Dustin Johnson Taking Leave From Golf

Hope DJ gets things figured out. I've always read stuff, but I hope it doesn't cause him to miss out on the talent that he has. I always like watching him play golf.

Hope he gets his issues sorted out. He's kind of a big deal for Taylormade. One can only wonder if the woman drove him to it...

I don't think those cases are anywhere similar for the most part. Yet.

How would anyone know since it wasn't listed the reason specifically why he left?

Hope he gets his issues sorted out. He's kind of a big deal for Taylormade. One can only wonder if the woman drove him to it...

Drove him to what?

Unless I am missing something I haven't seen anything posted of him abusing drugs, etc. We spent some time with him one time a couple years ago doesn't really say much, unless he offered JB and GG a couple lines or a hit off the pipe lol.

How would anyone know since it wasn't listed the reason specifically why he left?

Drove him to what?

Unless I am missing something I haven't seen anything posted of him abusing drugs, etc. We spent some time with him one time a couple years ago doesn't really say much, unless he offered JB and GG a couple lines or a hit off the pipe lol.

Drove him to hit golf balls terribly...this is too easy

Is Butch Harmon still DJs swing coach? From an attorney friend of mine, DJs candy is readily available in Vegas, so maybe DJ shouldn't goto Vegas anymore. Since we are all assuming why he's taking a break, I just hope that he gets better, comes back stronger, and maybe does his best to stay away from temptation. I hope PG isn't the temptation.

After writing that, I realized that everything I said was based solely on speculation. Someone should hire me for some evening news shows on the major networks.

~Rock

It was rumored before that when he missed a few months in 2012 for a back injury he was actual in rehab and suspended from the tour for violating their drug policy

I'm assuming nothing has in the past appeared in media about his rumored drug use is fear of libel suites.

I don't know DJ at all, but I was staying at a posh hotel in Scottsdale a couple years back for work, and she was at a bar i was at and it was pointed out to me that she was Gretzky's daughter, and then the stories started coming out from some of the local's. If even 10% of it was true...

I remember when i suggested dj used drugs and someone flipped out on me.

Whatever it may be....I say good for him.... It takes a lot of courage and strength to step away and deal with whatever issues in your life that may not be the easiest things to deal with. Hopefully he's got a strong team backing him because that'll help in terms of success.

Trying to remember who it was but they got really mad. This was like two years ago.

Thank goodness THP has changed so much since that time.

Insert Rick James from Chapelle Show gif here.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Good for DJ seeking help. Hope he gets the help he needs and comes back healthy.

I absolutely hate to hear the rumours of it being drug related. I like to watch DJ play golf a ton. Hoping he finds the right solutions and gets back in a hurry.

DJ was and still is one of my favorites, regardless of his issues, I hope he makes a helluva come back.

So there are over 90 posts in this thread, with a lot of them being speculation based on hearsay and/or being around a guy 1 or 2 times. It's ridiculous IMO, who really cares what he's getting help for? In the end, I hope that he gets the help that he needs and improves as a person, golf is secondary in a situation like this. Who knows, his issue could be something that is completely different from what people are rumoring in here. I just wish the rumor-mongering would stop, but I guess that's the TMZ world that we live in nowadays.

What else are people going to do? Its been the nature of the beast not only in this "TMZ world" but forever, its human nature.

Plus, its a forum, we talk about things and people share their thoughts.

And FWIW, there have been whispers about him and his...habits...for YEARS now.

What else are people going to do? Its been the nature of the beast not only in this "TMZ world" but forever, its human nature.

Plus, its a forum, we talk about things and people share their thoughts.

And FWIW, there have been whispers about him and his...habits...for YEARS now.

Yup and I remember reading stuff about his partying even pre-paulina

Feelings seem to get hurt awfully easy sometimes.

He's a celebrity and while I could care less if he's a drug addict or perhaps agoraphobic people are going to talk about it.

Will I lose sleep over it tonight? Nope

Will I talk about it at work? Yep sure will.

Whatever DJ is going through, I hope he finds the strength to overcome it.

I hate to read all the speculation about drug abuse, it's a tough subject. Addiction does not discriminate against anyone, it doesn't care what your race is, what your religious values are, wether you're wealthy or poor, It only cares about taking your soul and destroying lives. I hope one day at a time he finds the right path for him and if this speculation is true, I hope and pray he finds reprieve from a terrible disease that destroys lives!

if the speculations here are true - I hope he works through it for his own personal health and life. Wonder how this will impact his sponsorship deals?

Back