Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
From Callaway

Apex Utility Irons - Performance, Playability and Forgiveness In A Utility Iron

i-5Rxdfgc-L.jpg

About the Callaway Apex Utility Iron:

Our R&D team has loaded up on technology and forged precision in the new Apex Utility Irons. The traditional long iron shape is all about performance and a level of forgiveness and playability that go way beyond what you’d expect from a forged face cavity back design. Precision, versatility, better distance gapping, and (you guessed it) forgiveness are all staples of these new additions to the Apex Family. And for the golfers who are looking for a high technology alternative to hybrids or long irons, these are it.

Features & Benefits

Forged Face Cup Design
- This is some serious speed technology that we’re putting into utility irons. The Forged Face Cup helps create higher ball speeds all across the face to get the distance players are looking for out of these clubs.

Sole Weighting
- Here’s where some of that “hard-to-believe” forgiveness comes from. The sole weighting lowers the CG so that these utility irons are easier to hit and easier to launch.

Forged Design
- They’re built from high strength 455 Carpenter steel that works very well for generating ball speed.

Hollow Body Construction
- The Hollow Body is in there to increase forgiveness in a traditional long iron shape to help golfers feel confident over every shot with these clubs.

Premium Shaft Offerings
- They come standard in a KBS Tour-V or UST Recoil 680 F4 Shaft. We also have additional offerings at no extra charge for players to choose.

Details

Available for Purchase - 9/12/14
Price – $229/$249

Shaft:
-Steel: KBS Tour-V
-Graphite: UST Recoil 680 F4

Grip – Lamkin Crossline

Offering – 18,21,24 Utility

i-GwdwFJC-L.jpg

i-hmktB82-L.jpg
i-xCXrwrV-L.jpg

Last edited:
Yup. This is great, just take my money Callaway. Will have the 21* option. Great stock shaft pairings as well.

The pictures shown here in the preview as on Callaway's website show a 16*, but it is not mentioned as an option. Will the 16* be released at a later date?

What a nice looking club. I'm guessing there won't be a LH option.

• Admin
The pictures shown here in the preview as on Callaway's website show a 16*, but it is not mentioned as an option. Will the 16* be released at a later date?

What a nice looking club. I'm guessing there won't be a LH option.

I will check with Callaway about both questions.

Yes, please. Cannot wait.

Only someone like you are worthy of even seeing something like that, good catch.

Only someone like you are worthy of even seeing something like that, good catch.

I've been on the look out for this one since some of the early photos were released. Seeing it in person at True Blue and being able to hit it only only piqued my interest.

21* please!

It'll be interesting to see if these are any easier to hit than the last driving iron they had. Looks nice!

I will check with Callaway about both questions.
Thanks. In a way I hope the answer is No so it will be an easy decision for me.

It'll be interesting to see if these are any easier to hit than the last driving iron they had. Looks nice!

From my limited experience with both, it is. Will go seamlessly with a set of Apex if I do say so myself. Thinking of 21* bent to 20* with Tour V stiff...need it to go a tad farther than my 4 iron.

18* Recoil will be had.

I still can't decide if I want one if these in 24° or get a x2hot 23°. Guess I will just have to get both.

They certainly look good. Club design doesn't seem like it would be for me though.

Probably will never own one, but it is a sweet looking club.

Was going to buy the 712U but I think I'll wait for this beauty

Now one of these just might make it in my bag...21* maybe ?

I hit Chad's at the MC, it was a solid offering. It felt like my Apex Pro 3 iron with a low/mid ball flight

I've been on the look out for this one since some of the early photos were released. Seeing it in person at True Blue and being able to hit it only only piqued my interest.

That's awesome you have seen/hit these.

The recoil shaft as stock offering is solid.

Just when I think I have no business looking at these......I see this:

Sole Weighting
- Here’s where some of that “hard-to-believe” forgiveness comes from. The sole weighting lowers the CG so that these utility irons are easier to hit and easier to launch.

i really LOVE the look of these and i am in absolute love with my Utility prototype from last year but i honestly am curious how this would be more forgiving than last years model with how thin it is compared to last years. i'd be more worried about my club in the rough i think compared to last years. i def want to hit it but i dunno if it will knock out last years model.

Must hit... Maybe there'll be a couple at #TheGauntlet to try out.

These have my attention!

Theses look like some nice clubs. I haven't really read much on the utility club, so I am guessing this is more of a players iron instead of using a hybrid? Are these similar to those new Driving irons that some manufactures are putting out?

Back