Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

Love those pictures Freddie...man risked life and limb to climb up to get those aerial shots.

Wow you all are putting some great recaps on here. I am currently trying my best at writing one up becuae I know if I did a video I would just mumble and no one would understand Coers Language. But hopefully ill get this done today.

From original selection into the Morgan cup, I determined that my journey was going to be different from many. I had heard stories of previous events where some had shown up and been unprepared, so I determined to be the opposite of that and try and surprise everyone with as much improvement as possible. To say I was obsessed is an understatement. I bring this up because it was somewhat a strain on the family life and I have some regrets there. I could have worked smarter, but quantity was is what I know. Anyway, I only showed a piece of my journey to the forums and a little more but not all to the team. To summarize, with countless hours each week I did improve as a golfer but I missed something more important in the bigger picture.

I began to realize this in my first round--Erik and Jake were just incredible dudes that were so nice--here I was caught up in all this pressure of winning and these guys had that pressure too but were also having a great time and being gracious before during and after the round. I started to realize my attitude needed adjustment. Again with Coers and Parshooter (Andy and Andrew) just awesome people having fun through the process. This is where Captain Ward was a thorn in my side :alien: He has the biggest heart of anyone I know--I have never played with such a nice person to opponents and teammates alike. I embraced the attitude and played one of the most fun rounds of competitive golf. Singles with Hawk was more of the same--such a nice guy. So why do I bring all this up in the recap thread? Because at some point I did finally realize that the Morgan Cup was more than winning--I had won a nice cup went 4-0 but still felt a little empty. Moral of the story--Embrace the people of THP--be a part of the community. I found my self worth in my golf score--and it is not about that with these guys--I tried to fit in by getting really good at playing golf and then bragging about that, but I missed some true friendships along the way..

Josh and Morgan have created the ultimate experience for me this weekend--Staff sponsor day had me like a kid at Christmas and I am eternally grateful for the gift you have given all 40 of us this weekend. I hope to turn this around and support the community for what it is--a bunch of hackers who come together as friends to enjoy events like this. I will continue to support the great Sponsors as well. Time to work on the legacy I will leave..

Shout outs: Team Dotcom--I posted more on each earlier--you guys rock and took me in. WCBM and WCHM--just wow! what great guys to someone they had never met. Erik, your words the next day and gracious attitude. Nate and Cookie in DFW--thanks for putting up with me. To Josh, Morgan, THP staff, and the Volunteers--thank you for your impact on helping improve this community and putting this weekend together.

Nice post Ward. We all take a different journey dude, so don't get too wrapped up in all that. We had a good time Sunday and you were very gracious during my a$$ whooping lol. No ragrets!

#cookie - I'm laughing at your initial description of the HOI - "It went in the hole.....yea" pause "it went in the hole".
Great recap!

a6adury7.jpg

ru9evupe.jpg

7uby6ymu.jpg

The madness before the madness. Walking into the club house was nothing short of awesome. These guys were excited and MikeG stepped it up a notch with his call to the range
Those are some awesome pics freddie!

WardF......the key is here brother that you got it! The brotherhood is real and nobody can take it away from you ever! Embrace the relationships you made along the way. Build on those and chock it up to a winning learning experience buddy

From original selection into the Morgan cup, I determined that my journey was going to be different from many. I had heard stories of previous events where some had shown up and been unprepared, so I determined to be the opposite of that and try and surprise everyone with as much improvement as possible. To say I was obsessed is an understatement. I bring this up because it was somewhat a strain on the family life and I have some regrets there. I could have worked smarter, but quantity was is what I know. Anyway, I only showed a piece of my journey to the forums and a little more but not all to the team. To summarize, with countless hours each week I did improve as a golfer but I missed something more important in the bigger picture.

