Recap Thread - 2014 Morgan Cup

b4d39b2962f7e7ac23159684cd651356.jpg

My wife and I watched "The Millers" this weekend, the end credits with this character's out-takes are a riot

Andy.........You played great golf during singles. Never say sorry you played awesome.

Adam.....Thank you for that recap. Great post!

Donne....I am not buying another box of Tissues!

Donne, I couldn't have asked for a better teammate, captain, and playing partner. My wife has now started copying you. "Two deep breaths, and then say what you're going to say." The thing is, it works somehow, for me and the kids.

When I headed into the weekend, I was not expecting I would inadvertently come across parenting techniques.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Nate/John – First of all, I would like to establish that these two fine players and men asked me to pair them together. As I thought about pros/cons of that idea, I decided that there were very few draws that these two could not handle, and that even with splitting them up, I was by no means guaranteed two wins per round. I think knowing that they were playing together really drove both of these guys through their improvement journeys.

Since Captain Donne brought up the pairing thoughts I wanted to add this Captain Donne moment to this conversation. After our PM match on Saturday I saw Donne back at the villa. He asked how it went with John and I. I told him in hindsight, if we had it to do over again, I would have maybe split John and I up for the PM matches. John and I didn't have our best outing at Caldedonia. Anyways, here is the Captain Donne moment. He tells me that if he was even going to consider that it would have been splitting Johnny Fairway and TNT up to pair with each of us. We all 4 won in the PM so it was a wash anyways. Didn't matter.

And that is why Donne was our Captain. Thanks Cap!

Andy - you played your heart out there on Sunday, and played some really good golf. You did not come off as a sore loser at all. It was a pleasure playing and riding with you.

So I am sitting here with 3 computers open video on two of them and THP on the other. I just watched something so trivial and lost it a bit. It was nothing more than a hug between two players that knew the Morgan Cup had ended. Why was that emotional? I dont know, because I am weird I guess, but it hit me. There is no more Morgan Cup. I had to say it to myself 3 more times outloud (yes I am a dork), there is no more Morgan Cup. I got a couple of stories to share with you guys about the history that are fairly meaningless but pretty funny.

How did the name come to be? GolferGal and I were sitting here after I told her this ridiculous idea and I said what should it be named? We went back and forth and had nothing (I knew all along I wanted to name it the Morgan Cup). I said to her how about the Morgan Cup. The name is unisex for the most part and could symbolize the host. She went for it and the rest is history. From day 1, when I drew up the outline, I had known what I wanted to name it and got my way (which is a trend with this event).

The first one was awful on our end. I got thrown into playing and the idea of coverage just a few hours delayed was up there with the worst ideas I have ever come up with. I can think of a few worse ones, but that is for a different story. I mean just truly terrible and despite GG working her tail off uploading and streaming coverage, it was just not good. But the end result was okay (not the coverage, but the confidence). That we could do this thing right with the right people and make it special. It took a couple of tries, but the result was awesome.

This year my favorite part of the trip (well I had lots of them) was walking around on Staff Sponsor Day and making sure we spoke to every single person there. Making sure things were right, they were having fun and that the smiles we saw from far away were real. Seeing people happy was the only goal ever for this event and while some may think otherwise, its just not accurate. The only reason we have ever hosted this, was to see if it could be done, done right and see golfers experience what has never been completed. All the other stuff was heresay and bullsh!t. The journey should be this way, that way or any other way in between. The journey was simple...Do it your way. That was it. There are thousands of ways to get there, all we wanted in return was someone to come eager for the event to be on deck.

What we got were 40 people eager for just that...The only way to capitalize on that (metaphorically speaking) was to do the weekend the right way, our way from the time Staff Sponsor Day began until the final count was done on Sunday. It was calculated, it was cold in some ways, but it was the right move to change the entire event. 24 new people did not know what to expect, and the 16 veterans did not either. That was strangely a great feeling, but at the same time a nerve wracking one. We always loved the veterans advice as the moments grew near, but also knew they had no idea what was coming and much of the stuff they were saying (while well intentioned) was just not accurate for this event. So we let it ride and just told people to expect the unexpected.

