The Gauntlet w/ THP & Callaway Golf - Do You Dare Run The Gauntlet?

Great stuff, Andrew! Keep working on that short game. That is one of the quickest ways to get better. Playing difficult greens really helps too. My home course has crazy greens and it has really helped my putting. Especially lag putting. Looking forward to teeing it up with you in Hilton Head!

I too am really looking forward to teeing it up with everyone in Hilton Head! The excitement builds for me daily, especially after following along with the Morgan Cup. Can't wait!

JB..any chance you can tell us which course will be used for what i assume will be "Sunday Singles" trying to decide which course I want to play for a practice round and it would probably be the one for that part of the event.. :thankyou:

JB..any chance you can tell us which course will be used for what i assume will be "Sunday Singles" trying to decide which course I want to play for a practice round and it would probably be the one for that part of the event.. :thankyou:

You should know to never assume anything when it comes to a THP event. I can tell you that from first hand knowledge. :)

Pardon my not knowing, but had there been an announcement of formats for The Gauntlet yet?

Pardon my not knowing, but had there been an announcement of formats for The Gauntlet yet?

No. All quiet on the western front

All that we know is the general schedule for the event. Specifics, not so much. But THP HQ has been busy, so it's understandable

You played exceptionally well over the weekend Donne. If you get anything tightened up in that swing, you're going to be playing some excellent golf going into that event.

I've been hitting the range as often as possible, typically 3 times a week, playing each weekend on top of working on my swing and putting in my garage each night. Had a really good range session today and feeling better each day about how things are going. Really excited for this but just want to focus on getting myself as ready as possible for now.

Spent 2.5 hours at the range tonight working on my wedges and short range pitch shots, chipping from different lies on the practice green, and hitting my driver and 3W. I'm not where I want to be with my wedge game right now. Had to adjust my set up as I was catching a lot of balls on the inside of the face near the hosel, resulting in a few occasional shanks. Got that worked out but I'm also hitting a little behind the ball. More focus on the wedges during every session going forward, though. Chipping was good. Had several hole-outs from different lies but I'm still not satisfied. Goal is to get everything inside 2 ft. Finally, I hit probably 75 balls with my driver and 3 wood. Driver is still not where I need it to be but it's coming around more and more everyday. The 3 Wood, however, is just freaking amazing. 240-250 yds and dead straight every single time. Until I get the driver kinks worked completely out the 3 wood is going to be my go-to club off the tee.

72 holes coming up over the next 4 days so I'll have plenty of time on the course to work on my game. Team Finley doing work!!!

Nice work teammate! 3W off the tee is money.

Going to get in a little match play practice with cpljohnst on Saturday at Stone Mountain. There is usually some decent wind around the holes on the lake.

Looking forward to following this event guys! Love that you guys are putting in the hard work--make sure to stop and embrace the experience, teammates, and friends you make along the way!

Sounds freakin awesome!
Going to get in a little match play practice with cpljohnst on Saturday at Stone Mountain. There is usually some decent wind around the holes on the lake.

Thats great OH.

thunder & lightning kept me from today's planned practice session :angry:

Hoping to make it to the range tomorrow at lunch and spend an entire session on the driver. I feel like I end up setting up to the ball differently every tim I tee it up, so I'm going to take some alignment sticks and some foot powder to see where I am actually hitting the ball.

Nice shooting Cace. No extended MC hangover for me this year. I was back out on the course today, and given that I still have some sore muscles from the past week, I really was not disappointed. Just a scramble format, so no scores to report, but some solid golf shots none the less.

Just got back from playing 18 this afternoon. Shot a personal best 88 (46/42). Could have been much better, though - had one 3-putt and 4 stupid penalty strokes. I've got another round tomorrow so hopefully the momentum from today carries over.
Great round bro!!

Jhstew1, come on down to the Pines! Its only 99% humidity and bugs out here lol.

Range session over!

udypy4e9.jpg

I started incorporating the "Haney 100 swings a day" into my orange whip sessions. Trying to kill 2 birds and be efficient. I started running again as well to hopefully lose some weight and gain some energy and endurance for the weekend.

The THP motivation strikes again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sustained a rib injury 5 weeks ago so it's been mainly short game with focus on chipping. I have a driver session with my instructor this weekend and a putting one to follow just to dial in. The ribs felt better last week so I played 3 rounds at different courses which has helped me in my course management. I'll get 8-10 rounds of at least 9 holes in before the event.

Is the first sign of the "I've been recovering from an injury" excuse?

The rain this week has finally broken so I got out to the range to hit some balls and hit the short game hard. Took about 50 swings with the 8 iron then did a solid hour of work on chips and short pitches. Was expecting to do some more work but one of the assistant pros invited me out for a few holes. He has a very biomechanical teaching perspective so I enjoy learning from him. He pointed out a few things that I can work on further with my swing and I can't wait to get back out to work some more.

More range time and more work on chipping and putting today. There's so much about my game I feel so good about right now. Just trying to get the couple of things giving me fits sorted. Have reached out to the pro I've been seeing, hoping to get with him a couple more times before Sept. All the Morgan Cup recap stuff has me worked up a bit about this. Really looking forward to getting out there. This event is going to be something special, and I am honored to be a part of it.

Hoping to make it to the range tomorrow at lunch and spend an entire session on the driver. I feel like I end up setting up to the ball differently every tim I tee it up, so I'm going to take some alignment sticks and some foot powder to see where I am actually hitting the ball.
Having a consistent and repeatable set up, especially with driver, will help a lot. My instructor got me into a preshot routine a couple years ago and it has helped my alignment, set up and stance tremendously. Working on that stuff on the range helps as much as actually hitting balls.

Having a consistent and repeatable set up, especially with driver, will help a lot. My instructor got me into a preshot routine a couple years ago and it has helped my alignment, set up and stance tremendously. Working on that stuff on the range helps as much as actually hitting balls.

That's what I figure. I am pretty consistent with my iron set up, but for some reason with the driver I feel like I tinker each time I step up to the ball. I'll fiddle with my grip, adjust my feet, take a couple practice swings, then go. Definitely not consistent. I'm sure it has to do with my confidence in the club more than anything.

Back