Android Phone Thread

I'm not falling for that crap Tyno. Not after flappy bird

Quick app recommendation. Was able to fix the lack of MMs in Android L by changing some settings and downloading the txt app 'hello'. The app is very nice, it had an excellent, clean layout and I find it less cluttered, and easier to read than Hangouts. In app, on the left side is a small bar showing little circles with either a contact's assigned picture or their initials, very much like miniature chat heads in facebook messenger. On the right is the conversation and typing area. You can quickly switch between conversations by selecting the dot on the left hand side (the left hand bar scrolls independently of the right side). It also has a nice 'night mode' that automatically inverts the colors at night, so white background becomes black, making it much easier to read at night.

Free app with no ads, worth checking out.

I like this so far. Clean little messaging app.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Upgrading to an S5 in a few days, really considered the LG G3, and the Amazon Fire, but have had zero issues with my current S3(except for ones I caused myself when I only knew enough to be dangerous about rooting and custom ROM's) There are a ton of features on all of them that don't really interest me (QHD display on the G3, 3D on the fire, pulse monitor on the S5, etc) so I decided to stick with Samsung Galaxy based on my experience with the S3. Plus I have a couple of weeks to switch without penalty if I change my mind. I doesn't hurt that I actually like touchwiz either. I'm hoping someone comes up with a TW based custom ROM soon as well. I've tried many AOSP ROM's, but always go back to TW because they are just a little too plain for me at times.

I'm not falling for that crap Tyno. Not after flappy bird

but it's soooooooo awesome dean!
and by awesome, i mean addictive.

I have my S4 for quite a while now and I have never seen this before..... Thoughts?

9e8yjunu.jpg

That looks more software issue with the numbers than actual issue. Hopefully a battery pull fixes that.

You could check to see if a bunch of Google Apps are running, Google now really puts a drain on the battery. At least it used to.

TnbQUJTl.jpg

Still cant believe how good the battery life is. 74% left. My iPhone 5S would be begging to be plugged in at this point.

That is good battery life! I'm waiting to see what it will be like on a stock gs5

And then compare it to Rooted using greenify

TnbQUJTl.jpg

Still cant believe how good the battery life is. 74% left. My iPhone 5S would be begging to be plugged in at this point.

As another person coming from the iDevice, I have been saying this for a while.

My s4 right now. This is with the zerolemon 3000mah battery that fits under the normal cover.

enereqy6.jpg

My s4 right now. This is with the zerolemon 3000mah battery that fits under the normal cover.

enereqy6.jpg

What's your screen time?

Just a tick over 2.5 hours

As another person coming from the iDevice, I have been saying this for a while.
Nobody likes a know it all JB

I haven't had my phone on a charger for 2 weeks. I just charge a battery, then when this one gets to 1% I swap.

The first few times the battery wasn't good. But its been getting better each time.

So. I need the G3.

But who will do our iOS reviews?

Unwritten law is that I will still have access to an iOS device, aka, the Doc.

TnbQUJTl.jpg

Cmon! My iPhone has a GREAT battery!

Back