Wish Ole Gray Well

Well if you would've fallen on your head... No seriously, when I saw KellyBo's facebook post I was concerned and glad when she told me the whole scoop. Take care of yourself good buddy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Mary. My doc was talking to me after surgery and said he would show us the xrays next Tuesday. I cracked/broke it in two places and he put it back together with a few screws and a plate which drew it back together for support. No golf for 3 months so I'm pretty much done for the year. He also said there was a possibility if the injury did not heal correctly, the bone would die and a total hip replacement could be in my immediate future. I'm a little scared of what the possibilities are and at the same time dealing with what is going on at the moment.. Lot's of pain, lot's of meds, lot's of sitting on my arse.

All the very best. Really hoping for a fast and good recovery from this bump in the road .

Thanks Mary. My doc was talking to me after surgery and said he would show us the xrays next Tuesday. I cracked/broke it in two places and he put it back together with a few screws and a plate which drew it back together for support. No golf for 3 months so I'm pretty much done for the year. He also said there was a possibility if the injury did not heal correctly, the bone would die and a total hip replacement could be in my immediate future. I'm a little scared of what the possibilities are and at the same time dealing with what is going on at the moment.. Lot's of pain, lot's of meds, lot's of sitting on my arse.

Hang in there my friend! Sending lots of prayers for a speedy recovery!

If it comes to a hip replacement and you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line - my dad had one a number of years ago but if there is anything I can ask him for you, just let me know

If it comes to a hip replacement and you have any questions, feel free to drop me a line - my dad had one a number of years ago but if there is anything I can ask him for you, just let me know

Thanks partner. Hopefully that will be a non issue but ya never know. Dayuuuumm I'm getting tired of my right leg/side of my body taking hits. :beat-up:

Ole Gray,
This is what happens when you're acting like a randy young rooster and hanging off the chandelier again. :nono: (as close to an Ole Grayism as I can get)

Listen to your Docs and let your body heal. As we "mature" that seems to take a lot longer then it used to but you should be right as rain by the spring thaw. (wow, I think I just channeled my inner Ole Gray for a second)

Here's to a speedy recovery!!:drinks::egyptian::golf2::golf3::golf::bananadance::banana::blob::deadhorse::friends:

Kelly was telling me look at the hip fracture as a blessing in disguise. It will give my knee (which constantly stays swollen with pain), the proper time to heal. I think she's right :thumb:

Kelly is very wise, listen to her buddy and you will be fine.

Ole Gray,
This is what happens when you're acting like a randy young rooster and hanging off the chandelier again. :nono: (as close to an Ole Grayism as I can get)

Listen to your Docs and let your body heal. As we "mature" that seems to take a lot longer then it used to but you should be right as rain by the spring thaw. (wow, I think I just channeled my inner Ole Gray for a second)

Here's to a speedy recovery!!:drinks::egyptian::golf2::golf3::golf::bananadance::banana::blob::deadhorse::friends:

Man you're good Duff! I think you could be my brother.....:D :bulgy-eyes:

You're scaring me Bill. Bad enough that I won't be able to tee it up with my buddy for the rest of the year. But a hip replacement would mean an even longer golf hiatus. Just take it easy for awhile and let that fracture heal up real good. Maybe by Christmas you'll be good as new and be back with us on the course. We'll be praying that's the worse case.

You're scaring me Bill. Bad enough that I won't be able to tee it up with my buddy for the rest of the year. But a hip replacement would mean an even longer golf hiatus. Just take it easy for awhile and let that fracture heal up real good. Maybe by Christmas you'll be good as new and be back with us on the course. We'll be praying that's the worse case.

That's my plan good buddy . Now if the hip joint will not kick the bucket , we'll be good to go .. I've been on the side lines too much this year already, I don't need even more time off . I really want Kelly and I to play your course by year end. I've heard so many good things about it!

If the rest of my bones were as dense as my head, I'd be alright :alien:

Thanks for the early morning laugh buddy lol, I'm right there with ya.

This is what my hip looks like with the pins installed which tightens the break/fracture back as a unit. I'm trying to talk KellyBo into taking me to the gym so I can do some stationary bicycle reps along with some sitting upper body workouts. It shouldn't be an issue but I can't sell her on it. I'll have to wait until tomorrow to get my docs green light so I can get out of the house and do something to keep me fit :beat-up:

Last edited:
Listen to Kelly. There's no big rush. I'm sure you're getting a little bit bored, but best not to risk anything too soon.

God Bless you, Ole Gray, and Godspeed!!!! Best wishes for a quick recovery.

You don't want to rush yourself after a hip op OG, take it easy and boss KB around for a change....just don't tell her I said that :whistle:

Put your feet up and let the world stroll on by, you have got plenty golf left in you yet

Damn OG!!! I'm gonna start calling you either RoboCop or the Million Dollar Bionic Man! Thinking about you buddy!

Was thinking of this fella today!

Get well soon Bill!!

Hope your continuing to feel better Bill. But don't overdo it or rush it.

OG,
You should really let the bones heal before you start doing too much. I know you're not used to sitting around but it's a shorter recovery than a hip replacement. Just hang out on the front porch and pretend you're retired.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

My thoughts about you OG when reading this, is that you're one tough SOB. And I mean that in a good way!. Your hip ain't kicking any buckets and you'll be golfing before you know it. Wishing you well buddy.

Feel better sir! Here's to a successful and speedy recovery!

OG,
Just checking up on the old coot.
What did the sawbones say during your last visit?
Sure hope you're feeling better.

Hope you get to feeling better soon, OG!!!

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

OG,
Just checking up on the old coot.
What did the sawbones say during your last visit?
Sure hope you're feeling better.

I have my first post op visit (2 weeks) September 2nd so I'll be hammering the doc into letting me hit my gym again.. I miss it soooooo much and I can structure my exercise around my hip injury. If I'm going to keep my sanity, I need my gym time as it has healing powers. I honestly believe this :thumb:

I have my first post op visit (2 weeks) September 2nd so I'll be hammering the doc into letting me hit my gym again.. I miss it soooooo much and I can structure my exercise around my hip injury. If I'm going to keep my sanity, I need my gym time as it has healing powers. I honestly believe this :thumb:

Keep your sanity. Thats adorable OG.

Back