What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
91 today, shot a 40 on the front nine with my first 2 birdies of the year. :clapp: Followed by a lovely 51 on the back nine with 2 snowmen. :banghead:

Would/should have been my first time ever breaking 90...I love this game...

Played a short muni (6,100) yards in Indy and shot a 77 (par 70) made possible by 65% fairways and 55% GIRs. My shortgame wasn't on and scoring was pretty schizophrenic: 3 birdies, 8 pars, 3 doubles, 4 bogies and I had 36 putts.

Played August Ranch (Executive Course) and shot an 81 lol. First time on a real course (previous was simulator) with my new clubs (Irons, 3 wood and wedges!). Putting killed me today.. One 4 putt after I put my 3 wood about 10 yards from the hole. It was the front 9 that absolutely killed me. Once I hit the back nine, everything was good.

Shot my best yet on Tuesday.

Managed an 83. Actually had a legit shot at breaking 80...but went double, bogey, double in my last 3 holes.

I did only putt 30 times though with ZERO three putts! Thats a huge accomplishment for me. Cutting the FGP2w down to 33" and adding the 12g of lead tape has made it practically point and shoot!

AND I had 2 birdies and an EAGLE!

My long game is better than it has ever been, but, the irons are now lacking....which is new to me.

Shot my best yet on Tuesday.

Managed an 83. Actually had a legit shot at breaking 80...but went double, bogey, double in my last 3 holes.

I did only putt 30 times though with ZERO three putts! Thats a huge accomplishment for me. Cutting the FGP2w down to 33" and adding the 12g of lead tape has made it practically point and shoot!

damn thats a nice round Jman! Nice putting too, draining putts makes a HUGE difference!

First round of the year. I played two balls, one from the 1,910 yard tees and one from the 1,730 yard tees, both par 31. Shot 41 and 37, respectively. Had one penalty shot, my second shot on the ninth hole with the first ball found a pond I didn't know was there. Shot the 41 with a regular backswing and the 37 with the no swing backswing (No Swing Backswing article). That was weird but I hit them a lot straighter and usually longer. Used it for all shots, including putting. It feels strange right now but I might switch to it full time if it works on a long course.

damn thats a nice round Jman! Nice putting too, draining putts makes a HUGE difference!

Thanks Kevin. Its coming around, this is only the second year I've played more than twice a year...and I used to work at a golf course!

The biggest things for me have getting my equipment straigt, I've been finding more fairways (or at least in play drives) and the putter for sure. I've never been that consistant but, I'll jinx myself here, I think I've finally found a stick that fits me and the RST just helps keep me in flow. I really didn't care for my FGP2w a ton until I hacked off the 2 inches...wow what a difference!

The eagle on the par 5 530 yard 9th was bliss! Blasted drive to middle of fairway, 4 wood to fringe, 11 footer to the bottom of the cup! It set the tone for my back 9...until the last three haha.

First round of the year. I played two balls, one from the 1,910 yard tees and one from the 1,730 yard tees, both par 31. Shot 41 and 37, respectively. Had one penalty shot, my second shot on the ninth hole with the first ball found a pond I didn't know was there. Shot the 41 with a regular backswing and the 37 with the no swing backswing (No Swing Backswing article). That was weird but I hit them a lot straighter and usually longer. Used it for all shots, including putting. It feels strange right now but I might switch to it full time if it works on a long course.

First off, great round. Sounds like you'll be giving lessons at the Midwest if you can make it, lol. I just watched that video and looks pretty cool, thanks for sharing it. I'd not heard of it before, but sounds like something new to try. It looks like their still making a back swing, but from a much better starting position.

shot 49 thru 9...
pretty windy... got in jail 2x and couldnt get out... stupid trees!

I am stunned by today's results. Waiting on a friend, I hit the range. Ugly gives it no justice. I topped every drive and dug on the iron's, wtf. On the course it's lights out, for me, hehe. 78 today with two double boggies. Putted lights out, 29 putts. Thought I had a hole in one, hit the pin and stopped 2 1/2 feet away for an up hill put. Crazy stuff today, I'll take it.

Dang duey, you are going to DOMINATE at the MW Outing next month!!! Nice work!

God terrible day today.. 30KM/H winds.

Shot a 44 today... 2 pars, 1 birdie, 3 bogeys, 3 doubles. Just couldn't get anything going.

Got to play 9 today and shot a +4 40. My irons are coming around and again the SeeMore shined as I had only 14 putts and NOTHING worse than two-putts.

Went 2 birdies, 2 bogey's, 2 doubles, and 3 pars. One of the birds was a chip in from about 35 feet, the doubles were complete mental lapses in the short game.

Wednesday 4/14 Gordon Lakes Pine 3200 yds
80 F at 1610 tee time - light breeze

1 par 4 3
2 par 4 5
3 par 5 5
4 par 3 3
5 par 4 4
6 par 3 3
7 par 5 5
8 par 4 4
9 par 4 4

Score 36 (E)

A perfect afternnon for 9, and I take advantage. I ran down a nice 20 footer at the first for birdie. Then after a nice recovery left a strange downhill putt that I couldn't get near - to get on line I needed to putt over the fringe, but that was a gamble because it likely would've stayed off the green; so, I hugged the fringe and got to 8 feet - the closest I probably could get - then didn't make that. Then it was par city, hitting 6 of the next 7 greens. At the last I looked at the GPS on the cart, and it said I was 113 out - I hit a perfect AW - right into the front trap - I looked in the cart again and the GPS said 120 - ARRGGGGH - I know better than to trust it. I came out a bit long but made the downhill twister from 14 feet to save the par and the par round.

