Bernard Langer, captains pick for the Ryder Cup?

JRod

Reaction score
Handicap
4.2 USGA
Seems pretty crazy but this guy had absolutely dominated the senior tour this year and the guys on Golf channel were discussing whether or not he could be a captain's pick. They seem to think it's a legitimate possibility.

Thoughts?

Love to see it on some levels but no way.

In the US, no way. But in Europe at a links style course, I could possibly see it. And it would be awesome to watch

Interesting..
In theory who's spot would he be snagging?

I would assume it would have to be a captains pick right?

Yeah me neither. I heard Gmac was someone not quite in yet

No chance.

No way

What's the biggest factor in your mind?
Not sure it's a factor but more fear. This team is heavily favored. If they go outside the box and he doesn't perform it will be a HUGE issue. I think it's fair to say that the cup means more to the fans there than here.

I don't see it happening, but how cool would that be if it did.

It would be cool but i don't think it will happen

I think withe the fact he hasn't played on either the euro tour or pga tour outside of a couple majors it's not fair to guys that have been playing all year and working towards that chance. It would be hard to say he is better choice than Graeme McDowell or Ian Poulter. Kind of like Tiger and the U.S. side. His overall record in the Ryder Cup isn't good and the U.S. hasnt won lately why not give the other guys a shot and experience. The last time the U.S. won was without tiger. Back to the original topic it would be interesting to see if he gets picked for the Euro team. I don't think he should be picked but he did play ok at the Open.

I would love to see it happen but I seriously doubt that will happen. It would be cool if he and Tiger were to go head to head as captain's picks.

Meh, he plays well on the Senior Tour and a couple real tour events, if he wants to play on the Ryder Cup he needed to tee it up with the boys and prove himself.

Watching Bernard win again makes me wonder. I've also heard this is gaining traction.

I guess mcginley has stated that's he's 99% sure it won't happen but seems others aren't so sure.

Watching Bernard win again makes me wonder. I've also heard this is gaining traction.

I say why not? Hell, they're probably going to kick our asses anyways.

Dude is dominating the Senior tour, and he's winning many coming from behind on the final day. No fear, plenty of experience, and nothing to lose.

I say why not? Hell, they're probably going to kick our asses anyways.

The guy is playing lights out. Who are better options right now? Paul Casey?

I was just watching Langer and he had just won and some kid ran up to him for an autograph. He was being ushered away, so he took off his visor and gave it to the kid. Pretty classy. He was asked about the Ryder Cup and said he'd love to play in it, but understands there's a lot of young guys out there who'd love the spot, so he leaves it up to McGinley.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bernard Langer, captains pick for the Ryder Cup?

No chance... Still

No chance... Still

I think it's slim but i wouldn't say out of the realm of possibility.

Someone on the euro tour might get their feelings hurt.

Back