I began to realize this in my first round--Erik and Jake were just incredible dudes that were so nice--here I was caught up in all this pressure of winning and these guys had that pressure too but were also having a great time and being gracious before during and after the round. I started to realize my attitude needed adjustment. Again with Coers and Parshooter (Andy and Andrew) just awesome people having fun through the process. This is where Captain Ward was a thorn in my side :alien: He has the biggest heart of anyone I know--I have never played with such a nice person to opponents and teammates alike. I embraced the attitude and played one of the most fun rounds of competitive golf. Singles with Hawk was more of the same--such a nice guy. So why do I bring all this up in the recap thread? Because at some point I did finally realize that the Morgan Cup was more than winning--I had won a nice cup went 4-0 but still felt a little empty. Moral of the story--Embrace the people of THP--be a part of the community. I found my self worth in my golf score--and it is not about that with these guys--I tried to fit in by getting really good at playing golf and then bragging about that, but I missed some true friendships along the way..

Josh and Morgan have created the ultimate experience for me this weekend--Staff sponsor day had me like a kid at Christmas and I am eternally grateful for the gift you have given all 40 of us this weekend. I hope to turn this around and support the community for what it is--a bunch of hackers who come together as friends to enjoy events like this. I will continue to support the great Sponsors as well. Time to work on the legacy I will leave..

Shout outs: Team Dotcom--I posted more on each earlier--you guys rock and took me in. WCBM and WCHM--just wow! what great guys to someone they had never met. Erik, your words the next day and gracious attitude. Nate and Cookie in DFW--thanks for putting up with me. To Josh, Morgan, THP staff, and the Volunteers--thank you for your impact on helping improve this community and putting this weekend together.

This brings a smile to my face more than you know. I'm really happy to read this and know that you "get it".

#cookie - I'm laughing at your initial description of the HOI - "It went in the hole.....yea" pause "it went in the hole".
Great recap!

Hahaha, well that is basically what happened. Still in somewhat of disbelief given the circumstances.

Great video Jimmy - Love the "Golf clubs are golf clubs and can be replaced. This flag.....". Awesome stuff. Impactful. There are many that want to join these grand events for equipment. Which is a heck of a good reason to want in but the bigger prize is the people you meet and the friends you make. You said it from the heart!

Thats really awesome Ward. Glad you got to see what THP is really about. That makes me very very happy. And you played out of your mind as well.

Hi, I'm James and I'm the one that bum rushed Cookie on the tee.

Love ya dude, watched every second of that recap, well damn done my friend.

So I found this little gem going through my phone & had to share. Commentary was provided by none other than Johnny Bridgestone. This is how you pack a staff bag!

https://vimeo.com/102227109

I was worried about that bag getting in there. It looked so much bigger than the Callaway bag from last year. In the end, no worries! Too funny.....

Nice recaps Cookie. Get that power issue looked at! You had a great ride in these MC's and you rose to the occasion each and every time. You were made for this event.

WardF, loved the excitement I saw in your eyes each time we played leading up to the MC. You were like a 14 year old in a 40 year old body. That's why I loved this event. It brought the kid out in all of us.

I just want to Thank everyone for sharing the recaps. I enjoyed reading them all.

I guess I got a bit long winded....had to break the below down into 2 videos to meet the YouTube guidelines. This was a high level recap of the event and matches......individual shout outs will be done via a separate video yet to be filmed.

18 minutes of my mug below so don't blame anyone for not making it through!

Great recap buddy! I got CHILLS when you started talking about 14! Unreal dude, it couldn't have happened to a better person. Hole in frickin one at the Morgan Cup to square your match!!!!! Legendary!

Cookie I just watched your videos. I think you are right. We did the forum proud. We had some good times and put on a good show. It was an incredibly special event. #NoRagrets

Finally caught up on the recaps. All I can say is that each and every one of them have been incredible! It's so interesting to hear everyone's unique perspective of the MC and how different and yet how similar they all were. You guys all dedicated yourselves so much these last 8 months and it clearly paid off. But, more than the actual golf, I just enjoy hearing about the bond all you guys formed and how much fun everyone had. Keep the amazing recaps coming, I will keep reading each and every one.

Cookie that was great. I enjoyed every minute of the videos. Man i wish i was there for 14 but like you said i, along with rest of prosperity, will be there many times over as watch it over and over!

One of my favorite memories of the weekend was following Ddec's singles match at the end. He was playing my boy Scarnici and it was tight. The match finished up on 17 but they decided to play 18 in. Dev and I having been done for roughly 2 hours at that point and just driving around causing trouble decided we'd play in with them.

