THP FL Demo Day Feedback

GolferGal

Chick Norris
Boss Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Golf
The THP Florida Golf Outing/Demo Day (THP FL Golf Outing - The Hackers Paradise) was even more fun then we could have ever imagined. The company was simply amazing and we were all lucky enough to demo so many clubs and accessories from some of the greatest companies in the golf industry. Below is a list and pictures of all the companies that participating. This event was a huge success and we are already planning the next one!!

We would like the THP'ers who were able to attend to please use this thread as a place to post your comments on the different equipment. The companies are always looking for your feedback. Thank you again to all the companies who supplied the products we couldn't have made this even possible without you.

The Companies:
OnPar GPS - GPS Unit
Izzo - Swami GPS Unit
Evolve Golf - THP Logo Golf Tees
Taylormade Golf - Equipment
Cleveland Classics - Apparel
SeeMore Putters - Equipment
The Golf Ring - Training Aid
Pukka Hats - Hats
Bushnell - GPS & Rangefinder
Scratch Golf - Equipment
Nike Golf - Equipment
Rife - Putters
Bettinardi Golf - Putters
Cleveland Golf - Equipment
Mizuno Golf - Equipment
Spotless Swing Towel - Towels for everybody
Boccieri Golf - Putters (Light, Mid, Heavy) & Wedges
knetgolf - Golf balls
Callaway Golf - Equipment
Fourteen Golf - Equipment
PING - Equipment
Eidolon - Wedges
STX Putters - Equipment

Epoch Golf Tees for everybody
813890393_QUSqX-L.jpg

Izzo Swami GPS
813890426_Vhhjw-L.jpg

Mizuno Wedges
813890328_ph79A-L.jpg

Nike Equipment
813891854_fpDe5-L.jpg

813891824_wEfsM-L.jpg

813891797_Z58iv-L.jpg

Taylormade Equipment
813890230_2WVRJ-L.jpg

813890237_p3y5i-L.jpg

813890187_bXFud-L.jpg

813891769_zhCc9-L.jpg

Callaway Equipment
813890275_CHizV-L.jpg

813891740_mjcFG-L.jpg

Heavy Putter
813890303_899mG-L.jpg

SeeMore Putters
814089128_MFkqB-L.jpg

Knetgolf Golf Balls
829633517_kEUJs-L.jpg

Spotless Swing Towel

829633577_WLKHR-L.jpg

Ping Redwood Putter
831974231_jzMk2-L.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There is so much to say, but I don't have a ton of time right now. I will add more later.

First of all, the Epoch tees were great. Very durable and they looked really sharp with the THP logo on the side. I will be looking them up for sure. The ball sat on them really well.

Knet supplied some great balls and I have already been to there site to check out the prices, which are also very good. The balls looked brand new and we had a great variety to choose from.

The Spotless Swing Towel is going straight on my bag when I get home. It was very useful and worked well with all of the sand I was in. It also did a good job of drying off the grips during our brief rain shower.

The Cleveland Classics shirt feels great and fits really nicely. I will be dropping off there card at my proshop in the hopes that I can get some more to choose from.

The Pukka hat is incredibly comfortable and feels cool on my head. The L/XL size fits my giant melon very well.

I will get into the equipment later, but for now I have to go. Big thanks to all these companies!

i'm not exactly sure if feedback does this experience justice. it was so much more fun than i would've ever imagined. the amount of stuff that was there was amazing. my feedback is going to be a lot different than everyone else's due to the fact that i'm a lefty but i was fortunate enough to demo all the shafts that JB had at the range. correct me if i'm wrong JB but we demo'd the attas, the project x, the miyazaki blue and the miyazaki black, as well as the stock motore in the R9.

