What Comes First? Rory vs Tiger

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Rory wins the Masters to complete the Grand Slam or Tiger Woods wins his 15th major?

I'll take Rors. I just don't see Tiger doing it, I know that makes some mad but I just don't.

I think this is a complete crap shoot personally. We've seen Rory blow up and perform well below expectations and I can't believe all of the hype over Tiger considering he just started playing again after surgery. I don't know why I'm surprised, but I am. TGC is practically turned into the Tiger channel again ever since he announced he was playing again. So, based on that and saying a whole lot of nothing, I think it could go either way, but I think I'd throw my money on Rory before Tiger personally.

I'll also take Rory. I think Tiger has the potential of winning that major, but Rory's youth and lack of major injury play a part in this for sure. Wins are going to be more difficult for Tiger to earn now.

Masters sets up prefect for both of them so i could see either happening.

Lame answer i know.

If forced to bet I'd go with Tiger just because he gets 4x as many chances each year to get the W.

Money on Rors. Hard to argue against him at this point

I'll go with Rory. He seems a bit more focused now.

I'd have to say it's a toss up, especially if Tiger is healthy. Just depends on the week that Rory is having, if he goes on his hot streak he could run away with it. Then again, we've seen what Tiger can do at Augusta as well, so heck I have no clue.

Tiger Woods most defiantly !!!

Masters sets up prefect for both of them so i could see either happening.

Lame answer i know.

Perfect for both of them? Really? One drives it long and straight while the other misses both ways and is way shorter. Mmmm hmmmm..........

Perfect for both of them? Really? One drives it long and straight while the other misses both ways and is way shorter. Mmmm hmmmm..........

I know you have this strong dislike for Tiger, but you cant possibly believe that Augusta does not set up well for him.

Tiger. Rory is streaky at best. Will he be "on" at The Masters, timing will have to be just right. Rory will likely win another major before Tiger but there is only a 1 in 4 chance that its at Augusta

I know you have this strong dislike for Tiger, but you cant possibly believe that Augusta does not set up well for him.
I'm not being argumentative here but I recall reading somewhere - maybe the Haney book - that post course changes it doesn't set up well for him because several holes were lengthened to bring certain trouble into play and change the shape of shots required (more draws, I think, which is not in his happy zone).

Until Tiger shows he's a serious threat at another major, it's gotta be Rory. I'm not talking top 5 for Tiger either. Lead on Sunday or something of that sort. I personally think Tiger over thinks everything and will never get the 15th major but that's just an opinion.

Until Tiger shows he's a serious threat at another major, it's gotta be Rory. I'm not talking top 5 for Tiger either. Lead on Sunday or something of that sort. I personally think Tiger over thinks everything and will never get the 15th major but that's just an opinion.

Exactly. It's very much a "what have you done for me lately" feeling for me, and Rors has. Tiger hasn't.

I'll take Rory next year. He clearly can play well there.

A dislike for him?, shows how well you know me mate. I'm a fan and have been since the 90's, I just happen to be a realist that sees things the way they are. TW doesn't have the killer instinct anymore and his swing is so far from what it was that the chances he wins another major with it are slim at best. Sure he won 5 times last year but when last did he win a major? Nuff said.

I'm gonna say Rory at the Masters. I want to see Tiger win soo bad but think Rory has the edge if he keeps playing so well.

I'm gonna say Rory at the Masters. I want to see Tiger win soo bad but think Rory has the edge if he keeps playing so well.

I would love to see Rory take the green jacket. Especially with how he choked it away a few years back

Had a dream today during my nap Rory wins the PGA and there is a lot of buzz at the Masters next year about another Tiger slam possibility.

So Rory!

I'm going to go with Tiger. Giving Tiger 4 opportunities to Rory's 1 I'll take Tiger.

Rory IMO and it's not even close. I've been saying it for awhile now and I really hope I'm wrong, but I just really don't see Tiger winning another major. The amount of coverage and pressure that will be put on him, not including the pressure he'll put on himself if he's ever in contention of a major will be absolutely astronomical.

Probably Rory. That's my choice of the two options.

My gut says that Rory starts pressing in April and never completes the grand slam.

I'm not being argumentative here but I recall reading somewhere - maybe the Haney book - that post course changes it doesn't set up well for him because several holes were lengthened to bring certain trouble into play and change the shape of shots required (more draws, I think, which is not in his happy zone).
I read the same thing. With course changes over time he hasn't won I believe. He was in the hunt last year though. I don't know if he will win another Masters.

Back