The changes were a hit in our opinions and based on what I am viewing, the volunteers captured them as well as possible. There is just so much incredible stuff that took place it was the perfect cap to the perfect weekend and its captured as well as possible. Just some of the changes.
Media Day was dead and buried (it was terrible).
Staff Sponsor Day was new and incredible.
Every participant had different tasks.
Practice Round scheduled with company participation.
New Formats
More points on Saturday
Not knowing Sunday opponent until the event
Group Dinners Friday and Saturday
Heck outside of the name and Sunday Singles, the entire event was completely different, which was the goal from the very beginning. Move people in a way through the game of golf that nobody thought was feasible. Whether that be through the practice, the staff bags, the 14 club deals, the tasks, the competition, the team or anything else. Change the game as it was written, because despite what some thought, it was broken.

Then a week before the event, I got sidetracked. I wont get into the details, but those there know I had a few things bothering me. It hit again on Saturday at the event when my wife was crying and we thought it was the end of our little boy. It made me a bit colder on Sunday, knowing we were playing "beat the clock", but I was not going to let this take away from the experience. No matter what, it was about the people there, and the committment to excellence that all 40 gave in their own way, deserved the greatness that was the final curtain call of the Morgan Cup.

I know leading up to the event, during the event and even a bit afterwards, posts were made like "possibly" the final one, etc etc. We can tell everybody now that it is real, the event that took place was in fact the final Morgan Cup. Not because anybody did anything wrong or that it was not well received. In fact the opposite, it got the rise we expected (good and bad) and was one for the ages. It truly is special watching 40 work together, rather than some work together and some work to pull apart. It was a special weekend (and journey) that should/will stand the test of time and never be forgotten.

Where was I...Oh yeah, going through the video and seeing the movement of the players. Seeing the excitement of the players. Seeing the happiness of all involved. No matter what happened, nothing can ever remove that memory. Watching this reminds me of why we do it, why we love it and why we will continue to evolve and become better at what we do here, and better people because of it. While you thank us for the event, we thank you for the memories of a special year that will last the test of time. The wonderful final curtain call of the Morgan Cup. Truly, one special journey...

Since Captain Donne brought up the pairing thoughts I wanted to add this Captain Donne moment to this conversation. After our PM match on Saturday I saw Donne back at the villa. He asked how it went with John and I. I told him in hindsight, if we had it to do over again, I would have maybe split John and I up for the PM matches. John and I didn't have our best outing at Caldedonia. Anyways, here is the Captain Donne moment. He tells me that if he was even going to consider that it would have been splitting Johnny Fairway and TNT up to pair with each of us. We all 4 won in the PM so it was a wash anyways. Didn't matter.

And that is why Donne was our Captain. Thanks Cap!

I will digress from my novellas long enough to say that in pure hindsight, I wish there would have been a way to contrive a match between Nate/John and Marc/Jimmy. I think the other 36 of us would have gladly ridden around and watch that display of awesome golf.

Post of the year from JB and there isn't a close 2nd.
I think you finally achieved what you set out to accomplish with this last MC and it's only fitting to let it fade away on top.

I was going to put this in my eventual conclusion, but it fits to everything JB just said.

Nate and I were both fortunate to have this journey twice, and we were talking about things after we all retreated to our villas on Sunday. In talking about the concept of what we would possibly change in the journey we just completed, we could come up with absolutely nothing.

I told Nate (to which he agreed)..."This event was so perfect that if JB lost his mind and said that it was coming back next year and any forum member who wanted to could participate, I wouldn't do it again. There is no way it could live up to what just happened."

Post of the year from JB and there isn't a close 2nd.
I think you finally achieved what you set out to accomplish with this last MC and it's only fitting to let it fade away on top.

Sponsor Day couldn't have gone any better. You can't control weather, but I know that round would have been a lot of fun too. We all still had a blast. I don't think the rounds could have gone any better either; I saw a lot of smiles out there and just a lot of people having fun.

Amazing post my friend.

Having watched the evolution from the first to being a part of the last, there is nothing I would change or could dream of changing. It was meant to go out like this, proudly, with no regrets. This was the Morgan Cup of them all IMO. It is sad to see it go in a lot of ways, but to see just how far it came and the realization that it has laid the foundation to all that THP will continue to evolve and do can't help but make me smile.

The Morgan Effin' Cup.

I believe JB's post is called "nailing it". Couldnt have said it any better. It was a special event and something I will ALWAYS feel honor and privileged to have been a part of.

I will digress from my novellas long enough to say that in pure hindsight, I wish there would have been a way to contrive a match between Nate/John and Marc/Jimmy. I think the other 36 of us would have gladly ridden around and watch that display of awesome golf.