it was really an eye opening experience for me. as i've said in many posts before, i hit a high ball. it still gets out there but it's just high. so JB was super cool in spending some time with me on the range, armed with the R9, and a handful of beautiful shafts. i started out with the stock motore. it's a great shaft but immediately JB noticed the high ball flight and that i had a bit of a cut off the tee. a couple of balls later and we put the regular flex attas shaft in. JB made sure that with it being a regular flex i just needed a nice smooth controlled swing. WOW!!! the feel that shaft provided was amazing. it didn't really lower the ball flight but he and i both knew that it wasn't stiff enough, he just wanted me to experience the difference in feel. the whole time JB knew what shaft he wanted me to hit and it was amazing that what he said that shaft would do, it did it. we put the 72gram, stiff, miyazaki black shaft in the R9 and it was exactly what the doctor order. it gave me a much more penetrating ball flight and for the first time in my life i actually felt like i was in control off the tee.

this got a little longer than i expected but here's the main point of my feedback: the shaft is so important. i know it's been preached but until i actually had the means to try it out i never gave shafts much thought. i couldn't have been more ignorant. all i can say is when you're buying your next driver, go ahead and put a shaft in it that works for you. pick JB's brain, pick other forum members brains (i can tell you right now that adwillingham and osahar were super informative) b/c they'll all gladly give you some of their time and information. i learned that there is no stupid questions, and that JB and GG will get you an answer to anything in a heartbeat.

thanks to all the oem's that sent in everything. as mostly a bystander for the day i can tell you that the guys were having a blast. i shared some range space with biggsy, setho, and chuck and those guys hit every driver there. there will be a superfast and a VR driver purchased any day now. plus kevin was there, and we all know that all he needs to do is get his hands on something and it's in his bag, haha.

thanks to GG and JB for being wonderful hosts and allowing us to hang out until way past their bed times. you two are both great people with huge hearts and truly have a passion for all things golf. i seriously can't wait til the next one.

Last edited:
First, thanks to all the companies who supplied equipment for us to try out at the demo day. This gave me and all the participants an opportunity to try out the equipment at our leisure and without any salespeople as we normally have in a big box store. I think that was one of the particularly beneficial aspects of this demo day. I hope we have more just like this.

What I tried and what I thought:

Evolve Golf - THP Logo Golf Tees: Really amazing tees. I was not that familar with them until giving them a go over the weekend. They held up very well and I beleive I used the same tee for the entire round. It was very cool of them to place the THP logo on the tee. I also like the alignment aid on the tees. A great tee that I will use.

Taylormade Golf - Equipment: I tried the new wedges and was very impressed with the feel and responsiveness of them. I was a bit leery of the removable face plates, but they were easy to remove and replace. A good solid wedge which I think will get more peoples attention.

Cleveland Classics - Apparel: Outstanding shirts. They were generous enough to furnish all of us with their new Cleveland Classic shirts. These shirts feel fantastic. I love the lines and the air vents in strategic places to maximize cooling the players. I think these should be sold in every retailer and expect to start seeing them very soon. Great shirt everyone should try.

SeeMore Putters - Equipment: They provided a plethora of putters for us to try out. As a SeeMore person, I was already familar with their line but did roll a few different ones I did not have in my collection. What I did do was listen to other not as familar with them comment on how smooth and well balaced they felt. Many people thought these were fantastic. I had one conversation with an attendee about the new Si line and how the insert and craftshman was exceptional as well as the great price point on that line of putters. He is strongly considering the Si line.

Pukka Hats - Hats: Fantastic hats. I always thought "a hat is a hat" until I put that design on my head. I took my hat off and wore the Pukka the rest of the day. Great design, style, feel and comfort. I appreciate you dontation to our event.

Bushnell - GPS & Rangefinder: I already have the Pro 1600 and cant say enough about the accuracy and optics in the Bushnell rangefinders. Truly exceptional and glad I invested in one.

Scratch Golf - Equipment: Super wedges. Everything I had read was true. Great balance and feel and easy on the eye... a beautiful design.

Nike Golf - Equipment: Tried the Machspeed driver and it just did not do it for me. I heard several others raving over the driver, but the sound did not appeal to me. I do play the Nike Str8t fit and had it with me for the round. Tried both, and I still prefer my Nike Str8t fit.

Bettinardi Golf - Putters: A really solid putter. I tried the Anser style and you could tell this was a high quality putter. Great roll and milled putters are just awesome.

