Official Masters Thread [spoilers]

I'm going with my SLEEPER pick. His name is Eldrick. lol

I'll be pulling for fellow Cheesehead Steve Stricker, followed by Phil and Duval.

Kevin

The Cheesehead didn't sound all that confident in his interview this afternoon. I surely would like to see him win that major though.

i'd like an Angel Cabrerra repeat or Phil.

or freddie.

I really like watching Cabrerra play. The dude does not mess around. When it's time to hit, he hits. Some real power there, too. Two in a row for him would be kind of cool.

Kevin

The Cheesehead didn't sound all that confident in his interview this afternoon. I surely would like to see him win that major though.

I missed that. There was supposed to be a Master's preview on where they were going to show him hitting balls out of the heated trailer in the Winter. I thought that was supposed to be tomorrow on ESPN, but I don't see it in the listings. Bummer.

Kevin

Until Stricker finds that mental toughness, he won't win a major.

Stricker just doesn't have the kind of personality to allow him to win a major. He would have to overcome that if he wants to win one.

Until Stricker finds that mental toughness, he won't win a major.

Stricker just doesn't have the kind of personality to allow him to win a major. He would have to overcome that if he wants to win one.

Ummm, that is what they said about Phil as well. I disagree completely. Up until recently, he did not have the game to win one. He does now and could definitely put one together in the next 2 years.

I am pulling for Stewart Cink. I don't think you will find a man who connects with his fans more (I could be wrong of course). He gave a friend of mine Thrashers tickets when he (Cink) could not attend the game.

I would also love to see Ian P. and Brian G. do very well. Lefty deserves a major win to help offset the pain of his wife's cancer. I would love to see Kenny P. redeem himself after last year.

I feel that Tiger is repentant and is truly trying to be a better man. I hope he does well because I am a forgiving person and I have been forgiven in my past.

My sentimental favorite is Fred Couples. With the way he has been putting lately, he could get in contention. He has always had the ballstriking, but his putting has hurt him. This year could be his year to take out Jack's 46 yr old win with a 50 yr old win. Kenny Perry would be another popular winner after last year's meltdown. I know Tiger is the story of the tournament no matter what, but if either of these guys get into contention on Sunday, it would make for some great TV drama.

Had to post again. I;m watching the news and they just had a segment on Ricky Barnes and his brother. The brother is caddying for him this week at Augusta. His brother is also assistant golf coach at the U of AZ, so there is a local interest story for the Tucson news station. Barnes 2nd place finish at the US Open got him a place at the Masters.

So many great story lines as you guys mentioned above. This is going to be a great Masters tourney!

i need to be extremely sick tomorrow and friday, i need some suggestions for rare diseases that will keep me out of the office.

The 48 hour stomach bug always works.

nice, i like that one. i thought about using the whole "foster's not feeling well" but then karma would kick in and foster really wouldn't feel well. perhaps it's best that i'm "in the field" tomorrow and friday.

nice, i like that one. i thought about using the whole "foster's not feeling well" but then karma would kick in and foster really wouldn't feel well. perhaps it's best that i'm "in the field" tomorrow and friday.

I am going to be watching/listening from my desk and from my iPhone.

I am going to be watching/listening from my desk and from my iPhone.

unfortunately i have that cubicle that's right in the middle of the room/borders all the walk ways, it'd be somewhat obvious

It's too bad you aren't a newly wed woman....most bosses hear 48 hour bug and think you are pregnant. They will give you all the time you need.

It's too bad you aren't a newly wed woman....most bosses hear 48 hour bug and think you are pregnant. They will give you all the time you need.

How much time would your business partner give you off if you thought you were GG? :brb:

I'm thinking of taking Friday afternoon off. I really want to see the tournament coverage live.

How much time would your business partner give you off if you thought you were GG? :brb:

I'm thinking of taking Friday afternoon off. I really want to see the tournament coverage live.

Once I picked him up off the floor? I am not sure, I think he would need the time off to deal with the news.

Once I picked him up off the floor? I am not sure, I think he would need the time off to deal with the news.

hahahaha! i could see it now. if JB struggles due to your neck pain he's flat out doomed when you're preggers.

I am absolutely caught up in all things Masters, I've been all over masters.com and am currently enjoying some live coverage from the driving range. I love this site, and this event!

