THP FL Demo Day Feedback

I didn't try the Jaws wedges. There was so much, I just missed them. I play a "FGP" Blade by SeeMore but I totally loved the Si3 Mallet. I tried the Anser style for my round on Saturday but had more three putts than two putts that round. I'm sure it wasn't just the putter though. Those greens were HUGE so it was possible to three putt any hole.

I have really been eyeballing the Si3, did you rol it any and what was it like?

I would like to hear more if possible about how folks liked or disliked the SeeMore putters, and the Callaway Jaws wedges. Between JB and what you guys have said so far you have me dying to try out the TM superfast FW, the bad thing about that is I am afraid i would want to bag it and my current FW just got reshafted.

i will say this wulff, the seemore putters are 1. beautiful 2. feel phenomenal 3. they work. the RST is fantastic. it's nice to know that you can putt exactly where you are aimed. my biggest concern was that i would worry too much about "hiding the red" and that speed would be an issue but like so many of the guys said, "once you start putting with one, once you line it up, hide the red, you don't really worry about it".

I have really been eyeballing the Si3, did you rol it any and what was it like?

I used it for Sunday's round. I putted much better and drained several good length ones. I've never used a mallet before so I tried it on Saturday on the practice green and almost used it for Saturday's round. I wish I had since I putted so poorly that day. If I had known the greens would be so different (size-wise) at each course I would have. I may have putted better because the rain slowed Sunday's greens down a lot, but I think it was more of a putter issue.

TC is 100% right about his points 1, 2 and 3. I've used one since 2000 and I don't know if I could go to another and be comfortable. I tried many of the putters at the demo, but kept going back to the SeeMores.

I used it for Sunday's round. I putted much better and drained several good length ones. I've never used a mallet before so I tried it on Saturday on the practice green and almost used it for Saturday's round. I wish I had since I putted so poorly that day. If I had known the greens would be so different (size-wise) at each course I would have. I may have putted better because the rain slowed Sunday's greens down a lot, but I think it was more of a putter issue.

TC is 100% right about his points 1, 2 and 3. I've used one since 2000 and I don't know if I could go to another and be comfortable. I tried many of the putters at the demo, but kept going back to the SeeMores.

Thanks for the info, I know the Si3 has an insert, but does the one you normally game have one also and which do you prefer?

I'm going to try and get my thoughts down later tonight on everything - I've been trying to catch up but haven't had time since getting home so far.

Looking forward to it Osahar.

Thanks for the info, I know the Si3 has an insert, but does the one you normally game have one also and which do you prefer?

His regular one does not have an insert RW.

Drivers - I tried a few of them. The Fourteen JC-909 was a great driver. So was the Srixon Z-TX. The Taylormade Burner SuperFast didn't work for me. I was all over with no control. The rest I'd already tested earlier in the year so didn't really go back and try them again. The Miyazaki shafts were great, the reviews did not exagerate one bit!

Irons - Tried several of them. The Mizuno MX-1000 was super forgiving, which is great for my game.
Wilson D-FY Half & Half - Interesting concept. They worked well, but seemed a bit 'odd' - I think it was the shaft.
Taylormade R9 - Very soft, good forgiveness - probably the best all-around iron I've ever hit. The KBS Tour shafts on them didn't hurt either (I dove into SethO's bag thinking it was JB's - oops!)
Nike MachSpeed - First impression, they were designed by someone working for the Empire's Tie division. But after hitting them, I can't knock the performance. They get the ball up high, fast, and carry really well. For my game, I'd say it'd be between these and the MX-1000 as my best fit.

Wedges - Tons of them present, but I only hit a couple
Cleveland CG15 - Wow...just wow! Loved the way they felt, and seemed to put good spin on the ball.
Taylormade xFT - Not quite as good as the CG15, but much better than I expected from a wedge with a replaceable face - I couldn't even tell the difference.

Putters - I tried out probably a dozen different putters, but honestly didn't like any of them as much as my Rife Two Bar Hybrid. Blades and I just do not get along, and the larger mallets in attendance did not feel right to me.

Accessories - Lot of them to try out and/or take home.
Epoch Tees - I liked these a lot. So far, I haven't managed to break one and will be using them unless something strange happens.
Knet Golf Balls - Good quality, seemed just as good as the "other" company popular on the forums for used golf balls.
Spotless Swing Towel - Great concept and towel! It now has a permanent spot on my golf bag.
Distance Measuring - I was only able to try out the Bushnell Tour V2 and Pro 1600. I didn't really care for the laser devices that much - looking forward to trying out a GPS to see if I like it better.
Pukka - Great hat - definitely in the permanent rotation for wear.
Cleveland Classics - I love the shirt. It came in handy after the Sunday round, since I decided to play a shot from the edge of the water and had manage to splatter muck all over my shirt. Swapped into the Cleveland Classics for the drive home, and love it. Very comfortable material.

I think that's everything....but I probably missed a few items in there.

It came in handy after the Sunday round, since I decided to play a shot from the edge of the water and had manage to splatter muck all over my shirt. Swapped into the Cleveland Classics for the drive home, and love it. Very comfortable material.

I didn't know you were a mudder? Although it shouldn't surprise me since you play those Space Coast tracts... or should I say mud bogs.

Re: THP FL Demo Day Feedback

Sweet review Osahar!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nice stuff osahar. glad you had that spare shirt to change into. after hearing your thoughts on the R9's and after a nice conversation i had with JB about them i'm going to have to take a serious look at those irons. i've been thinking about them since i left the babbitt's house saturday night, and that's not a good thing.

I didn't know you were a mudder? Although it shouldn't surprise me since you play those Space Coast tracts... or should I say mud bogs.

