2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Lots of great ideas here. My only votes are for a desert course (maybe Phoenix or Reno) and a high altitude course (Denver sounds good). Close to a major airport... preferably a hub... should get preference too.

[QUOsTE=tyno;3192150]441, take a look at http://www.pknpk.com/golf/golf/

obviously i'm partial to the location, but i also believe it's a decent hub as well. Albatross members within only a few hours in every direction.
spectacular course (that used to host Nationwide Tour events) as well as lodging and meals right at the course.

if the price was right, i think it'd be a decent option for an event down the road, 2016 perhaps....[/QUOTE]
looks super nice

Lots of great ideas here. My only votes are for a desert course (maybe Phoenix or Reno) and a high altitude course (Denver sounds good). Close to a major airport... preferably a hub... should get preference too.

Nothing in your home state then?

Not everything is about Texas.

Listen now....I know we've been apart for a few days now but that gives you no right to speak the truth to me now.

I was asking to make sure he didn't overlook anything else........like his home state.

After playing it finally, I'd love for another event to be at Caledonia. It's such a challenging, beautiful course.

The fact that you have thought about it says a lot about you and the lengths you go to to provide for the community, so I take my hat off to you for that JB

Until we manage to get enough people over here signed up, we will continue to have fun in the name of THP and hopefully get to have you visiting this side of the water one day
I would seriously ponder a UK golf outing - I would make a week of it.

Edit: about two weeks late, but I was on vacation.

After playing it finally, I'd love for another event to be at Caledonia. It's such a challenging, beautiful course.

Second this for sure. Caledonia does not play to my strengths, but I love the nonetheless.

True Blue and Caledonia pack a mean one-two punch.

Listen now....I know we've been apart for a few days now but that gives you no right to speak the truth to me now.

I was asking to make sure he didn't overlook anything else........like his home state.

I miss you too. I wasn't making fun of Texas--there's a good chance I will be living there at some point.

Was just telling the mrs tonight about how special of a place the resort is. One of the few places I have encountered that just get what the THP events are all about

A beauty for sure!

Was just telling the mrs tonight about how special of a place the resort is. One of the few places I have encountered that just get what the THP events are all about

The resort is nice, but I just got a warm, fuzzy feeling when thinking about that tree lined drive up towards the clubhouse. It's just a beautiful course, and challenging for long and not so long hitters.

Of course, but Dallas and SA were mentioned in every other post thru the first few pages so I figured that was covered :)
I figured you might want a return trip to branson / springfield :)

My choices were posted long ago, but Branson was high on my list. I really wanted to go the last time, but family obligations prevented that trip. Hope to see it in 2015.

2015 THP Events--Where and Why? Lets Discuss

Absolutely!! ...but I was trying not to be a homer... live in Dallas/FtW... grew up outside of Joplin, MO

Last edited:
Would love to see one in Nashville or Austin.

Would love to see one in Nashville or Austin.

We were just in Nashville and it was a great time. That SeeMore event was fantastic.

Completely selfish but there's a bunch of nice courses in the Williamsburg, VA area.

You guys do another True Blue or Caledonia event, I'm there. That was my first event two Decembers ago and I still tell people about it.

THP family stay and play at Disney? I have no idea if we have the demographic for that to gain traction... I may be able to sell that to the one who must be obeyed! We have 3 under 6 right now so trips are tough.

Bandon Dunes would be really really hard to pass up...Let's be honest I would beg my wife, and it would get pretty embarrassing. It would be an absolute joy to play all day with any of you guys on that property. I want to get out there so bad! I know that this property is a little tough to get in and out of but it seems like the golf is really worth it.

The golf around Kohler is top notch, I have played all but Meadow Valley and cost could be mitigated a bit by staying at the less expensive of the two on property options.

Lots of great ideas in this thread!

OK now that Adams is moving to CA, I request Dallas but put on the map (selfish of course) as the decision to move Adams may effect what happens to the THP schedule next year. :D

Not everything is about Texas.
Common man just imagine an extra 50 yards roll on your massive drives... you could reach a new longest drive of all THP events status!

..wait you may have that on carry alone..

Id love to see an event that is close to Arkansas so it is easier costwise for me to attend.

I am brand new to the forum (3 weeks or so) but have played/caddied all over the place so I'll put my .02 in if that's ok. I am definitely planning on going wherever we have an event if it is reasonably priced and at a good time

The ones I saw mentioned in the first 10 pages are fantastic. Denver has some gr8 golf courses. Dallas has it all. Always good weather, loads of hotels, and tons of fairly priced quality golf. Austin is fantastic and probably not getting enough love. Barton Creek has 4 championship golf courses and plenty of hotels <15 miles away.

San Antonio is fantastic as well but I would definitely switch La Cantera and put in the TPC Oaks which might well be a top 5 course in the state

One spot I didn't see mentioned is Reno/Tahoe which is one of the most beautiful, albeit expensive places to visit and the golf is fantastic.

Also, I didn't see Spokane or Seattle mentioned. I don't know if these events need a # of THPers so plz forgive me if I don't know the paramaters. Wisconsin (specifically Kohler is a destination with Straits and Irish course and Blackwolf Run and Meadows , 4 really good golf courses and Chicago is only 2 hours south

Ok, so here are Cities/States I've never played golf in but want to and would travel to

New York/NJ
Boston
Philly
Atlanta
SC/NC
All huge cities with ez travel and good golf

Here is where I've been and recommend

Austin
San Antonio

Really not even gonna throw Dallas in there since I want to travel for this and there is better golf in these 2 cities

Scottsdale
Vegas Baby
San Diego
Reno

Back