured in mine once I've gathered all of my thoughts. I think video is the way I'll go.

Great recaps so far and these are going to be hard to even get close to. Wow! I've tried to like each and every one of them but if I forgot a few please know it wasn't on purpose! I can't keep up!

Please tell me someone is going to do a video recap. Don't make me reconsider.

Great recaps so far and these are going to be hard to even get close to. Wow! I've tried to like each and every one of them but if I forgot a few please know it wasn't on purpose! I can't keep up!

I'm with you Big Time. You and Buck's videos from last year were part of what sucked me into the event.

I was sitting her all choked up just typing. No chance I would get through a video recap.

I vote for the big time video--its your video skillz that got ya here after all!

I'm pondering video. But I don't want video online of me acting like a babbling idiot in a dusty movie theatre showing Brian's Song.

I'm pondering video. But I don't want video online of me acting like a babbling idiot in a dusty movie theatre showing Brian's Song.

Should have done it immediately after leaving the bar at True Blue Sunday afternoon, you were in "great shape" for a video

I was sitting her all choked up just typing. No chance I would get through a video recap.

Attempt #1: Just shoot the video of you crying....

and then go back in and put an audio track over top of it saying what you really want to say (hopefully after a good cry you could get through it all).

Should have done it immediately after leaving the bar at True Blue Sunday afternoon, you were in "great shape" for a video

We should have done this. It would have been a fantastic commercial for La Playa.

Oh Mike, he was just tired and had to get to bed to prepare for his early morning the next day. He-He. :D

Really hoping to see a recap from Castor Hades. He had some gorgeous pictures and videos in the leadup to #THPMC, really hoping to see more.

I love that Seth. He is annoying and sort of like a really amped up drunk frat boy, but I do love that guy.

I love that Seth. He is annoying and sort of like a really amped up drunk frat boy, but I do love that guy.

yeah the stuff he was yelling at Freddie was legendary

Back