Cleveland Golf - Equipment: Tried out the hybrid set of clubs and could only say WOW! These things were extremly easy to swing, very forgiving and the ball exploded off the face for long and accurate ball flights. One of guys in more foresome was gaming these clubs and his shots were exactly the same long and straight. These are a set many should consider.

Spotless Swing Towel - Towels for everybody: What a great surprise in our "goodie" bags. These towels are fantastic. It keeps the clubs clean. I tried it on the range and on the course to keep grooves and clubs clean. It works!! The textured inside easily wipes the dirt out of the grooves and clean grooves optimizes your performance not matter what level you play. This one should be on everyone's bag if you cant afford a caddie. If you can afford a caddie....then it should be on their bag.

knetgolf - Golf balls: Used the ones they provided and have say they were great. I could not tell the difference. I will be visiting their website for more information to grab me a few dozen to play.

PING - Equipment: Loved the G-15 irons. I picked up a set of these to game for good. I played my first round at the demo day with my new set and was interested in seeing what I could do with them fresh from the Ping factory. They had just arrived the night before I headed to the THP outing so I had not even swung them until the first hole in the round. I was amazed at how they responded. Everything I heard PING was about is true in these clubs. My best score ever is a 92, and with the exception of two holes, I was on the verge of tieing that score. That was great for me with a set of clubs right out of the box I had never used. I feel confident I will break 90 with these clubs really soon.

There was so much equipment to try that I just didnt get to eveything, but hopefully will make up for it at local retailers, demo days or even at the next THP outing. Once again, thanks to the companies, JB and GolferGal.

bump for thanks, kevin, and spank

Re: THP FL Demo Day Feedback

tcalloway1 said:
bump for thanks, kevin, and spank

I'm in class all day today so I'll be commenting later. Y'all better be ready.

All Im going to say right now is I have some updating to do lol

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I'm wearing the Cleveland Classics shirt on the plane today and it's extremely comfy. Even received a compliment from the flight attendant on it...when I get my complimentary drink and pretzels I'll ask her if I can quote her for my review

I'm wearing the Cleveland Classics shirt on the plane today and it's extremely comfy. Even received a compliment from the flight attendant on it...when I get my complimentary drink and pretzels I'll ask her if I can quote her for my review

LMAO!!

First, the cart girl and now the flight attendant? You just don't stop, do you? You animal.

Ok here are my thoughts so bear with me:

I am not a rangefinder person and that was confirmed this weekend (way too much coffee didn't help either). My hands just shake way too much to get any accurate reading.

I am sold on the Srixon ZStar Tour Yellows because a) I hit water hazard 5 times and 4 times I was able to recover (which is very hard to do with the muddy bottoms we got at the course) which would have never happened with a standard white, and that 5th one I could have recovered if I had one of those ball retriever thingys. b) It was also helpful to find in the shrubbery all in all I only used 6 balls which is a record for me. c) At the rare chance I did hit it into the green stuff I could spot it at least 250-280 yards away, easy. d) It was the first time I ever saw one of my approaches actually back up and for a guy who still hasn't broken 100, that's a big thing, and this happened a few more times as well. e) It just felt good all around although I did have to adjust my putting to roll it farther because of the soft face. When JB and I were talking about the cost value of this ball we compared it to some of the balls I was playing and the difference in cost was minuscule because of the higher chance of recovery. At my playing level that's important because I can't fathom losing a box of $40 balls every time out. I'm sold... I switched to Srixon.

Drivers & woods: after my arms feeling like noodles after the range session I decided to keep my R9 with the DVS because there was really nothing out there that spoke to me. I finally demystified the Fourteen driver that I was just curious if the driver justified the $'s. As a high cap I would say no because I couldn't justify a price point that high. For that kind of price I want that puppy to save some of my shots and in the end it didn't. I liked the SuperFast 3 wood although it did take some time for me to adjust to it. It's sweet but I just felt my R9 was better suited for me. I didn't really get to do the old switcheroo on the shafts so I was bummed about that. Maybe next time.