Donnie I would pay money to watch that match!!

I was going to put this in my eventual conclusion, but it fits to everything JB just said.

Nate and I were both fortunate to have this journey twice, and we were talking about things after we all retreated to our villas on Sunday. In talking about the concept of what we would possibly change in the journey we just completed, we could come up with absolutely nothing.

I told Nate (to which he agreed)..."This event was so perfect that if JB lost his mind and said that it was coming back next year and any forum member who wanted to could participate, I wouldn't do it again. There is no way it could live up to what just happened."

Remember it like it was yesterday Donne. We came into this with some of the same motivation and objectives that we wanted to accomplish beyond winning the Cup. I've told a few people and I will get more into it on my recap but we were on the same page throughout this process. It was nice to see both of us feeling accomplished and content at dinner Sunday night.

JB thank you for sharing all of that. It's awesome to see it from your view.

Awesome words JB and everyone for that matter. It's chilling to think how much this event has meant to so many

I sit here now telling myself I can do this...I can do this..... So here goes nothing..

I need to start off by thanking every single person within this family for reaching out to my wife and myself during the last few days. Last Friday was one of the hardest days of our married life. I never knew a human body was capable of going through so much emotion and I wouldn't have been able to make the drive home and survive the last few days without my faith and the family here. I went from the highest of highs to the lowest of lows during our lunch break on Friday. Your text, PM's and shout outs still made me feel like I was part of this and like I was one of your brothers. I guess I can be known as the poster child for what JB and the vets have said all along.... This event is not about the gear, it is about the brotherhood that you develop. I got gear and SWAG but I would give all of that away in heartbeat just to have one more minute with all of you, to be able to say hey to everyone involved and give/receive one more bro hug with my teammates. As the song says…. I could have missed all this pain, but I’d of had to miss The Dance. I wouldn’t want to miss this dance for anything.

Am I still a little bummed.... Who wouldn't be? I sent a PM to my teammates last Friday night and told them that I felt like the Olympic athlete that had trained so hard only to fall down in the preliminary rounds. I told them though that all I had one simple request and they completed that in flying colors... I told them I wanted them to give it all they had for me but most importantly; thank and love on their support staff as soon as this was over. I cannot wait to tee it up with my THP brothers in the near future and finish this journey in the best way possible

My wife was just as upset about leaving as I was on Friday because she was there every step of the way on this journey. It was hard for both of us to just switch off Morgan Cup and step into the cards we had been dealt. She was so patient and I owe a lot of my success in the journey leading up to this to her. Thanks Lib for being my Rock through all of this and I owe you so much.

I need to thank JB, GG and the rest of the THP staff for this event. This events means so much to us all but it also means something different to each of us. For me, when I was selected, I needed this so badly. I had two parents battling cancer, I was trying to overcome an injury that almost took the game away from me and the game just wasn’t fun anymore. I was able to use this event and my journey as a way to keep my parents upbeat and inspire them….. To do those God Awful BOSU lunges and Yoga to get my body in shape…. To dedicate myself back to lessons and figure out how to putt.. I would still probably be down about the game but this event changed my outlook over the last 8 months and I am forever grateful for that. THP just flat out gets it and you mean so much to all of us in our journey with this game.

I need to thank my wonderful sponsor TaylorMade for everything they did for me over the last 8 months. From my fitting at the Kingdom to opening up the catalog, I was so proud to be a representative for you all. Kenn will always be remembered for giving me the most memorable moment of Morgan Cup experience when he starts walking down from the parking lot at True Blue with a blow torch to help me with my driver. I reached out to Kenn Saturday and told him I still felt obligated to put some stuff on film for him and he told me to not worry about a thing and if there was anything I needed changed just to let him know. Kenn you are truly a class act and I am still here if you need anything from me to represent you all.

To all the volunteers, thanks for making this moment so special for all of us with the selflessness that you all showed to us. I tried to go around thank every single one of you and I apologize if I left off anyone.

Jake, thanks for stepping in and taking my place on such short notice. I can only imagine what it felt like to be given the task and you did a great job. Although I have never met you, you reached out to me and wanted to make sure to not overshadow things but to honor my family and you did one heck of a job. I owe you so much

ATL…. Thanks for being my brother from another mother and all of your text and your heartfelt post about me yesterday. We took this ride on together and I was so proud of the progress we made. I still have this fire inside since I didn’t get to play competitively so let me know when we can resume the Flog/ATL challenge. You are truly one of my best friends and I am so grateful for you being in my life.