Well My girl and I are starting to get a regular sort of golf game together. We went out and played Tuesday for a quick 9. I was having some trouble off of the tee and couldn't quite figure out what was going on. I got 5 tee and was waiting for the group to clear and I was just bouncing a ball off of the face to kill a minute and I heard a funny sound. I looked down and I had cracked the face of my driver. No wonder the ball was going no where. Anyway the irons and short game were quite good. I hit 1 fairway, I hit 7 greens and made 2 birdies....the last is a par 5 and I hit 3 wood 3 wood into the green side bunker. Brutal lie in there and my girl bet me dinner that I could get up and down. I figured why not. I got in the bunker hit it just like I wanted.....1 hop and dunk for the eagle! A 9 hole round at 4 under and a free dinner. It was a good day.

I had an interesting round last time I played my own ball (last Wednesday). Started off pretty well and things went downhill after that.

Hole.....Par....Score
9.........4.........5 (3-putt)
Out....36........34 (9 greens, 5/7 fairways, 16 putts and then the wheels came off)
14.......4.........6 (ish - lost a ball and chucked one down in the fairway)
In.......36.......43
Total...72.......77 ugh

Well My girl and I are starting to get a regular sort of golf game together. We went out and played Tuesday for a quick 9. I was having some trouble off of the tee and couldn't quite figure out what was going on. I got 5 tee and was waiting for the group to clear and I was just bouncing a ball off of the face to kill a minute and I heard a funny sound. I looked down and I had cracked the face of my driver. No wonder the ball was going no where. Anyway the irons and short game were quite good. I hit 1 fairway, I hit 7 greens and made 2 birdies....the last is a par 5 and I hit 3 wood 3 wood into the green side bunker. Brutal lie in there and my girl bet me dinner that I could get up and down. I figured why not. I got in the bunker hit it just like I wanted.....1 hop and dunk for the eagle! A 9 hole round at 4 under and a free dinner. It was a good day.

Can't beat that, lol. Sorry to hear about the driver though.

43 at a golf course I had never Played in a tournament..... 7 bogeys 2 pars.

43 at a golf course I had never Played in a tournament..... 7 bogeys 2 pars.

44 at the same course and ive never played it either. 2 doubles, 4 bogeys, and 3 pars.

Played Western Skies in Gilbert, AZ yesterday. Par 72 and I shot an 88. Much better day striking my irons. Putting was better too. My drives were killing me. I had 5 drops because of drives into houses. lol. Ugh.. I'm coming over the top Im assuming because it starts out left and keeps going. Like a 45 degree angle. At least Im not keeping the clubface open. Im very happy with the 88 because my 21* hybrid rocked today.

I played 18 Wednesday and shot 37/41 78 and I played 18 today and shot 42/40 for an 82. Today I was not hitting the ball very well but still managed to score fairly well. Tomorrow they have a Demo day at my course. Cleveland, Ping, Taylor Made, Cobra, and Adams. So I get to go have some fun hitting clubs for a couple of hours. Looking for a new 3 wood and I am always looking for a new driver. :angel:

I shot a 96 today with 36 putts on a pretty tough course. The Driver sucked but my irons seemed to be working.

Hole Par Score
1 4 4
2 4 5
3 5 5
4 3 5
5 4 4
6 4 5
7 3 3
8 4 5
9 5 5
Out 42
10 3 4
11 5 5
12 4 4
13 4 5
14 4 6
15 3 3
16 5 5
17 4 4
18 4 6
In 43
Total 85

I played customer golf Friday, in a Lauderdale fund-raiser for Augusta State University Athletic Department, as the guest of one of the companies I deal with. We were supposed to be a decently strong team, with me and the senior champion of the course we were playing (Forest Hills, ASU's home course) on it, but he got tied up at work and couldn't get away, and we were basically me and 3 'C' players. That said, they were great guys and everyone contributed nicely, and I played very well, and we shot 59, definitely a bit over our heads. The tournament had a few twists - at the par 5 9th, 2 ASU mens golf team players hit drives for each team, leaving us wedge home; at the par 5 11th, 2 ASU womens team players (both from Sweden) hit drives for us from the ladies tees, which left us wedges home again; and at the par 3 13th 2 more ASU ladies hit the tee shot in addition to ours - one of them hit her shot of the day for us (it was 133 - I hit PW to 15 feet, she hit 5 iron to 4 feet! She was tiny, maybe 5'1" , but she got it done!). After the tourney we were fed quite nicely, including some wonderful ribs grilled by the ASU athletic director Clint Bryant himself - a tasty cap to a fun day.

I am such a terrible golfer right now. I don't have my irons back yet so I ended up using these 1980's Wilson Blades I found just for fun. They looked like a peice of metal was taken and just carved into a golf club. I hit such a flush shot on 10 and the 7 iron head went flying down the fairway.

I shot a 43. I haven't shot lower than that yet.

Dent, I think you need to count your clubs. Looks like you might be cheating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back