Glad people are starting to see this guy for what he really is, and has been.

He can't stand prosperity, just came off like a petulant little child. I believe his emotional maturity is that of a little kid, just can't help himself.

Bubba Watson

I was a pretty big Bubba fan for a while. After watching him yell at his caddy and basically blame him for poor shots, I started to lose interest. The Golfsmith video didn't help. Confident is one thing, arrogant is another. This latest "incident" has put me over the edge. Knock off the crap Bubba, those fans are the reason you have sponsors. And to basically snub a charity? Shame shame

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I was a pretty big Bubba fan for a while. After watching him tell at his caddy and basically blame him for poor shots, I started to lose interest. The Golfsmith video didn't help. Confident is one thing, arrogant is another. This latest "incident" has put me over the edge. Knock off the crap Bubba, those fans are the reason you have sponsors. And to basically snub a charity? Shame shame

The caddy moment was abysmal. Loved Feherty's comment of 'You hit it, bud' though. I was genuinely disappointed that he won at Augusta this year.

The caddy moment was abysmal. Loved Feherty's comment of 'You hit it, bud' though. I was genuinely disappointed that he won at Augusta this year.

It was actually uncomfortable for me to watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He has amazing talent, but he can really be kinda a jerk sometimes. I guess that is obvious. Just hit the driver and make people happy.

Me too. So many guys deserve it more, and are so much more grateful and gracious when interacting with fans and sponsors.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Love Bubba, but he definitely makes it hard to sometimes. I honestly think that he may have something going on mentally as he can go from one extreme to another very quick. He has immense talent, but he really needs to work on his mental game.

Bubba is an amazing talent. Too bad it comes with a massive d-bag attitude. He can be an example of both what to be and what not to be in consecutive shots.

I believe his beef was with the PGA and making a spectacle out of the event. Why not just donate the money anonymously and not make it a dog and pony show. I'm not defending Bubba, like many have said it's one swing, but he chose to make a statement about his belief (right or wrong) about what the PGA was doing at that hole.

Or he just woke up on the wrong side of the bed which is possible. :D

Have to agree with you Nate. either option is possible.

the guy loves to bomb drivers, hit one 424 last week, but suddenly wants to "learn' the course as if one swing would have ruined his learning experience...hysterical

I believe his beef was with the PGA and making a spectacle out of the event. Why not just donate the money anonymously and not make it a dog and pony show. I'm not defending Bubba, like many have said it's one swing, but he chose to make a statement about his belief (right or wrong) about what the PGA was doing at that hole.

Because spectacles bring awareness.
Kind of like buying dinner at Chipotle
Announcing on social media you have a new million dollar watch
Announcing on social media your new Dixie car purchase...

It seems when the spectacle favors his own self serving duties, he is 100% behind them.

It seems when the spectacle favors his own self serving duties, he is 100% behind them.
No argument there, when it fits his time table it seems a.o.k. I do know he donates a lot of time and money to his own charities and doesn't seem to use the spotlight for that. Like I said, this just rubbed him wrong for whatever reason.

Well said. What annoys me the most is that he's openly said that he doesn't like the attention or praise. He said it on Fehrety and on morning drive after he won the masters but yet he showed up unannounced that morning. I just think he's so full of sh!t. A hovercraft doesn't draw attention huh? Or golf boys and all that, I think his decision yesterday just adds to it

I just can't understand for the life of me how this would rub him the wrong way. Is this guy mental, or is he just an a$$hole? Perhaps even a combination of both.

Make a spectacle out of it? It wasn't televised, they let them come over whenever they had time. It was simply there for the fans that were in attendance and for the charity they were raising money for. So I still don't get his reasoning and how him just living by the bible had anything to do with his decision.

At the end of the day I just flat out don't care if he decided to take a 3 iron on a long drive hole put on by the PGA for charity. I watch him for his golf game, not his bedside manner. I want to see him pull of the impossible and don't get hot and bothered at him and his caddies banter on a miss played shot.

Now if he decides to give my kiddo the heisman one day at a tournament then maybe that will change. :D

Its just Bubba being Bubba. And I can't stand it. My disdain for him grows everytime that he does something that doesn't assist his own stature. For someone who likes to take time of his day to go play public courses right handed, drive hovergolf vehicles, and make spectacles out of going to Golfsmith, you would think this is right up his alley. But nope, he wants to "prove a point" to the PGA that this is a serious event and one shot, on one hole (that 100% of the field will hit driver on anyway) that could benefit someone else is just asking to much of him. IMO he fronts this, I'm no better than the next person imagine, and in reality he seems to feel that he is the second coming. He could have paid it forward a 100 times for charities, his sponsors, the PGA, the game of golf in general if he gets up there and smokes one 375 down the gut with a 40 yard draw. But nope, instead we are debating about how much a D-Bag he is and how much he loves himself.

Theres a small part of me, that wants to be sure I'm at the tenth tee on Thursday to heckle him and say something about hitting 3-iron since thats how he practiced the hole...

Theres a small part of me, that wants to be sure I'm at the tenth tee on Thursday to heckle him and say something about hitting 3-iron since thats how he practiced the hole...

LOL! Don't do it!!!!

When he glares back at the crowd, we'll know who he's looking at. :alien:

At the end of the day I just flat out don't care if he decided to take a 3 iron on a long drive hole put on by the PGA for charity. I watch him for his golf game, not his bedside manner. I want to see him pull of the impossible and don't get hot and bothered at him and his caddies banter on a miss played shot.

Now if he decides to give my kiddo the heisman one day at a tournament then maybe that will change. :D

Yeah, screw the fans who wanted to see him hit the big bomb. How ridiculous to expect him to hit the club he's going to hit all week with people cheering him on, paying for his fancy cars!!! MADNESS!!!

haha, it's so ridiculous man. It's meant to be fun, and everyone else seemed to do a great job embracing it. I hope his misses the cut and blames his lack of composure on his three iron.

LOL! Don't do it!!!!

When he glares back at the crowd, we'll know who he's looking at. :alien:

I'm not sure I want to give him the satisfation of a heckle...hahaha. I'm just annoyed that if I want to see Rory, I have to watch that toolbag too.

Yeah, screw the fans who wanted to see him hit the big bomb. How ridiculous to expect him to hit the club he's going to hit all week with people cheering him on, paying for his fancy cars!!! MADNESS!!!

haha, it's so ridiculous man. It's meant to be fun, and everyone else seemed to do a great job embracing it. I hope his misses the cut and blames his lack of composure on his three iron.

Agree 1000%. Only cares about himself, and I hate it.

Back