Status
Not open for further replies.
Oakland now has 4 starting pitchers with era under 3...that's insane

Wow.

Phils did nothing. They will suck again next year

I'm not as down on the Rays side of this as some of you. We got a highly regarded 18yo shortstop. A promising young pitcher under team control through 2018, And a utility infielder with upside through 2019. I do wish we had picked up someone with more pop.

It puts a damper on our comeback hopes, but is promising for the future.

Giants were quite to which surprised me

Looks like the Giants gave Uggla a choice return to AAA or Cut

MLB 2014

O's give up their #3 prospect for a rental of Andrew Miller? That's horrible. Better to have done nothing. They're still going to win the AL East and Chris Davis is in bad way at the plate this year.

You gotta hand it to the Rays. I didn't think they would be able to go out there and find a hitter worse than Jose Molina, and BOOM! They found Nick Franklin.

You gotta hand it to the Rays. I didn't think they would be able to go out there and find a hitter worse than Jose Molina, and BOOM! They found Nick Franklin.

Anthony McCarron@AnthonyMcCarron 11m Asked a scout if the Rays got enough for David Price. His answer: "No, but Nick Franklin is going to be good."

Did anyone see the play in the Marlins/Reds game last night? Play at the plate, ball is waiting on the runner, runner doesn't slide and is tagged out, but the manager asks for a review and it's overturned because the catcher didn't give him a lane. I think according to the rule they got it right, but man what a stupid rule.

The Marlins announcers lose their minds!

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article/mlb...md=20140731&content_id=87347952&vkey=news_mlb

Franklin is in no way comparable to Molina. He's still young, and of course any young player is risky but he's a good batter with some pop.

Whole lotta Barves-ing going on.

Seemed to do the trick last time.. I'll just blame you for the past week.
Ok, I'll take a break from watching. Maybe that will help again.

Should I stop watching again?

I want to watch, but then I have a sad.

This is team is pretty tough to watch. I'm honestly not sure how Freddy keeps his job. Seriously.

This is team is pretty tough to watch. I'm honestly not sure how Freddy keeps his job. Seriously.

The wife and I were talking about this yesterday. How do they not clean the coaching house other than maybe McDowell? The coaches are getting very little out of a decent roster...which if I remember correctly was the critique of Fredi in Miami.

On the plus side, if they keep tanking, there will be no reason to watch baseball by the time football season is ready to go.

The wife and I were talking about this yesterday. How do they not clean the coaching house other than maybe McDowell? The coaches are getting very little out of a decent roster...which if I remember correctly was the critique of Fredi in Miami.

On the plus side, if they keep tanking, there will be no reason to watch baseball by the time football season is ready to go.

I'm not really sure if we can put this on Fredi. Look at all the pitchers we've lost and we're 7th in ERA and 1st in quality starts. We have the 4th youngest team in the league and we don't have anyone to really carry this team for an extended time like we have in the past.

And hey, it could be worse. We could be the Cubs.

I'm not really sure if we can put this on Fredi. Look at all the pitchers we've lost and we're 7th in ERA and 1st in quality starts. We have the 4th youngest team in the league and we don't have anyone to really carry this team for an extended time like we have in the past.

And hey, it could be worse. We could be the Cubs.

But I think that is the point, we have lost all those pitchers and still have decent starting pitching stats. That is Roger's credit, not Fredi's. There is absolutely no offensive support, and the lineup and in game decisions have been bordering on atrocious. There is too much talent on that field to be playing like they have this year. If they were losing a bunch of 10-8 kind of games, that would be one thing, but they can't score at all.

But I think that is the point, we have lost all those pitchers and still have decent starting pitching stats. That is Roger's credit, not Fredi's. There is absolutely no offensive support, and the lineup and in game decisions have been bordering on atrocious. There is too much talent on that field to be playing like they have this year. If they were losing a bunch of 10-8 kind of games, that would be one thing, but they can't score at all.

I can remember Bobby making some atrocious in-game decisions, too and no one ever called for his head. Fredi's won more games each year with a roster that's getting younger every year. If we don't make the playoffs, yeah I'd discuss it, but I don't think dropping him in the middle of the season is going to do change anything. I honestly don't know anyone could arrange this lineup that would get the offense going.

But hey, if he can just keep us in the race for about 30 more days to get me to football, it doesn't really matter to me either way. Haha

I can remember Bobby making some atrocious in-game decisions, too and no one ever called for his head. Fredi's won more games each year with a roster that's getting younger every year. If we don't make the playoffs, yeah I'd discuss it, but I don't think dropping him in the middle of the season is going to do change anything. I honestly don't know anyone could arrange this lineup that would get the offense going.

But hey, if he can just keep us in the race for about 30 more days to get me to football, it doesn't really matter to me either way. Haha

I don't think there is any advantage to changing the coaches right now either. I was thinking more after the season as well. But yeah, the southeastern US really won't care in 25 days.

It's an all or nothing lineup and we are currently in the nothing phase.

Pitching injuries haven't helped.

Been a tough season, hopefully we can get back on track but I don't believe we have any chance in the playoffs if we even make it.

Get everyone healthy, make a few roster moves and let's get it on in 2015

Sorry to break up the Braves talk but the Indians finally have a positive run differential on the season. 1 of only 7 teams in the AL.

4 game series with Reds coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back