TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sldr weight thing.. That was so darn cool. Dude goes to his car, grabs a torch and a weight kit and says hey you guys, open your hands. I need a work bench. Then he just goes straight into tour van mode. Kyle's face was just in awe. So freakin cool

That is so cool to read how he was personally invested in the event as well as TMAGs support.

The sldr weight thing.. That was so darn cool. Dude goes to his car, grabs a torch and a weight kit and says hey you guys, open your hands. I need a work bench. Then he just goes straight into tour van mode. Kyle's face was just in awe. So freakin cool

Without a doubt. Did anyone catch that on camera?

That is so cool to read how he was personally invested in the event as well as TMAGs support.

It was great. Also he was there Friday night at the dinner, Saturday night at the dinner, and Sunday morning on the tee. Can't say enough good things about him.

Yea, I'm still over here with my mouth open.... A blow torch... On the range.... My Club getting something super awesome done

Proud Member of #TeamParadise

Without a doubt. Did anyone catch that on camera?

I have no idea. I was part work bench and to be honest I didn't want to do anything but watch.

Yea, I'm still over here with my mouth open.... A blow torch... On the range.... My Club getting something super awesome done

Pretty sure I looked right at you and mouthed, "THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME"

I walked by while that was going on, and just sort of stared, wondering what was going on. That was really cool.

Kenn gave the TM staffers the best treatment that any group have received throughout the history of this event. Really gave them a true tour experience. He gave us extra gloves, balls, tees. Changed lie angles and grips. Reshafted a hybrid, changed the SLDR weight on the bottom of the club. Provided extra shoes, gave us some Tmag swag, and then showed up on the tee Sunday Morning with Club Glove towels because it was going to extra humid out. The guy really cared for the event and wanted to make it the best weekend of golf we could experience. He without a doubt made that happen for this group of 8.
That is a truly tour experience, so cool to see them embrace it!

Kenn gave the TM staffers the best treatment that any group have received throughout the history of this event. Really gave them a true tour experience. He gave us extra gloves, balls, tees. Changed lie angles and grips. Reshafted a hybrid, changed the SLDR weight on the bottom of the club. Provided extra shoes, gave us some Tmag swag, and then showed up on the tee Sunday Morning with Club Glove towels because it was going to extra humid out. The guy really cared for the event and wanted to make it the best weekend of golf we could experience. He without a doubt made that happen for this group of 8.
Sounds like you guys got the real tour expericance very cool

There were too many moments that happened this weekend to pick a favorite, but meeting Kenn, showing him the Live Update thread on my phone, and seeing him embrace the event and truly care for the TM staffers participating in it is way up there on the list.

I have a feeling you would have loved this guy

I wish i could have tried to get in but with the new little ones my wife would have killed me i just played my first round since they were born on Sat at Pasatiempo

I have no idea. I was part work bench and to be honest I didn't want to do anything but watch.

Pretty sure I looked right at you and mouthed, "THIS IS FREAKIN AWESOME"

So the background for those that were wondering what was going on.... I had asked Kenn if the S Series had the capabilities of adding a toe screw like the regular SLDR tour clubs have. I told him I had tinkered with hot melt and weighting in the past and how to go about it with these. My biggest problem with my driver at the MC was it was falling left and had a really high ball flight that I wasn't used too.

I had asked him how to add some toe weight when I got home and he basically said, let me do it for you now. I asked, "doesn't that require tools?" He said yea, I have a blow torch and weights in the car... I'm like anyone else.... I love to tinker... (Internet Golfer hasn't tinkered until they have used a blow torch on the range)

It made me feel like he was one of us

He added some weight to the toe and then also changed the weight on my slide to give me a little more toe weight and to change the spin dynamics a bit. Truly first class and was made even more fun with the fact all the TM staffers kicked in to help since we didn't have a bench.

The Morgan Cup is set to return in 2014 to beautiful Myrtle Beach for what THP calls the Ultimate Golf Event Period. Golfers from around the world gathering at an amazing venue and treated like tour professionals with a full 14 club staff deal, apparel scripting and so much more.

Click here to see what TaylorMade has to say about the Morgan Cup, and hear more about their return.

http://bit.ly/1dm1pXv

Even better when you click the link at work and get "Access Denied" oops

Even better when you click the link at work and get "Access Denied" oops

here, I will quote what is in the link for you.