To the rest of the GA contingency on here that I have gotten to play with and prep with, thanks for opening up your courses to me. Barry, Dawg Daddy, Ole Gray, Just Hacking, Luker, Toad, Josh and others…. You make the Peach State proud with your involvement on here.

To #Cookie/Tadashi/Fupresti and WardF. Thanks for keeping me on my toes and keep battling in my prep work. I knew that I had tough opponents in the first two rounds and you all made sure that I gave it my all up until the very end.

I will do shout outs to my Paradise brothers individually in a separate post but wanted to say thanks for letting me be a part of a journey with you all. We had so much fun and you all stepped up in a moment of crisis and didn’t say what if’s or doubt but showed the class you have showed all along. You made me and the rest of your supporters so proud and I am so blessed to call each of you my friends.

Congrats to Dot Com on the victory. I am proud of each of you for representing each of us as the Champions. Ward, we had a decent amount of time together through all of this and you did awesome as a captain… Your next box of Lucky Charms is on me.

I leave with the most important thank you of all. Thanks to everyone who showed support to the 40 participants on a day to day basis while we were on this journey. It was such an honor to fight for each of you and thanks so much for your support and encouragement when we were having struggles with our game or had doubts how this would all work out. You all are all rock stars and make this place so awesome to come to every day.

In closing, realize that each day is fragile and to give it all you have with whatever you are doing in life. My FIL and I weren’t extremely close in the beginning but over the last few months he would call and check to see how the practice was going and give advice to me. While we don’t get to pick when we leave this world, he was so honored that I had the chance participate in this and he told so many of his friends about it. He didn’t have a computer but I think he was watching the coverage live this weekend and was so proud of the brotherhood and legacy we created.

It isn’t about winning or losing but the true measure of a man is how they play the game.

Last edited:
I may have missed, and I apologize if I did...

Cleveland/Srixon guys, are you guys allowed to game your new stuff now that you are back home? Or do you have to put it away until it's released/announced/leaked?

You're a heck of a gentleman Kyle. Just class through and through.

Dangit Kyle, I was doing good to not break down at these recaps, but you just did it. You are an incredible class act, and I'm so sorry that you had to go through what you did this weekend after so much buildup. You are a true champion, and I'm not talking about golf. We didn't ever get a chance to talk during this journey, but Seth spoke incredibly highly of you, and for a lawyer he seems to be a good judge of character. I look forward to someday see the game that can take down @Clive75 in person. Until then, please take care and keep being awesome.

I may have missed, and I apologize if I did...

Cleveland/Srixon guys, are you guys allowed to game your new stuff now that you are back home? Or do you have to put it away until it's released/announced/leaked?

yes we can game it.

