What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pistol comes into town for the Masters, and we resume hostilities with an 0800 shotgun start. The match turned out to be quite a good one, as both of us played pretty well and neither of us gained more than a one-hole-up advantage. The difference came really down to the putting - while I had lots of opportunities I didn't sink much, but Pistol had as many chances but had three 3-jacks to my none, one rare occasion where I manage to out-putt the usually solid Pistol.

Wow SAM - You finally beat Pistol. It's been a while. Congratulations!

GG, my wife just started playing golf with me, and while I'm sure you're light-years ahead of her, I can say for probably most players out there: it's just good to have you playing with us. I'm sure that doesnt help you feel any better about your game, but we enjoy playing with you!

Thank you! That actually does make me feel a little better.

Shot a 33 (+5) through 7 holes today... not too bad. Lipped out two part putts so it could've been better.

shot a 77 today with 2 birdies and an eagle

Played 9 after work today. Shot a 49 with 20 putts. I was cruising along until a blow up 8 on the par 3 8th hole.

played my first 9 yesterday, although I found it rather unfair because It was still so cold and windy I could barely swing, my muscles tensed up.

I was +4 after 7 until I quadrupled 7 and doubled 8. Finished off with a 46.

57 thru 9... i really need to figure out whats going on with my ballstriking... i said id put in some range time before i played next but it was too nice out... i shoulda listened to myself

We had a beautiful day today with temps in the 60's and sunny. I hit the ball all over the place but my short game was very good. Ended up 38-43 81 with a triple on the 15th hole. But the great thing was my wife shot 40-39 79 with a eagle and a birdie. She has not played in a couple of weeks due to some pain in her back but it was fine today. I was so excited by her play I didn't know she broke 80 until we added it up off the course. She holed out from 85 yards on a par 5 for her eagle. This was her second eagle this year as she holed out on a par 4 in February. How sweet it is!

shot a 95 and a 93 for the first two rounds of the season. If it weren't for the infamous "blow up holes" i would have scored decently.......

It is so great to see that everyone's season is starting. I got really lonely in this thread through the winter. Nothing like golf scores starting to pop up here to say "spring has sprung!"

Shot a 90 today... too many three putts on the front 9 but finished par par par birdie Guinness to bring it home!

Shot a 41 at my home course with 2 birdies, and a triple. 3 putted from a short distance as well for a dumb bogey.

81 - not terrible. But I was +1 after 13 holes, and +8 on the last 5 holes. Great start, bad finish.

Shot a 45 on the front 9 yesterday. I went out with the course manager, his 15 yr old son, and a new hire, another teaching pro. They must've rubbed off on me, because I hit 6 of 7 FIR, and 4 of 9 GIR. Driving and approach shots were on, and a couple of the missed GIR left me with short chips from the fringe. My short game, however, was pathetic. Flubbing countless chip shots, constantly leaving the 60* short, 3 putts galore. I now know what I need to work on this next week! :D

All in all, very happy. Was on pace to post 90, which would have been my best score ever. If I can get my short game in check, I can easily get into the 80s.

Played the back 9 today. 47 degrees, misting and light sprinkles. All greens had water droplets on them, so I was getting rooster tails with every putt. I shot a 58.

I hit my 6i off the tee, on a par 3, 4 feet from the flag. My birdie putt was 3 inches short.

I hit driver on every par 4/5 for the first time in years. it's an old crappy driver but not a single slice or hook. I just got no distance with it.

The back 9 is 3333 yards, so it's a bit long for me and with the mist/wet fairways. Some par 4s play like par 5s for me in the best conditions here. I gotta be inside 150 to have any realistic shot at going for a green. My longest drive a 176, so I had very few shots at going for a green in GIR.

Oh, and my putting sucked with all the water on the greens.

Played 18 today and once again made a triple on the back nine. Shot 37 on the front and 42 on the back for a nice 79 considering the triple bogey. My wife played with me and she also shot a 37 on the front. She had 8 pars and one lone bogey. Unfortunately she hurt her back on her tee shot on the 10th tee and her day was over. We got paired up with a couple that we have played with quite often and we all had a great day. It was sunny and in the high 50's with a 3-5 mile breeze. Just a great day for April.

I shot an ugly 87 on the local course today. Hit all but one fairway off the tee but my irons let me down. Muddy soup lies in the fairway and lots of wind didn't help matters....not that I would ever make excuses!

Well my first time out in a month since my surgery, shot a 46 on the back nine at my local course. I figure having not swung a club in a month and that I played with my friends clubs since mine are still at the fitters, I played pretty well. My clubs should be back to me in a week of so and if I can keep the swing going that i had today then I should be on.

Shot +3, +10 for an 83 today, the back 9 was just a disaster. Not much to say but my approachs were something that really saved me on the front.

Well my first time out in a month since my surgery, shot a 46 on the back nine at my local course. I figure having not swung a club in a month and that I played with my friends clubs since mine are still at the fitters, I played pretty well. My clubs should be back to me in a week of so and if I can keep the swing going that i had today then I should be on.

Great to hear your back out there after the surgery Wulff. 46 is respectable after all that.

I made it out yesterday, but it was like my fouth time out. Third time playing 18. I had my up's and downs, but overall it went pretty well. I think I may be getting close to ready for the Midwest outing. Shot an 81 today, 41/40, even though I was playing much better on the back nine. My putting on the front nine with a new putter was horrendous, 3 putted three times, but turned around and was lights out with the putter on the back with only 12 putts. However, I snapped two drives OB on the back that kept me from going below 80. I felt pretty good about the day.

Thanks due, it felt really good to be back out on the course and playing agin. Now that I can play again i have rounds planned for Sun, Mon and Tues. and a tourny the following Sun.

Good luck, hit'em straight. You'll be ready for the tournament.

Nice round Due! What new putter were you using? Trying to sneak a putter by us were you?? lol

Nice round Due! What new putter were you using? Trying to sneak a putter by us were you?? lol

LOL, sort of sneaking it in. It's a Slotline again. I bought the new one that White Rhino won over the winter on here. My old Slotline has always worked great, but looking it's age, so bought another. I'll post some pic's when I get time and a bit of a review, but taking a while to get used to the feel so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back