LOL, first and ONLY time I'll be doing that. Next time, I just take a drop and keep the clothing clean.....

tcalloway1 said:
still waiting for yours big fella.

Hoping to have it up tomorrow if poss.

Osahar said:
+1 - Where's the review from the man who put racing stripes on the rental?

I know not of this man who you speak of

I know not of this man who you speak of

You may regret that line when the new caption this goes up tomorrow. hehe

JB said:
You may regret that line when the new caption this goes up tomorrow. hehe
I already have the winning caption figured out haha

Irons - Tried several of them. The Mizuno MX-1000 was super forgiving, which is great for my game.
Wilson D-FY Half & Half - Interesting concept. They worked well, but seemed a bit 'odd' - I think it was the shaft.
Taylormade R9 - Very soft, good forgiveness - probably the best all-around iron I've ever hit. The KBS Tour shafts on them didn't hurt either (I dove into SethO's bag thinking it was JB's - oops!)

I am glad that you got to try them out!

I already have the winning caption figured out haha

no, you can't win, you'll have an unfair advantage.

Demo Day Feedback

Demo Day Feedback

First off big thanks to all the OEM's that sent equipment to test out and abuse, it was awesome to see it all out on the range. And of course a big thanks to GG and JB for making it all happen. I was excited the minute I walked in the door to help load up. There was just so much stuff to try it was like Golf Galaxy outside and no sales people hovering. Unless you count JB hovering over my driver lol

So I think I hit more drivers then anything else. It was awesome to hit one, grab another one and then something else. No stupid tape and no stupid fake screen.

Drivers:
Ping G15 - If you didnt notice, I really liked this driver. It went straight and far with what seemed like little effort. I think I heard JB say it was like cheating. This one went into my bag for both days of golf. It seems it actually never left my bag lol. Taylor Made R9 Super Tri - This was an awesome hitting machine. Both days I hit this driver, first swing went long and straight. It also had a real nice shaft in it, I think it was the orange Attas shaft. Loved this driver. I didnt think Id be able to hit this one but it surprised me. Fourteen Golf JC909 - Hopefully I got the name right for this driver because I WANT IT! Talk about a long bomber. Best looking head cover of the lot and crazy long distance. And no one has it. That makes me want it. Taylor Made Burner SuperFast - Super easy and sweet swinging with as much distance as any club out there. I thought this one might be too long as far as the shaft was concerned but it worked and worked well. Some of the drivers that just didnt work for me were the Nike Machspeed it was just too strange to look at and the Callaway FTiz, which I took three swings in a row and they all were worm burners.

Irons-
I really liked the Callaway Diablo Edge irons. They were SUPER easy to hit straight and far. The Cleveland CG7 BP's were also just awesome. Easy and forgiving. If you want the easiest to hit clubs ever it had to be that set of Cleveland hybrids. I did not like the Mizunos and I never have. I know everyone else does, not OEM. The biggest surprise in irons for me came in the Titleist AP1's. I couldnt believe how easy they were to hit. I was so surprised I took spanks club out of this hand and made him hit the AP1's. They really shocked me because Ive never been a fan of their clubs.

Wedges -
The first wedge I hit was the Callaway Jaws and it was awesome. This club was almost as good as the Cleveland CG15's. Great feel. I also liked the Taylor Made wedge with the changeable face. And my favorite is still the CG14 and CG15's. Amazing wedges.

Putters -
I should have spent more time putting there were SO many putters to play with. A couple that I missed at the range I got to roll later at the THP Compound. I really liked the Taylor Made Vincino, it was super smooth and I loved the look. I also rolled the Cleveland BRZ mallet version and it was super soft, maybe a little too soft for my taste. The GEL putters were just beautiful! And just as soft and nice a roll too. JB has a new SeeMore thats a bigger mallet but wow what a sweet feeling stick. Just super soft but with enough feel too. I forget what model it was but it was NICE!

Other Stuff -
The Spotless swing towel is just freakin awesome. It was a little wet at times and you know what that means, dirty clubs. Just stick the club in the section of the towel with the little bristles and it comes out clean in one swipe. Is it wet too? Theres something for that too on the towel. We each got a Cleveland Classics shirt that is very nice! Im actually wearing it in the pictures thread if you want to check it out. On day two my threesome got to use the Bushnell Tour V2. It takes some getting used to but it worked flawless. It did slow us a down a little bit because we kept getting distances from everything we could laser. Trees behind the green, sand traps, the flag and whatever else.

Im sure I left some stuff out but hopefully I got most of it! Today one of my arms fell off during work, what the hell!! I think it was from all the swings I made in the two days I was there! Super glue reattached it, no worries! haha

Edit: I forgot about the Ping Redwood putter. I was glad to see Ping break down and send this putter as Ive always wanted to try one but I really didnt care for it. Just not my style.

Last edited:
Nice review OEM.

Nice review OEM.

Thank you Keith! I think you need to change your name Keith: SeeMore Keith

You know you love it, dont hate!! lol

Nice review Kev. You forgot to review the shorts you bought at the pro shop! :D

To all the OEM's out there (the real ones, not you Kev), I know you might be reading this... did you notice anything missing in all the reviews? At the next outing could you please send some hybrids (thanks though to Cleveland by providing the DST which unfortunately I didn't get to play with). Preferably ones with no rattle inside the clubhead (Callaway I'm talking to you). Thanks.

I agree, would have liked to seen a lot more hybrids and ones that someone didnt hit too hard and break. Dont look at me! Im OEM!! I really wanted to hit the new G15 hybrid thats really strange looking.

Back