Well I have been thinking about doing a Recap of the #THPMC ever since I left the True Blue Club house. I defiantly did not want to leave there, because what we did this past weekend was amazing and I know I will never forget about it.
I really can’t believe what Morgan and JB did for us. All this hard work and months and months of prepping for 40 THPer’s and to do that with 5 Golf Companies is CRAZY!! I know ever since I met JB and Morgan in Florida at Love is in the Air I knew what they do is special and one of a Kind. You both are amazing and all I can say is Thank You Thank You Thank You!!!! (Hopefully you won’t get the Coersritis Virus from this JB LOL)
The Volunteers, Holy Cow you all are amazing and we all are very thankful for everything you did. You really did make us feel like Pro’s that day. Tons of pictures, videos, carrying extra balls to the range, getting us water on the course. Wow these guys are the real freaking pro’s, and none of this would have been accomplished without you.
My Sponsors. Man I got lucky enough to have been chosen by Cleveland/Srixon/BobbyJones. It was a blast being part of them especially with the whole #JourneyToBetter going on. We had to make a video about our #JourneyToBetter and during that time, we really did get to see where we were at and what we were going to do to get there. Such a great experience, and really special was being told that we were going to be getting some Srixon Clubs that won’t even be released till later this year. That’s just nuts!!!! Just think me, 7 other THPer’s and some PGA Tour guys have seen and played with them. I am still just in disbelief about that. Then onto the Apparel, which we got selected to wear the best looking apparel in my book the Bobby Jones Apparel. You look professional on the course and off the course with their apparel. They have some quality polo’s and everything else that I would defiantly recommend for everyone to look into. Bobby Jones came out supporting us and I was dang proud to wear there Apparel. So I want to give a HUGE HUGE Thanks to CLEVALAND GOLF, SRIXON GOLF, AND BOBBY JONES!!!! THANK YOU!!!
Team Albatros: Wow where to start with them….Well I know I grew up with 2 other brothers and after becoming part of this team I found 7 more brothers. Every single one of you is brilliant, smart, and defiantly Bad @$$ golfers. Now as some of you know I am no scratch golfer so this whole Journey I was always talking about my ups and downs. Always seemed like my game was always down because, the way they were playing and scores they were posting I just felt terrible about my game. But with long FB Chats, Texts, Phone Calls with everyone I learned that I can get better and I need to have Optimism in myself. I think it really hit me in Nashville when I was playing my round with Dan and I think every shot was crap so I would get pissed about it. Well Dan told me to quit that crap and just be positive, the more negative you are the more negative effects, and shots you will have. So from then on I became OPTICOERS!!! Yes I still had bad shots in my game but after one first thing I thought was how I was going to get up and down for a par. But anyways I can go on and on about the whole team because they are all amazing.
Dan (Canadan)- What can I say man, you are a born leader/amazing golfer that can amazing shots. Ill never forget when I was in Indy and you were on the range hitting a driver next to the launch monitor and had 10 guys behind just watching in aww of your shots. First thing I thought was man that’s my freaking Captain there and I am so proud to be led by him. Ever since that first phone call I had with you Dan you did believe in me and told me I can get better and I will get better. Well my man you were correct and you mostly always are correct. So thank you Dan because you led a hell of team together and man did we give some hell on the courses down at True Blue and Caledonia.
Brad (dcbrad)- You sir are just amazing, and I can’t thank you enough for everything you helped me with. I know when I couldn’t get a hold of Dan or my Teammate AndyV, you were there to talk with me about my game and what improvements I can make to get better. You defiantly kept my head high so I could keep going and just grind away. It was a pleasure to be on this team with you and I wish you the best especially with that beautiful new born daughter of yours.
Andy V (Parshooter)- My teammate/my partner/my fellow Illinoisan. Ever since I heard that Dan and Brad were going to put you and me together for the matches I was pumped. We both knew each other’s game and defiantly knew what to bring to #THPMC. Ever since I met you down in Auburn at the Golf Course on the early cold @$$ I knew we were going to be great together. You are just chilled back and just enjoy this freaking game they call Golf. I was always jealous when I would be playing a round of golf with you because holy cow man, you can find every fairway with that driver. Yeah it might not be 300 yards but hey it’s straight in the freaking fairway. I am really pumped about you because you have played some of the best golf of your life this year. I mean common shooting in the 70’s is just ridiculous man!!! But anyways keep playing that awesome game of yours and let me know when you want to drive a hour and half to meet up for some fun golf. Maybe I can drive the cart so you can experience some more of that top speed sharp turns LOLOLOL
Andy M (AMART)- Andy you are one great guy and one fabulous golfer. I was so pumped that you and Dan lived so close to each other so you could get your game top notch. Well you sir have gotten your game at top notch and it defiantly showed down #THPMC. It was awesome to walk up to you on the back of the 13[SUP]th[/SUP] hole while we were waiting for Dan and telling you I won my match and hearing you did to. We played some great golf today and I know we were both proud to see Dan win his match against JMAN and tell him the good news. But hey man you keep up that awesome game of yours and keep an eye on that Danimal!!!!
Jimmy (Six4Three5)- Dude you are an amazing golfer and I was so pumped to have first met you in Nashville at Love is in the Air event. You are so dedicating to being better that you practice your butt off and it has shown my man. It was always a great time to chat with you on the whole Journey because I know you helped me stay positive and gave me some great tips on how to get better. Also man Congrats on the Engagement of your amazing Fiancé Amanda. She is one sweet lady and you are going to have a great wife by your side. So congrats Jimmy, and keep being that great golfer/person you are!!!!
Marc (TroutBum/Wicked Cool Homeless Man) - Marc you are one funny dude that I think everyone would love to play a round of golf with you. It was always a great pleasure to chat with you on this journey and get the feeling that you really cared about me and my game. I will never forget telling you on Sunday that I won my match and how freaking proud you were for me. Wow man I just love you for that it meant the world to me that your were that proud. I know my game has come a long way but you were always telling me it would get together and I would start playing better. And holy cow man, you and your sponsor just clicked. I think you and that hat backwards just showed everyone how you felt and the kind of person you are. Just turn it around and have a great time. You are always ready to have a good time and I would never miss an opportunity to do something with you. And hey my mother in law wanted me to tell you Hi again ;) lolol
Kang Choe(Kc720)- Ever since we have been teammates you were always looking to help our golf game improve. And one of the first things you did was send me your new Cleveland Smart Square Putter. I mean who sends someone a new club and tells them to use it and get better???? Kang does, and I think everyone knows Santa Kang…. But anyways man, it was so awesome to meet you for the first time in Indy, and then you were a miracle and help me with my swing (Driver) and gave me the gift of Kang Distance. Holy cow man that day I hit the longest drives of my life. I mean 280 yards because of you dude. Kang you are just one amazing guy that I know I can always get a hold of to help me in any way. So Kang thank you for everything!!!!

