2014 PGA Championship Contest & Thread - Custom Cobra Driver

Play to resume at 8:35 local time.

A super soft course and lift/clean/place does nothing but help Rory I think. This is most definitely his tournament to lose.

With conditions this soft, pins will be fired at. These guys can go low & will be fun to see where the cut line ends up.

Rory goes off this morning I believe.

He does. It will be interesting to see how the conditions play a role today.

Cut line could easily be some crazy under par score with all of the good scoring in round 1 and soft conditions today

So for those of you that wear the spikeless golf shoes, would you change up and put real spikes on given the conditions if you had to play?

Decent first day as I have a T-4, T11, 2 T-35 and 2 T-54 with the last guy at T-109, need some upward movement from everyone today.

So for those of you that wear the spikeless golf shoes, would you change up and put real spikes on given the conditions if you had to play?

I imagine we will see lots of metal spikes today from the pros but I play in spikeless shoes 98% of the time now, I have forgotten how metal spikes even feel it has been so long since I wore them.

I would for sure

Playing the ball down? hmmmm.

I imagine we will see lots of metal spikes today from the pros but I play in spikeless shoes 98% of the time now, I have forgotten how metal spikes even feel it has been so long since I wore them.

Yeah I had to ask bc I have worn the spikeless only one time ( borrowed my father in laws pair) they were comfortable cant deny that but just prefer the feel of regular spikes. I have never worn metal either. Seems that with the spikeless they would slip given he tough conditions.

I would for sure

Exactly what I thought.

Lowest Club Pro after round one is +2 which is a tie for 92nd. Most of the Club Pros are from +4 to +13. Is it time for these guys to be taken out of this event? Do they have an impact at all on the tourney?

Isn't because of these guys that there is an event?

Metal Spikes whats that LOL!!!! I have transtition onto spikeless now and have had no issues with wearing them in wet conditions. I still have spike shoes, but only wear those if it's super wet. If it's just morning due and a little rain, Im good with spikeless.

Anything past a light rain or if it's been raining for a while previous to my round, I definitely switch out to soft spikes. Love my spikeless shoes but I like dry feet and solid footing more.

Everyone's favorite Bubba starts Birdie Birdie

Speaking of shoes I really like Bubba's Oakley shoes from today and yesterday. Might like them more than the Nikes Rory is wearing.

On a good note someone told the PGA to show the live stream in HD today.

Wow, Bubba actually called fore! Admittedly it was flying onto another hole this time...

Speaking of shoes I really like Bubba's Oakley shoes from today and yesterday. Might like them more than the Nikes Rory is wearing.

FWIW I have a pair of Oakleys from a year or two ago and they are QUITE comfy.

Great shot by Bubba.

FWIW I have a pair of Oakleys from a year or two ago and they are QUITE comfy.
Cool that doesn't surprise me one bit. I might need to see if I can find a cheap pair. Such a cool design also

Would love to see him smile and high five some people after pulling off a shot like that

Back