3 par 4 4
4 par 4 4
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 4
8 par 3 5
9 par 5 6

Score 36/38-74 (+2)

I felt clumsy on the range and it carried to the first hole, as I played an easy hole in bogey. Then at the second tee, it was like a light switch was turned on, and while the game wasn't totally clicking, the scoring mode was on, and I played the next 15 holes at -2. Then the game disappeared again for the finish - first I pulled a 7I left enuff to miss the trap and roll into the lake, and made double bogey. Then after a perfect tee ball off the last, I put it in the fairway bunker and from about 55 yards, totally fatted my wedge and chipped up short to make a disappointing bogey.

Last edited:
Played 9 today in prep for 18 tomorrow, shot 46 and enjoyed all 9 holes. I absolutely love the CG14's and hit the Monster well the new shaft brought the flight down just enough. Guess the simulator told the truth. I had (1) triple, (2) doubles, (4) bogies and (2) par's. Lord it was great to be back on the course again!

Played a quick 9 today...shot a 40.

1. 5 5
2. 4 4
3. 3 3
4. 4 5
5. 4 4
6. 3 3
7. 5 5
8. 3 4
9. 5 7

I ripped the drive on 9, and the pulled the 3 wood into the rough. I then ripped a 6 iron about 175 and landed just short of the green. I chunked my chip and then left the second well short...add a 2 putt and I missed my chance to break 40.

45-41. Still sucks but it's coming. Finally felt loose today and was getting some carry with my driver. I'm figuring out the driving angles on the dog legs. Greens are still early season Cheeseland specials. Furry, bumpy, and some Winter kill. Will be nice when the ball rolls instead of hops and shimmies.

I have been playing golf for one year, and have shot low 90s a few times.

I just had my first ever lesson this past Wed.
My swing was completely changed from way too steep (right elbow above my head on backswing), to much flatter (elbow now staying tucked to my right side). My instructor told me it would take 4-5 weeks but I think I'll get this down in 2 weeks tops.

Today was the first time I played since my lesson and shot 115 :beat-up:
At least I've gained 10 yds on all my irons... I just don't make consistent contact... and can't hit driver at all anymore...
I can't wait till I've gotten this down... Results will be spectacular. Maybe I'll make my own progression thread...

Anyways, 115 today. Boo.

First time out this year keeping score....shot a 92. The goal is to break 90 this year.

Drove the ball so-so today...good distance but blocked a lot of balls to the right.
Hybrids were consistent
Iron play was very good....8 iron was money from 140-150 today
Wedge play was spotty...flufffed too many chips from <50yds
Putting was awful...3 putted way more than I normally do....distance control was non-existent

All in all once I get a handle on my 'newer' putter I'll be breaking 90. It's my first one with an insert and I'm trying to lock down distance control with it

Well paid for 18 but when I ride up to ten and see a group on the green, a group in the fairway and two waiting to tee off I got credit for the last nine. I just cant wait like that. Shot a 48 for the front nine. Should have shot A LOT better, had two blow up holes and far too many bad shots off the tee. Glad to say the SeeMore putted awesome! Well, the greens were aerated already, so I say that with a grain of sand. I was happy with it still.

finally got a round south of 100... took me long enough with the massive swing changes ive been going thru... shot a 91...
not great but ill take it...
driver was on fire today... popped a few 250+ leaving me with short irons to greens
finally shaping shots again... high cut... med. fade... baby and big draws... the occasional hook creeps in...
woods were money and went where i aimed them...
hybrids were going too far and not on target...
mid irons were an adventure... really need to work on that stat...
short irons flew one too many greens... 3 in all... i need to dial my distances a lil better...
full shot wedges were great... 1/2 and 3/4 shots... eek... shankapotamos...
putting... if it werent for 3 3 putts i woulda been in the high 80s... finished with a great 1 putt for par...
no birdies this round... but theyll fall soon enough!

Well, today was the second full round this year 102, last week was 101, 54 on the front with 18 putts, 48 on the back with 19 putts the chipping and putting is killing me right now but lets see, after my 1st 5 rounds last year I was at 281 total score, this year it is a 257 24 strokes better, and it is only april 11th I'm happy.

Well, today was the second full round this year 102, last week was 101, 54 on the front with 18 putts, 48 on the back with 19 putts the chipping and putting is killing me right now but lets see, after my 1st 5 rounds last year I was at 281 total score, this year it is a 257 24 strokes better, and it is only april 11th I'm happy.

Great job jcuray. Glad to hear you getting it done. Way to go!

I am stunned by today's results. Waiting on a friend, I hit the range. Ugly gives it no justice. I topped every drive and dug on the iron's, wtf. On the course it's lights out, for me, hehe. 78 today with two double boggies. Putted lights out, 29 putts. Thought I had a hole in one, hit the pin and stopped 2 1/2 feet away for an up hill put. Crazy stuff today, I'll take it.

Great job jcuray. Glad to hear you getting it done. Way to go!