Tuesday/Wednesday/Thursday/Friday: Well Tuesday started out with me going to work unfortunately, but before you know it I ended up taking a half day so I could make the trek down Myrtle Beach. So after work I went home got my luggage bag and golf bag and headed to my mother in laws house. Now my wife Jennifer recently just got a new job with a Dental Company so she didn’t have Vacation time till after 90 days of work. That just broke my heart, because everything I have been through on this journey she was there by my side and would always asked how I did during my round, practice, and lessons. She would always support me on my down times and tell me it would get better and to keep at it. I always felt bad sometimes being at the range or course playing or practicing and she being home. But I talked with her about that and she knew how much the #THPMC meant to me and told me to do everything I could to be the best. That really meant a lot to me and I freaking Love her for that. So Jenn ended up staying home and my Mother in Law Beth went down to #THPMC with me. Beth came along because she had a friend that lives on Hilton Head Island, so she came up to spend the whole weekend with her. It was great to meet her friend because now I have an invitation/place to stay if I ever want to go down there. But anyways we drove from 1 pm to 1 am and stopped in Rocky Top USA(Tennessee) for the night. Woke up bright and early Wednesday morning and continued on the road. I was itching so bad to be there because I had a afternoon round. Well we ended up getting there around noon and checked in. While I was checking in I happened to have the pleasure of finally meeting my Assistant Captain Brad. So after all the talking and checking in we headed to the villa. Wow I gotta say those villa’s were pretty nice. My wife was uncertain about them but I knew they had to be nice because Freddie hooked us up. After unpacking it was time to head to the True Blue Golf Course to go play a practice round.
So the first Practice round I was lucky enough to play with one of my great friends NebGolfer(Ryan Whitman), J4U (Doug) and Mpeterson(Matt). I was great to finally meet all of you for the first time. First thing was, I couldn’t believe what kind of power J4U had with that Swing, HOLY COW he can bomb them. But anyways we played the round or should I say we practice our round so we could really understand and know the course. Im not going to lie I was a little upset about my game and I wasn’t hitting it well, but I figured it was the first day nerves. But after my round with them we ended up going to the Local Mexican restaurant with everyone. Holy cow most of everyone was there including some of the Reps. I had a blast meeting new faces and having the honor of sitting next to BIG TIME (Nate). He is one cool dude and I really got to know him in Nashville. But we all just chatted the night away there. And me with 5 others ended up getting screwed and didn’t even get our freaking food. I was so ready for a decent meal because I have been eating fast food meals for the like last two days. But me and Mpeterson said screw it and ended up going to KFC and getting some food. So got our food and headed back to the villas for the night.
The next day Thursday was our Team Albatross round over at Caledonia. Holy Cow if you have never been there before you need to get your Golf Butt over there. Wow it’s a great course by looks and by playing it. So I showed up and met all my teammates. Finally had the pleasure to meet Marc (Wicked Cool Homeless Dude) and man was he fired up. I think he said he was up at like 4 am and had all the caffeine a person can handle till there heart blew up LOL…. Ended up playing my round with Kang, Andy M, and Brad which ended up being a fun round. So fun I ended up enjoying the sand there and holed out from the bunker on #17. After having a good lesson with Bhilln back home in the sand, I am not afraid of it and make it fun. So that was our morning round and we ended up getting lunch that day at Caledonia. And I believe after that just ended up coming back to the villa and chilling. Then that night hang out over at the Albatross Villa talking game and all that fun stuff before heading to go get pizza. Forgot the name of that Pizza place but man was it delicious. We had dinner with I believe was the whole Champion Team #DOTCOM which was nice to chat with them all. Later on the Reps showed up and we mingled with them.