We hit our shots into the green (and water...me) and Dean and I walked in from there. It was so quiet, there was absolutely nobody around the green, nobody there to watch us....nothing. But it was Dean and I walking in together, the only 2 players to have competed in all 4 Morgan Cups and we just had a good 5 minute conversation about what the MC was to us and how it had changed and the memories we had. As we get to the green, I with no clubs and no ball to putt since I put my shot in the water, Josh comes up and walks up to us and we bro hug it out and thank him for this opportunity.

I'll be honest, at first when I was in the MC and Dean wasn't I felt bad. I loved being the only guy to possibly have 4 MC experiences, but it wasn't right without my buddy Ddec. THEN when I had to drop and Dean was in I became insanely jealous! Haha.....THEN to get back in and to be able to join Dean in that walk....that was special. I'll never forget that Deano.....I'm glad I could take this Morgan Cup ride with you each and every time brother! First ever Morgan Cup CHAMPS baby!!!

One of my favorite memories of the weekend was following Ddec's singles match at the end. He was playing my boy Scarnici and it was tight. The match finished up on 17 but they decided to play 18 in. Dev and I having been done for roughly 2 hours at that point and just driving around causing trouble decided we'd play in with them.

We hit our shots into the green (and water...me) and Dean and I walked in from there. It was so quiet, there was absolutely nobody around the green, nobody there to watch us....nothing. But it was Dean and I walking in together, the only 2 players to have competed in all 4 Morgan Cups and we just had a good 5 minute conversation about what the MC was to us and how it had changed and the memories we had. As we get to the green, I with no clubs and no ball to putt since I put my shot in the water, Josh comes up and walks up to us and we bro hug it out and thank him for this opportunity.

I'll be honest, at first when I was in the MC and Dean wasn't I felt bad. I loved being the only guy to possibly have 4 MC experiences, but it wasn't right without my buddy Ddec. THEN when I had to drop and Dean was in I became insanely jealous! Haha.....THEN to get back in and to be able to join Dean in that walk....that was special. I'll never forget that Deano.....I'm glad I could take this Morgan Cup ride with you each and every time brother! First ever Morgan Cup CHAMPS baby!!!

It was great so stand with Dev and watch you guys make that walk up 18. That is one of my best memories of the week

I am yet to watch the recap videos, but over the course of the last day or so, I have read through the recaps (when I should have been working.....) and like last year, it still sends a shiver down my spine reading them even though I wasn't involved other than reading posts on here as things happened

There is no denying I am disappointed that I will never experience the Morgan Cup, but I have no doubt that the future will bring bigger and better events

Thank you to JB and GG for what you have done (and are still yet to do), and thank you to everyone who has shared their experiences with all of us here, it has been a great few days to read through everything

Jimmy, your fiancée took some awesome photos. I edited one, might need to be printed and framed in my house somewhere - she caught me right before I hit my first tee ball of the tournament.

That picture is AWESOME!!!

Teams: Jerimiah and Adam, that was some serious fun in the morning match, to be honest when you hit the drive on our first hole I though I we might get our asses kicked and you guys fought like roman warriors! (minus the outfits of course) I loved every minute of our match guys except the winning part, it's always difficult to win against friends, especially when they are a swonderful as you two.

I'm sure you realized after it took me 3 to get out of the waste area that the ass kicking would be heading in the other direction...:surrender:

Well here goes nothing! If you choose to watch enjoy! Still things after watching it that I'm leaving out I will try to capture those moments daily.

Had to go find a meeting room to watch this in.......great job Jimmy

Great recaps guys!

Well here goes nothing! If you choose to watch enjoy! Still things after watching it that I'm leaving out I will try to capture those moments daily.

Well done on all fronts my friend! Been trying to find the right words since watching this last night. Appreciate the shout out, but it is me that was proud of the work and dedication you put into the MC. You are the rock star on all fronts and it is a honor to call you and your Pops my friends.

It has been an absolute pleasure reading all of the recaps - they have been incredible. Thanks to everyone for sharing your memories and experiences.

I said it earlier but that was one of the highlights of my week. Watching you and Dean walk up 18 one more time. It was really something special and I am glad I was there to see it.

Back