Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter Preview

Ok .. what is the difference between these 2 clubs? The Cleveland HB 10 looks to be the exact same putter, but just a different name on it.
What the?

$_3.JPG

Cleveland-Classic-Collection-HB-10_640.jpg

Both have the same milled face and hozel .. and I love my Cleve VP5 .. soooo, hmm .. I liiiike this Cleveland and it's price ... :)

The milling is not even remotely the same, but I agree the shape is similar

Shape is definitely similar but the milled face is completely different. Also, the Odyssey has adjustable weights and the Cleveland does not.

metalx-milled-330-m2.jpg

CLEVE_CLASSIC_HB10_WOMENS-2.jpg

Shape is definitely similar but the milled face is completely different. Also, the Odyssey has adjustable weights and the Cleveland does not.

metalx-milled-330-m2.jpg

CLEVE_CLASSIC_HB10_WOMENS-2.jpg

And the most important thing. It's an Odyssey.

And the most important thing. It's an Odyssey.
LOL! And for an extra 150 dollars, you can keep the weights .. sorry, I couldn't resist.
I'm gonna have to give this lil puppy a try .. they don't make it in a "gun-metal" tho .. not that I've come across yet anyhow.
And thanks for chiming in you guys .. TH and jlukes .. thank you!

LOL! And for an extra 150 dollars, you can keep the weights .. sorry, I couldn't resist.
I'm gonna have to give this lil puppy a try .. they don't make it in a "gun-metal" tho .. not that I've come across yet anyhow.
And thanks for chiming in you guys .. TH and jlukes .. thank you!

FWIW, they are completely different in terms of manufacturing.
Preference will play a roll of course, but different metal, one uses a chemical milling process, one is both milled and forged and the other is cast with and "skim" milled.

Similar to why at release of that Cleveland putter, the parent company also released the Never Compromise putter that was a similar shape and also $299.

While some may not notice a difference, others will not only notice one, but have a preference one way or another.

FWIW, they are completely different in terms of manufacturing.
Preference will play a roll of course, but different metal, one uses a chemical milling process, one is both milled and forged and the other is cast with and "skim" milled.

Similar to why at release of that Cleveland putter, the parent company also released the Never Compromise putter that was a similar shape and also $299.

While some may not notice a difference, others will not only notice one, but have a preference one way or another.
yes! I had assumed that the Odyssey was better built with better materials, justifies the price .. and perhaps in terms of "preference" as you say ..
I call it "feel"? I dunno .. I like Clevelands putters ... I had a Cleve blade a long time ago and loved it .. then went to the Callaway two ball,
It got stolen, then I found a nice Cleve VP5 similar to the 2 ball .. been a solid, nice feel putter for awhile now ..
I just love the smaller head, and the double alignment aids .. pretty to look at also! :)
I'm pretty sure you could blind-fold me and hand me both the Cleve and the Odyssey, and I couldn't tell you which one I was putting with.

I think I see this Cleve putter in my bag real soon lol!

I like Cleveland putters too. For the money, very solid.
I will say this line of MXM from Odyssey are incredibly nice as well.

I found the Odyssey milled putters to be much softer and muted than the louder/clickier Cleveland milled putters (which are good deal for the rice, i bought one for my father for his birthday.)

But for my personal preference the Odyssey sounds and feels much superior.

Wrong thread???

What everyone feels and hears turns into their preference....period. Some say an audible click is a sign of hardness, others say it gives great feedback. No one is the same. Sell the the Cleveland putters very regularly, and sold a few of the MXM during the first month also...both players were mid cappers and not great putters...but they both liked the 'feel'....to each their own. I have a Versa and MXM #6 and I find they both 'feel' great to me, but are very different both overall feel and overall sound...but I really putt well with both and like the sound of each...go figure.

Really looking at buying the #1 for cheap. I've rolled it here and there since its release. But are there any doubters here/any regrets with this line?

Really looking at buying the #1 for cheap. I've rolled it here and there since its release. But are there any doubters here/any regrets with this line?

I know a guy....

I got rid of my Futura X a few weeks ago and got the MXM #7 and love it. Super solid yet soft feel at impact and it puts an awesome roll on the ball. Great putter!

Just ordered a #9 HT MXM Can't wait to get it and roll some balls.

Have the MXM 9ht and 330, MXMV #1.

The MXMV has easily been the best putter for me this year but I really love these putters.

I wish my #9 or 330 had a sight line/dot on it though.

Have the MXM 9ht and 330, MXMV #1.

The MXMV has easily been the best putter for me this year but I really love these putters.

I wish my #9 or 330 had a sight line/dot on it though.

xThor, do the 330 weights fit in the #9 okay?

That bag looks sharp.

The more I play my mxm #6,the more I start to think it's gonna be my gamer for a long time to come. Puts such a good roll on the ball.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S5

Would love to roll a 7 but they are so pricey.

Just to chime in here. I practice putting a lot, and feel comfortable on the green when I play. Current putter is white hot #1 with some lead tape, and have told my playing partners I'll probably never change it. Whenever I go to golf shops I try out different putters, odysseys, ping, scotty, etc. and didn't find one that felt better than my putter..... Till I tried the mxm #1 and versa #1, both are just money(literally). Not saying anytime soon, but it's the only putter I can see taking my white hots place some day.

Just to chime in here. I practice putting a lot, and feel comfortable on the green when I play. Current putter is white hot #1 with some lead tape, and have told my playing partners I'll probably never change it. Whenever I go to golf shops I try out different putters, odysseys, ping, scotty, etc. and didn't find one that felt better than my putter..... Till I tried the mxm #1 and versa #1, both are just money(literally). Not saying anytime soon, but it's the only putter I can see taking my white hots place some day.

Makes a ton of sense to me. The Versa has the WHP insert (IIRC) and the MXM milling is so rich in feel, it almost feels and sounds like an insert. Nothing wrong with purchasing and tinkering, but there's something to be said about what you know and love and I can dig that.

Back