Friday, wow this was maybe one of the greatest days of my life. We all felt like kids on Christmas waiting for what was going to be some awesome gifts. So at I ended up getting the club house early and had breakfast with Kang, AndyV and some others. And after breakfast it was finally the time to see what we were waiting for. MikeG showed up and got on a chair and asked if we were ready for this. Man did we all roar that we were!!!!! Well he said lets go then… Finally the walk of a Morgan Cupper to go to his bag of glorious clubs and just be amazed at what we had. Especially for us Cleveland/Srixon staffers because we had clubs that were not even release yet and our Rep hasn’t even seen in person till that day. We all were so happy and everyone was smiling ear to ear. I have never been in something like that probably only similar was when I got home from Afghanistan and everyone was so freaking Happy. But us Clv/SRx guys met with the Bobby Jones guy and did some video and talked about how sweet our apparel was. And we weren’t doing it to just blow smoke up his nose, these were some amazing apparel we got. So after all that we got our clubs out and were trying them out. Man I have never owned a brand new club set but wow I was in heaven out on the range. Also got in the bunker with the new wedges and they were great, minus the one that almost took Cookie’s head off---Sorry bud.. But we did the range time and got lucky enough on that hot day to get some cold brews from out Clv/Srx Rep Keith. Man that was some delicious Coors Light. Keith was a great guy and just was down to earth and told you his real thoughts on everything. So after the range time it was lunch time. Ate lunch and then it was back to the carts to head to the range. Jumped in the cart with Ward F and headed to the 10[SUP]th[/SUP] tee. I was bumped to play some golf. Well we rolled up and what do you know, It freaking started to down pour L. Then it rained more and more, then the lightning came and we were asked to leave. I was bummed about that, because I really wanted to get out there with my fellow staffers and rep and see what everyone thought about them. But owell… So after that just headed to the villa and chilled till dinner that night. Showed up to dinner that night with Beth and sat with some of my team and the reps. Man those reps were just hilarious, especially Chad giving Bridgestone Josh a hard time on not knowing much about Twitter. But anyways JB announce the matches for Sunday and I got lucky enough to be paired up against DevRickus. A good friend of mine that I chatted with multiple times up to the #THPMC. He knew all about my game and really supported me which is awesome. I knew it was going to a fun match. But after that JB had to call a new name because Flog had to leave due to death in the family. That just really stink and we were all thinking of him and how much this meant for him. So for the replacement JB picked Jake (Puttin4Bird) and holy cow the place went nuts.. Not going to lie I had no idea what was going on and why everyone went crazy for him. I knew he was a THP veteran but didn’t know all his background. So after hearing about that I really understood what he meant when he told us how lucky he felt to be part of the #THPMC. I was lucky enough that I got put in his group for the Sunday matches. So after all the cheers, hugs, high fives and discusses about Sundays matches it was bed time. Had to get a good rest in for our First Match on Saturday. Me, Andy V vs. Donne Willingham, Paladin. I will post my recap on matches later. But I Thought this was a good start LOL… Sorry for making it so long.

Kyle, damn, what an amazing post...I'm a mess right now, I'm still devastated for you and your family. You are an amazing person and I will be forever honored to call you my teammate and friend.

Great write up Josh, it was great to watch the changes happen from afar and I can totally see how this MC was the best ever. As a past participant I know the excitement each of the newcomers was feeling all year leading up and even during. I was sad to see the MC go, but was so happy it got sent off the right way.

To all 40 participants this year, thank you for making it awesome for the rest of us following along, that leads me to my next thanks, yeah, I know, surprise, surprise, I'm thanking someone!!!

But the volunteers killed it, I was popping in all weekend to try and get a glimpse of the event, but everyone did such an amazing job with updates it truly felt like I was right there with you all.

Finally, to Josh and Morgan, I know you both put it so much time and effort not just for this event but overall, but especially this event, and Thank You. It's events like these that make THP a truly special place. And people like you that have made it my home away from home for so many years. I'm truly honored to be part of the THP family and the MC legacy. I'm so happy to have so many great friends and THP brothers and sisters right here with me all the time. You guys make this place tick, thanks you.

Back