Irons & Wedges: Here's one shocker... I really liked the AP1's. I was so scared to hit these sticks but Kevin told me to try them and just see what happens and wham I picked a few downtown. Nice control as well and for the whole "Titleist" mystique, I think they have a winner with those irons. The other item that shocked me was the TM XFT wedge. With the gadgetry going on with the removable face I was expecting something clicky and light and what I got some solid pops and good maneuverability. I'm used to the heavier club head since I have the Vokey's and this was similar in balance.

Putters: Just a precursor to this so y'all know what I am comfortable with I putt with an Anser style blade with a plumbers neck. I am also an insert guy since the milled stuff just doesn't agree with me. I walked away loving 2 putters... the Bettinardi Anser style blade (surprise since it's not an insert putter) and the Nike Method 001 (which you can partially say is not an insert as well). Either one of these would find a spot in my bag. JB, if you can score me a sweet deal with either or both I'm down. Of course just get me the shortest size they got so I can cut it down further. :D

Everything else: I never tried the Epoch tees until now and they are great. Very durable, ball placement was easy and I noticed the tip was sharper than the zero frictions I usually game (which made it easier to stick in the grass and clean some grooves) and it stayed that way. The Spotless Swing towel is money. That went in the bag ASAP and it will stay there as long as it will keep cleaning my clubs like the way it did on the course. The Chromax balls look like christmas ornaments and I will be drilling a hole in them so I can hang them on the tree next XMas. Not the ball for me. I have not seen the Knet site yet but if you get Tour Yellows I will buy some (although that might be hard because people can recover them easier) since you put out a good product (better than most of the re - balls out there). The Cleveland Classic shirt and the Pukka hat were pimp. Great quality.

Thanks to THP and all the companies that participated. I felt like a kid in a candy store with all that equipment to demo.

Whew, did I miss anything?

awesome stuff spank. kind felt like you were sitting next to me telling me about your day. the fourteen drivers have the best looking headcovers though!

awesome stuff spank. kind felt like you were sitting next to me telling me about your day. the fourteen drivers have the best looking headcovers though!

Yeah they do and OEM Kevin fell in love with the JC-909. I have a huge list of my experiences with all of the equipment that I will get to tomorrow. I tried just about every single thing out there and will give my thoughts on every single one.

I'll have to +1 on that.

That's one pretty $700 head cover. :D

Yeah they do and OEM Kevin fell in love with the JC-909. I have a huge list of my experiences with all of the equipment that I will get to tomorrow. I tried just about every single thing out there and will give my thoughts on every single one.

sorry JB, but that just doesn't surprise me at all, lol.

can't wait to hear your feedback on the stuff, as i know a lot of people can't wait to hear your thoughts.

sorry JB, but that just doesn't surprise me at all, lol.

can't wait to hear your feedback on the stuff, as i know a lot of people can't wait to hear your thoughts.

+1 on both... so is that a +2?

Maybe you and OEM can work out a trade for it! Maybe a putter or something. :clapp:

Good to see you on here Smallie I am glad you made it home safely! You know how this old lady worries.

Ooops!

I made it home GG!

Maybe you and OEM can work out a trade for it! Maybe a putter or something. :clapp:

smalls, which putter of oem's did JB fancy? the seemore or the odyssey?

I have the same SeeMore already, but that Odyssey was nice. I am not sure I would game it, but I definitely would put it into the rack.

I have the same SeeMore already, but that Odyssey was nice. I am not sure I would game it, but I definitely would put it into the rack.

i love that odyssey of oem's (i'm still struggling with the name change but it's just way too appropriate). it felt great. do you prefer a heel shafted putter, or are you more of a straight back and straight thru guy?

Spank818 said:
First, the cart girl and now the flight attendant? You just don't stop, do you? You animal.

Grrrrr. Woof woof!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spank818 said:

Oh and the Flight attendant was ridonkulously cute and had a thing for me. Cleveland classics shirt + Pukka hat= the "go to travel outfit"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back