Dustin Johnson Suspended For Testing Positive For Cocaine?

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
I know people are discussing in the thread from yesterday, but this one needed it's own thread now that it has been reported.

Last edited:

Wow, hope the dude gets some help and can get over his addiction. The dude has a legit PGA career ahead of him and a fiancé that's not too shabby looking, I hate to see him mess any of that up.

Not really surprised . hope he gets his act together would be a shame to see he career ruined . Also 6 months seems like a long time for a recreational drug what is the PGA suspension lengths like

What an idiot. Hopefully he gets help. Wish he would have came forward and said that, not that he was taking a personal leave of absence or whatever he said.

Tiger is happy the spot lights off him, now he can play golf , look out pga championship

So his leave wasn't "voluntary".

Nice to see the PGA Tour took this seriously.

Bit of a double standard here, there has to be more to this.

I have always enjoyed watching Dustin play some great golf but guess he just doesn't have his prioties straight after he leaves the course. So who is worse, DJ taking Illegal Drugs or Tiger Cheating on his wife???

What about the other two drug tests he failed? What is the Tour's policy anyway? A lot of NFL players might move to golf just so they can do their drugs.

That's nuts. I know I always heard the rumors and stuff but never really believed them. I guess what they say is true, where there's smoke, there's fire.

I hope he gets things worked out, too much talent to waste!

I won't judge his lifestyle, but it's a pretty poor choice considering his career. You have to grow up sometime. Suspect he'll be fine and back strong as ever eventually.

What about the other two drug tests he failed? What is the Tour's policy anyway? A lot of NFL players might move to golf just so they can do their drugs.

I think they said he was suspended after one of his failed tests, but DJ said he was out because of an injury.

A double standard on the penalty and the fact this is public and a similar situation was not made public or dealt with in this way. Don't ask me what because I won't say but lets say Tour headquarters is making an example of DJ if he is infact suspended for 6 months
Double standard with what? I still don't think the PGA tour has formally announced it's a suspension

I have always enjoyed watching Dustin play some great golf but guess he just doesn't have his prioties straight after he leaves the course. So who is worse, DJ taking Illegal Drugs or Tiger Cheating on his wife???
For me I don't care about either I care about what each does on the course. Everyone has issues we all have something wrong it is what we do to overcome those things that character can be judged in my opinion .

Wonder what Wayne is thinking of all this?

Agreed, I just hope that he can trully get helped and returns to golf being a better golfer and person. Might include throwing off that mariage.
For me I don't care about either I care about what each does on the course. Everyone has issues we all have something wrong it is what we do to overcome those things that character can be judged in my opinion .

Did Vijay get a suspension for deer antler spray? If so, for how long? 6 months is steep! Just waiting to see the sponsor fall out

I was hoping this was, indeed, a voluntary leave - him having realized that he had a problem. But either way, I hope that during the next 6 months he is able to get himself back on track.

Interesting... was this leaked out anonymously, or did the Tour break it's silence on suspensions?

Wow. 6 months is a long time for a suspension. But on the other side, hopefully he will use that 6 months to get the treatment he needs. No matter how much we enjoy watching him play, and a lot of us do, at the end of the day you hate to see anyone put themselves in harms way.

Back