The Morgan Cup is set to return in 2014 to beautiful Myrtle Beach for what THP calls the Ultimate Golf Event Period. Golfers from around the world gathering at an amazing venue and treated like tour professionals with a full 14 club staff deal, apparel scripting and so much more.
taylormade-driver-golf1-300x282.jpg

TaylorMade Golf was a big part of kicking off this unique event 4 years ago and since that time has continued to bring innovation to the golf world and top notch equipment used by the best golfers in the world.
“The Morgan Cup is one of the pillars of the THP community. It is a unique event that brings passionate golfers together for an incredible experience. We look forward to partnering with Josh and Morgan to help create a wonderful event and to share our brands with their members.”, said Dave Cordero Public Relations Manager at TaylorMade Golf.
The 2014 Morgan Cup is coming and THP is honored to announce that TaylorMade Golf will be a part of it. Stay tuned to the THP Events section of the online community for more information on this, and all of our other fine events.
Did you like this? Share it:

I was in the process of quoting all the comments about Kenn that were made. But, that would have taken pages of quotes, and Dean's post summed it up pretty well in one paragraph. We were blown away by Kenn's genuine interest in making sure each of us had everything and anything we needed for this event. Then to be there on the first (and tenth, how did he do that?) tees Saturday morning with more goodies, and more importantly, encouragement was just awesome. I can't thank him and TaylorMade Golf enough. I'm so glad that there were three of us TaylorMade Staffers on the winning Morgan Cup team.

I could never thank TaylorMade enough for the all of the gear and clothes we got, so I hope this doesn't come off as negative. Going into the weekend I felt like TM was not as involved as some of the other sponsors, but Kenn completely turned that around. While the other reps were there to take pictures and promote their brands, Kenn was there to work. He completely through himself into the event and gave us the tour experience that very few will ever get to experience. I really believe he enjoyed this weekend as much as we did.

I could never thank TaylorMade enough for the all of the gear and clothes we got, so I hope this doesn't come off as negative. Going into the weekend I felt like TM was not as involved as some of the other sponsors, but Kenn completely turned that around. While the other reps were there to take pictures and promote their brands, Kenn was there to work. He completely through himself into the event and gave us the tour experience that very few will ever get to experience. I really believe he enjoyed this weekend as much as we did.

No, we all share the same sentiments. Kenn just took an experience and made it amazing. Even players on other OEM's were commenting about what TaylorMade pulled off and its lasting effects.

TaylorMade Golf - Welcome to the 2014 Morgan Cup

Kenn came back on every single day with something new and cool under his arm...that was one of the things that was so cool, you didn't expect it, and yet there he stood, with a handful of boxes. Every day.

I have never been a taylormade fan. Call it brand loyalty or whatever, it just has been that way for me for whatever reason... When i watched Kenn do what he did for the MC Staffers on sponsor day, he single handedly did what all their marketing and new club releases could not... He made me want to go out and biy some taylormade gear! From bringing extra balls and gloves friday, extra swag on saturday, buting his ass on friday making sure all gear were up to specs, taking about 30 clubs back to work on friday night to be done by 7:30 tee time saturday, to keeping tabs on all his staff throughout the weekend, he singlehandedly slam dunked it for taylormade! I was so happy to see that and i HAD to shake his hand! What a great guy!!!

Spot on Kang, he was absolutely amazing. I couldn't have been happier seeing the service he provided.

I really loved how the TM staffers looked all weekend. From the gear to the threads, everyone looked great! Those staff bags were so sexy

I have never been a taylormade fan. Call it brand loyalty or whatever, it just has been that way for me for whatever reason... When i watched Kenn do what he did for the MC Staffers on sponsor day, he single handedly did what all their marketing and new club releases could not... He made me want to go out and biy some taylormade gear! From bringing extra balls and gloves friday, extra swag on saturday, buting his ass on friday making sure all gear were up to specs, taking about 30 clubs back to work on friday night to be done by 7:30 tee time saturday, to keeping tabs on all his staff throughout the weekend, he singlehandedly slam dunked it for taylormade! I was so happy to see that and i HAD to shake his hand! What a great guy!!!

Amen Kang. I've been critical of TM's direction recently but seeing Kenn do what he did really impressed the hell out of me. That dude rocked it for TM, completely and entirely rocked it.

We saw stuff that mere mortals never get to see. Watching him swap out the weights in Kyle's driver and then seeing it in action was amazing. Then at dinner Saturday night when he didn't have to be there. Then on Sunday he was at the tee again to see all off his staffers off. Dude was en fuego. Single handedly upped the rep game.

Amen Kang. I've been critical of TM's direction recently but seeing Kenn do what he did really impressed the hell out of me. That dude rocked it for TM, completely and entirely rocked it.

Kenn did it right. He was rockstar, and with people like him, TM is doing it right.

His treatment of us was on the rockstar level.

Interesting email huh guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back