Wish Ole Gray Well

OG,
Hope you get well soon! We all know you are tougher than a $2 steak and will be back on the course before you know it!

I sent a text to my son telling him what happened today. He was telling me how sorry he was that this happened. Anyways he proceeded to tell me he was back in school working towards a degree AND he recently joined a gym for his health and fitness.

Talk about getting a shot of happy medicine and making his Dad soooooo proud at the same time !!!

Today was a good day with this kind of news .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is terrific news! I bet it made your day (after all that hard work breaking up that concrete)

Here's another one for the "Getting old ain't for sissies" category. My sore shoulder snapped on the first tee today and I'm out for a while (again). MRI Tuesday to see what's going on.

It's a race to see who recovers first.

This is terrific news! I bet it made your day (after all that hard work breaking up that concrete)

haha Yea I have to get out of the butt busting concrete business. I went out today for a trial run with my new crutches and just looking down at that stuff hurt my hip. :beat-up: My son impressed the heck out of me with his new journey. I have a bunch to be thankful for as I'm out walking on the road to recovery :thumb:

Love ya Bill, get well soon!! Team Chad forever!! :blob::D

So glad to hear your gonna be just fine ya' Ol' Coot. And the news about your son is just fantastic !

From one "Bill" to another....get well soon!!

Love ya Bill, get well soon!! Team Chad forever!! :blob::D

Back at ya partner :thumb:

I just can't get over how many well wishes I've received since breaking my butt! :bulgy-eyes: This family is truly special :friends:

Here's another one for the "Getting old ain't for sissies" category. My sore shoulder snapped on the first tee today and I'm out for a while (again). MRI Tuesday to see what's going on.

Ummmm, that's Ken earlier this year, Bill & you with injuries. I think I am resigning from the Old Coots club if that is a requirement.

Seriously Don, take care of yourself. You and Bill need to get healed so we can have our Old Coots outing in Dalton/Big Canoe this year rather than next.

Per Lefty78: Here's another one for the "Getting old ain't for sissies" category. My sore shoulder snapped on the first tee today and I'm out for a while (again). MRI Tuesday to see what's going on.

Dang brother I sure hate to hear this! :beat-up: I wished we lived closer so we could have a rock off. :D Prayers and well wishes for your shoulder Don and stay in touch.

edit: If I get to play again by the end of this year, it will be over and above what my expectations are. I'm going to take as long as I need to feel normal or at least close to it before I stick a peg in the ground. Lesson learned after my third time on this train that healing time takes longer, especially when doing activities that irritate the healing process.

Be careful buddy and next year will be waiting on ya if that is what it takes :thumb:

Last edited:
Ummmm, that's Ken earlier this year, Bill & you with injuries. I think I am resigning from the Old Coots club if that is a requirement.

Seriously Don, take care of yourself. You and Bill need to get healed so we can have our Old Coots outing in Dalton/Big Canoe this year rather than next.

Naw Randy, you can't resign. Just keep that horse shoe over your door...wait a minute, it didn't help me much.

Thanks, the club championship is out this weekend, kind of annoying since it is one I look forward to all year. I'm hoping nothing worse than maybe some arthroscopy to get things back working again. It should help my putting since that's all I can do right now.

Dang brother I sure hate to hear this! :beat-up: I wished we lived closer so we could have a rock off. :D Prayers and well wishes for your shoulder Don and stay in touch.

edit: If I get to play again by the end of this year, it will be over and above what my expectations are. I'm going to take as long as I need to feel normal or at least close to it before I stick a peg in the ground. Lesson learned after my third time on this train that healing time takes longer, especially when doing activities that irritate the healing process.

Hey, listen to your body, a hip probably won't want you swinging too soon!

Be careful buddy and next year will be waiting on ya if that is what it takes :thumb:

Same to ya, it will happen all in good time!

Glad to see your getting out and about OG.

Il keep that in mind and use it for inspiration during my first day or two afterward.

Wishing you well OG!

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

Wishing you a speedy recovery. You have to be able to play by October in N. GA.

Wishing you a speedy recovery. You have to be able to play by October in N. GA.

Man I know this sucks but I will be out until November or later. When my family doctor who is an internist found out about my accident, she requested I come see her asap. She said something along the lines that someone at my age (63) should not have broken my hip falling from the height that I did. If she would have seen how hard my hip slammed into the pavement she might have changed her tune. Anyways she wants to do a bone density test. I have had some issues with balance and sore muscles that we are focusing on too.

I really don't see me being able to play any more golf in 2014 :beat-up::at-wits-end:

Wish Ole Gray Well

The important part buddy is to get it all fixed and under control. Give up golf for a few months...or shut it down way to early all together.

Were thinking about you partner

The important part buddy is to get it all fixed and under control. Give up golf for a few months...or shut it down way to early all together.

Kelly was telling me look at the hip fracture as a blessing in disguise. It will give my knee (which constantly stays swollen with pain), the proper time to heal. I think she's right :thumb:

Kelly was telling me look at the hip fracture as a blessing in disguise. It will give my knee (which constantly stays swollen with pain), the proper time to heal. I think she's right :thumb:

I agree with KB! You're lucky to have her buddy!

OG, can't believe I missed this, this week. I hope you're well, and I wish you a speedy recovery buddy!

Definitely take the time to get yourself sorted OG, would hate to see you hop back on the horse too soon and do yourself more damage

You still got plenty years left in ya, unless you wind KB up too much....

Man I know this sucks but I will be out until November or later. When my family doctor who is an internist found out about my accident, she requested I come see her asap. She said something along the lines that someone at my age (63) should not have broken my hip falling from the height that I did. If she would have seen how hard my hip slammed into the pavement she might have changed her tune. Anyways she wants to do a bone density test. I have had some issues with balance and sore muscles that we are focusing on too.

I really don't see me being able to play any more golf in 2014 :beat-up::at-wits-end:

I was wondering about bone density. Glad you have a good doc looking after you. That's how it should be!!

Get well soon OG. Wishing you a fast, complete and as comfortable of a recovery as possible.

I was wondering about bone density. Glad you have a good doc looking after you. That's how it should be!!

If the rest of my bones were as dense as my head, I'd be alright :alien:

If the rest of my bones were as dense as my head, I'd be alright :alien:

Well if you would've fallen on your head... No seriously, when I saw KellyBo's facebook post I was concerned and glad when she told me the whole scoop. Take care of yourself good buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back