The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mattresses. Why do they have to be so effin expensive

It's stupid how expensive they are. We spend thousands on a mattress a few year ago and ended up hating it. Our last mattress was purchased at Costco for 1/3 of the price and we love it!

EDIT: JB beat me to it.

We spent thousands on a mattress and never really loved It. Bought our last one from costco for 650 dollars and love it. It's full memory foam with cooling gel.

It's stupid how expensive they are. We spend thousands on a mattress a few year ago and ended up hating it. Our last mattress was purchased at Costco for 1/3 of the price and we love it!

I need to look there bc I'm not spending $600 on two twin mattresses for my daughters. Bc I know they will end up in my bed at some point anyway.

We spent a lot of money on ours, but we love it. We got the high end tempur pedic.

Yeah it is obscene how expensive some of them are. Fortunately I got employee pricing on our last Sweet Dreams mattress so that made it reasonable. I couldn't see spending $2,000 plus.

I'm dreading the day my mattress needs replacing it. It is insanely comfortable, and it would cost me a fortune to find one as comfortable.

Got a hole in my tire at a turnpike service station on the way home in the rain. Went to change the tire and the car fell off the jack when I was putting spare on. Now the front of the car is sitting on the ground with no tire and I can't fit the jack under. Call the road rangers to come help. Had the lug nuts sitting next to the car with the spare. Took the dogs for a walk while my wife went inside with the toddler while waiting for road ranger. Come back and the lug nuts are gone!

Road ranger shows up, gets the car back on the jack. Now we wait about 2 hours (with a 1.5 yr old and 2 dogs) for my nearest friend to drive to the service station with new lug nuts.

Get the spare on and drive 55mph down the turnpike (limit 70mph) for 2.5 hours home.

Got a hole in my tire at a turnpike service station on the way home in the rain. Went to change the tire and the car fell off the jack when I was putting spare on. Now the front of the car is sitting on the ground with no tire and I can't fit the jack under. Call the road rangers to come help. Had the lug nuts sitting next to the car with the spare. Took the dogs for a walk while my wife went inside with the toddler while waiting for road ranger. Come back and the lug nuts are gone!

Road ranger shows up, gets the car back on the jack. Now we wait about 2 hours (with a 1.5 yr old and 2 dogs) for my nearest friend to drive to the service station with new lug nuts.

Get the spare on and drive 55mph down the turnpike (limit 70mph) for 2.5 hours home.

Ouch, the good news is you made it, I've seen some nasty injuries from cars falling from the jack.

Ouch, the good news is you made it, I've seen some nasty injuries from cars falling from the jack.
Yea luckily I saw it starting to give and backed away from the car before it fell.

I have no desire to golf. I hope that changes soon

I have no desire to golf. I hope that changes soon
Just a gut feeling that it changes in about 2 weeks...

Just a gut feeling that it changes in about 2 weeks...

I've said the last 3 days I was going to play, but have yet to even set up a bag to do so. I think in 2 weeks I'll be good to go.

I've said the last 3 days I was going to play, but have yet to even set up a bag to do so. I think in 2 weeks I'll be good to go.
I know you will be and handling official thp business.

I know you will be and handling official thp business.

Its a tough job but somebody has to do it.

I need to look there bc I'm not spending $600 on two twin mattresses for my daughters. Bc I know they will end up in my bed at some point anyway.

Check Ikea, we got our King mattress there for like $700 and really like it.

Macys can be a good spot too when they are on sale. We got a 2000.00 mattress for half off during a sale. Maybe with Labor Day coming up?

FIRST!

Macys can be a good spot too when they are on sale. We got a 2000.00 mattress for half off during a sale. Maybe with Labor Day coming up?

I got mine from Macys as well. Great brand, and got an AWESOME deal on it.

Solid plan. I need to do the same.

The first time we meet my friend we'll toss a few back. I thought of your forum name and your pup today when I went to the liquor store and got a bottle of Milagro Silver. Margaritas this coming weekend.

we bought a 15" memory foam King mattress off Amazon (Dynasty was the brand) for like $800 shipped, and it was the best purchase i think i've every made that didn't fit in my golf bag... 6 months in now and i've never had a better nights sleep. My last mattress was 5x that form a name brand store, and i woke up every day sore.

I'm going to probably buy the twin versions for my kids very soon.

I have learned in life there are people that wouldn't know the truth if it hit them up side the head. They have lied so much to themselves and others that they actually believe it at this point.

I'm very fortunate to have have a partner that has honesty and integrity in her heart.

When stories are all one had to grasp at, one will inevitably start to believe it as reality. When you start down the rabbit hole there's no turning back when ego gets in play.

Life is good dude. It really is, just smile and wave.

Some just need to let go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back