I am stunned by today's results. Waiting on a friend, I hit the range. Ugly gives it no justice. I topped every drive and dug on the iron's, wtf. On the course it's lights out, for me, hehe. 78 today with two double boggies. Putted lights out, 29 putts. Thought I had a hole in one, hit the pin and stopped 2 1/2 feet away for an up hill put. Crazy stuff today, I'll take it.

damn duey, nice round you had there. hard to imagine playing like that after your range session huh? goes to show that you never know. i haven't played for a while now and need to before heading to fla for the outing.

damn duey, nice round you had there. hard to imagine playing like that after your range session huh? goes to show that you never know. i haven't played for a while now and need to before heading to fla for the outing.

Thanks tc. It was a blast seeing my iron's go straight for once, lol. You better get out there while you can, it will be winter soon, again, hehe

Shot an 87. Borrowed a SQ Dymo Str8 Fit from a friend of mine... and oh. my. god. I also changed my swing a bit, but wow. I hit four of my five longest drives ever (275, 280, 280, 290). I even drove the green on a very short Par 4 (290). Of course, I three putted for par (lag putted to like 9 feet...terrible. Then missed my birdie put by 1".) My iron play was terrible...my wrist was bothering me all day. I also lipped out four chips from just off the green. I had a streak of three straight rounds with a chip-in, but now that's snapped.

I need to find a really, really, really, cheap Str8 fit now! lol!

Shot an 87. Borrowed a SQ Dymo Str8 Fit from a friend of mine... and oh. my. god. I also changed my swing a bit, but wow. I hit four of my five longest drives ever (275, 280, 280, 290). I even drove the green on a very short Par 4 (290). Of course, I three putted for par (lag putted to like 9 feet...terrible. Then missed my birdie put by 1".) My iron play was terrible...my wrist was bothering me all day. I also lipped out four chips from just off the green. I had a streak of three straight rounds with a chip-in, but now that's snapped.

I need to find a really, really, really, cheap Str8 fit now! lol!

Nice Round. Ebay

front nine not so good 50 but much better back nine with a 43 and 3 pars in row at one point. hope I can keep the mojo going for the FL outing! :golf2:

Played yesterday at White Lake in Montello, left the driver in the bag all day & used 3 w off every tee that I could & it really paid off. Hit 13 out of 14 fairways, still need to work on my approach shots as I only had 6 GIR's but for only being the 3rd rd of the year & the first full 18 hole rd, it's getting better quickly. Had a few 3 jacks on the front 9 which really upset everything & came away with a 44. Finished up the front nicely with a sweet chip in to save par.

the back 9 found the 3w & the approach shots really kicking nicely, putting was going well too. My missed putts were all real close so made for some easy cleanup. Added it up & came away with a 41 which surprised me because it didn't feel that good, I left a lot of opportunities out on the course & would have swore I had shot a 44-45 on the back. For the record I never ever ad up any score until I am 100% done for the day, not even mentally as it just screws with my head.

I shot a 94 today - worst round in 2+ years. Nothing was working at all. Didn't help it was cold (50f) with lots of wind 20-30mph, and a wet course. I had 2 birdies with that 94 too, scary stuff. I hope the next round is better uggg

Played "Theodore" 9 holes.

1 Par 3 5
2 Par 4 4
3 Par 4 3
4 Par 3 4
5 Par 5 6
6 Par 4 3
7 Par 4 4
8 Par 4 4
9 Par 4 4

Par 35 38(+3)

Fairways 4/7
GIR 6/9
Putts 18
3 putts 2
Scambling 0/3

Started off the nine really badly due mainly due to two 3 putts! Then found my stride at the 6th.

Match play for the first 9: Won 1 UP.
Team Match Play for Back 9: Lost 1 DOWN.

1 Down up until 8 where it was a par 3, Stuck my tee shot 4 feet, and missed the putt to AS the match. Couldnt get anythin goin on 9.

No scores kept.

Your score doesn't add up. You did better than you think. Nice round, despite the couple 3-putts.

Played "Theodore" 9 holes.

1 Par 3 5
2 Par 4 4
3 Par 4 3
4 Par 3 4
5 Par 5 6
6 Par 4 3
7 Par 4 4
8 Par 4 4
9 Par 4 4

Par 35 38(+3)

Fairways 4/7
GIR 6/9
Putts 18
3 putts 2
Scambling 0/3

Started off the nine really badly due mainly due to two 3 putts! Then found my stride at the 6th.

Played a round today at a short forest preserve course (6,250 yards). I shot a 77, however, it is only a par 70. Didn't hit as many GIRs as I wished, but my chipping/pitching was spot-on today. I was pleased with that because that was the sucky part of my game as of late.

I shot a 77, however, it is only a par 70.

I'm confused...you shot a 77 but it's not a good score because it's a par 70 course?? Either way, great score...I hope to be in that neck of the woods soon!

Your score doesn't add up. You did better than you think. Nice round, despite the couple 3-putts.

scores right. got a bogey 5 on the second hole not a 4.

thanks

I'm confused...you shot a 77 but it's not a good score because it's a par 70 course?? Either way, great score...I hope to be in that neck of the woods soon!

No; I am very satisfied with my score. It is not like breaking 80 is an everyday occurence for me. Just thought I would clarify that while the score is good for me, it isn't quite as good as if I was playing at a typical par-72 course.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back