What's for Dinner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find mayo off putting in general.

I think I'm going to have pizza for dinner.

I tend to agree about the mayo. I put it with tuna, maybe turkey on a sandwich but not with pastrami. I have a friend who puts it on hot dogs. yuck!!!

Grilled steak, rice and soy sauce. Need a vegetable...probably corn (well, not exactly a vegetable).

spaghetti and garlic bread

Spaghetti of the Filipino persuasion or standard? We had that the other night.

Too lazy to cook tonight so Popeye's fried chicken on tap.

Grilled steak, rice and soy sauce. Need a vegetable...probably corn (well, not exactly a vegetable).

I think of corn as a vegetable, but I agree - I wouldn't want it with rice.

I think of corn as a vegetable, but I agree - I wouldn't want it with rice.

Why not? They go well together. I grill corn all of the time and eat it with brown rice or even put it in my spanish rice.

Very boring--ham, scalloped potatoes, and peas.

After a week's vacation (including from the way I normally eat), it's time to get back on the wagon.

I tend to agree about the mayo. I put it with tuna, maybe turkey on a sandwich but not with pastrami. I have a friend who puts it on hot dogs. yuck!!!

Everyone knows you put ketchup on hot dogs! hehehe

Why not? They go well together. I grill corn all of the time and eat it with brown rice or even put it in my spanish rice.

Yeah, but then it seems like you need a salad or green vegetable too.

ketchup on fries. that's it. ever.

i didn't say i had pastrami with mayo. it was with turkey and avocado and lettuce and tomato and bread. so the mayo works.

if its just pastrami....its mustard. always and forever. no rye though. i don't like rye bread.

ketchup on fries. that's it. ever.

i didn't say i had pastrami with mayo. it was with turkey and avocado and lettuce and tomato and bread. so the mayo works.

if its just pastrami....its mustard. always and forever. no rye though. i don't like rye bread.

It said pastrami in your post, but now it makes more sense. The avocado would be really weird with pastrami, too. Mayo and turkey are almost inseparable. A couple/four slices of Nueske's bacon on that turkey and avocado sandwich and it would have been perfect.

Kevin

It said pastrami in your post, but now it makes more sense. The avocado would be really weird with pastrami, too. Mayo and turkey are almost inseparable. A couple/four slices of Nueske's bacon on that turkey and avocado sandwich and it would have been perfect.

Kevin

i absolutely agree re: bacon.

i asked chef to make me a yummy sandwich and that's what he presented me. it was awesome!

We're going to the Outback tonight.

We're in the Bay Area. Just for a few days. We don't go to the Outback in KC, we haven't had good luck there. So we go when we are here.

I have found the quality at Outback to be going downhill lately. I went to a different local chain here last week and it was the best steak i had in a long time.. might be a while till I go back to Outback. Unless Snicker is stalking people from the bar then I might go just to watch the fun.

ahhh! which one?

i've had good luck at the one at Zona. i frequent it. alot.

None. We've gone to Zona Rosa, the one in Mission (which closed) and the one off 95th by Oak Park Mall. They cannot cook lamb. So we changed to steak, and they couldn't cook that either. The Bloomin' Onion and that brown bread they serve before your food gets there is good though.

Spaghetti of the Filipino persuasion or standard? We had that the other night.

Too lazy to cook tonight so Popeye's fried chicken on tap.

definately not the filipino version... i love real italian food...

last night we had some unbelievable hawaiian bbq... topped off with a baked potato with everything

We went to a great restaurant last night with very good fish dishes. I had a pecan crusted grouper that was fantastic! Tonight we are ordering in Italian so we can be sure to watch the Masters.

i think ill make some sinigang(filipino sour soup) tonight with pork ribs

Tonight is steak, cole slaw, and probably fries. Then off to our vintage outdoor ice cream stand for the first visit of the season. I can't resist the Heavenly Hash.

Tonight is steak, cole slaw, and probably fries. Then off to our vintage outdoor ice cream stand for the first visit of the season. I can't resist the Heavenly Hash.

Ice cream sounds good. There is a Cold Stone Creamery just down the street. Sounds like a good dessert after Outback.

Last night's dinner was ox tail with celery and carrots, steamed rice, and teriyaki chicken with pineapples!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back