New Technology From Mizuno

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This little thing was dropped off at THP HQ by Mizuno yesterday. Heavy for its size is an understatement.

ehehaja5.jpg

What the heck is it?

No idea what this is....hmmmm

Wonder if it has to do with forward/back CoG adjustability

Grain flow forged Boron?

• Admin
I think and I could be wrong boron is super hard. The only thing I can think of them using it for is weighting anything else and I am at a loss. Will be interesting to see what they are doing with it.

Is that second word Boron? Boron the element is used to make ultra lightweight yet structural strong components. Did I just get embargoed?

A small solid block of metal.

Actually I believe that would be a cylinder as opposed to a block wouldn't it? lol

New metal to forge irons out of perhaps?

I'm hanging on for more.news on this one. This could be interesring.

Has to go down as one of the more "interesting" items you have received.

Looking forward to hearing more about this

I wonder if they're using this in the way that Titleist/Ping use Tungsten? If it's extremely heavy for its size, it would be a good choice for placing weight where you want to without having to bulk up or put a big pocket somewhere.

I don't think Boron would be used as a weighting material. Chem 1000 is a long way behind me, but I think Boron can produce some REALLY hard alloys (iron faces?) or produce a tough, hard black finish (found a set of Miuras online done with a "boron" finish - snazzy).

I think a black finish that doesn't wear off easily would be spectacular, but who knows?

This little thing was dropped off at THP HQ by Mizuno yesterday. Heavy for its size is an understatement.

Hand-delivered or by the postal service? I wonder what the shipping fees would have been to send that via the postal service if it is as heavy as you say???

Definitely curious to know what it relates to? Will be watching to find out

Actually I believe that would be a cylinder as opposed to a block wouldn't it? lol

New metal to forge irons out of perhaps?

I would use the term slug.

Interesting. For whatever reason, Mizuno has been on my radar the past few months. And never before. Looking forward to hearing about this. Whatever it is.

Should have sent some info. On a side note I like the new watermark.

Should have sent some info. On a side note I like the new watermark.

Very true. As for the watermark, its just a new one that I am using when I shoot with the cell phone.

I wonder if they're using this in the way that Titleist/Ping use Tungsten? If it's extremely heavy for its size, it would be a good choice for placing weight where you want to without having to bulk up or put a big pocket somewhere.

It's definitely interesting, although Mizuno is no stranger to tungsten.

Mizuno_MP_59_431211_i0.jpg

Mizuno posted some pics on twitter yesterday of their sales staff trying out some new models, they looked really nice in the bag but not sure if they have a boron element to them.

Mizuno trying something new. I like it. Perhaps they will grab a little more of my attention in the future.

I'm not metalologist, but I can't wait to hear more!

Not sure what to think...Maybe a new metal they are going to use or a new weighting system?

Back