Man, let's see about some predictions here. As you all know on Tour Talk I took Ernie and Nick Watney as my sleeper. I'm sticking with those but there are a lot of other players that I expect will be right in the thick of things come Sunday. Stricker will be on the first page of the leader board on Sunday, he'll have a chance to win and may actually pull it out. He has the game and will break through soon and show his mental toughness is just fine thank you very much. Mickelson will also do very well, he just has too much success in this event to expect anything other than a win or top 5 finish. Goosen will miss the cut. Jim Furyk will be in the conversation for part of the weekend. Freddie will not be, sorry but this is big boy golf, not the Champions Tour simplicity that he's currently making his own personal retirement fund. Don't count out Sergio. Lee Westwood, you're courtesy car is waiting to take you to the airport on Friday evening, have a safe flight home. Anthony Kim, have a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the television coverage of the final round. Matt Kuchar- there's your sleeper. Oldest guy to make the cut...Tom Watson. Rory McIlroy might shoot an 80 in one of the first 2 days. The highest finishing Englishmen will be Paul Casey, he might even have the 54 hole lead. Do you think John Rollins is looking around waiting for someone to realize he's not supposed to be invited? My pick for the biggest disappointment is Camilo Villegas, what happened to the early season momentum? He misses the cut by a handful. And finally, Tiger's impersonation of Phil Mickelson's happy go lucky smile at the gallery act will expire Friday afternoon, hey, at least you can ride back home with your buddy Mark O'Meara!!!

hahahaha! i could see it now. if JB struggles due to your neck pain he's flat out doomed when you're preggers.

Hehe, that is a funny mental image.

TC, use the "baby's sick" line. That way you dont have to fake it, and everyone's more sympathetic to a sick baby (and preggers)! :D I plan on ducking out a bit early Friday if I can. I also have a date with the wife to practice at the range tomorrow afternoon, so I wont be watching tomorrow live...

I am absolutely caught up in all things Masters, I've been all over masters.com and am currently enjoying some live coverage from the driving range. I love this site, and this event!

Man, let's see about some predictions here. As you all know on Tour Talk I took Ernie and Nick Watney as my sleeper. I'm sticking with those but there are a lot of other players that I expect will be right in the thick of things come Sunday. Stricker will be on the first page of the leader board on Sunday, he'll have a chance to win and may actually pull it out. He has the game and will break through soon and show his mental toughness is just fine thank you very much. Mickelson will also do very well, he just has too much success in this event to expect anything other than a win or top 5 finish. Goosen will miss the cut. Jim Furyk will be in the conversation for part of the weekend. Freddie will not be, sorry but this is big boy golf, not the Champions Tour simplicity that he's currently making his own personal retirement fund. Don't count out Sergio. Lee Westwood, you're courtesy car is waiting to take you to the airport on Friday evening, have a safe flight home. Anthony Kim, have a great weekend and I hope you enjoy the television coverage of the final round. Matt Kuchar- there's your sleeper. Oldest guy to make the cut...Tom Watson. Rory McIlroy might shoot an 80 in one of the first 2 days. The highest finishing Englishmen will be Paul Casey, he might even have the 54 hole lead. Do you think John Rollins is looking around waiting for someone to realize he's not supposed to be invited? My pick for the biggest disappointment is Camilo Villegas, what happened to the early season momentum? He misses the cut by a handful. And finally, Tiger's impersonation of Phil Mickelson's happy go lucky smile at the gallery act will expire Friday afternoon, hey, at least you can ride back home with your buddy Mark O'Meara!!!

haha. Wishful thinking w/ some of these predictions.

I say Westwood has a better tournament than Phil.

I would actually kind of prefer Tiger to not do so much interaction w/ fans. It's not him and it probably keeps him from focusing on the task at hand. So yeah, it's perfectly fine if Tiger isn't doing the "lefty smile" up and down fairways.

Augusta is way too much golf course for Watson. He'll miss the cut by 4 strokes.

You're not giving Couples enough credit for what he's doing on the Champions Tour. Freddy will definitely make the cut.

We shall see................

haha. Wishful thinking w/ some of these predictions.

I say Westwood has a better tournament than Phil.

I would actually kind of prefer Tiger to not do so much interaction w/ fans. It's not him and it probably keeps him from focusing on the task at hand. So yeah, it's perfectly fine if Tiger isn't doing the "lefty smile" up and down fairways.

Augusta is way too much golf course for Watson. He'll miss the cut by 4 strokes.

You're not giving Couples enough credit for what he's doing on the Champions Tour. Freddy will definitely make the cut.

We shall see................

I think that Phil and Freddy will do fine. Phil has played much better than Westwood at Augusta, and Freddy is soo confident right now.

Back