What did you shoot today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Jimmy! Yes it was a bit of a putting problem, every time I stood up to the ball with the putter I got really shaky and just froze after I 4 putted for the first time.

That score should have gotten you on the team though, didn't it Dent?

Re: What did you shoot today?

Dent said:
Yes, thankfully I still did make the team Smalls.
Congrats man. You practice hard and it shows!

nice stuff dent. it's good to see you overcome that adversity in your back 9. helluva score on the front nine man!!! i can't wait to keep up with your progress once your season's started.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post some tournament scores for the season. All we have lined up so far is a Weekly leauge and 2 tournaments to enter.

Thanks guys, I'll be sure to post some tournament scores for the season. All we have lined up so far is a Weekly leauge and 2 tournaments to enter.

i heard from a certain little birdie at the outing that you had some game. i wish you the best of luck this year. i know you're a younger fella and i think you have a good head on your shoulders so i think you'll go far. just don't forget about us.

Go get em Dent! That putting is a hot/cold thing and I'm hoping you can lock in on that super smooth pendalum stroke :eek:)......

I just got done playing 9 holes, started out bogey/bogey but ended up finishing nicely to finish with a 4 over par 40. I was locked in on my short game, new Cleveland CG14 is really working out.

i heard from a certain little birdie at the outing that you had some game. i wish you the best of luck this year. i know you're a younger fella and i think you have a good head on your shoulders so i think you'll go far. just don't forget about us.

Thanks TC! That does mean alot.

I just got done playing 9 holes, started out bogey/bogey but ended up finishing nicely to finish with a 4 over par 40. I was locked in on my short game, new Cleveland CG14 is really working out.

nice p4b! i love my cg14 as well. that's a fine score.

Good job P4B! I love my CG14, the thing just makes life easier. Your going off the black tee's at the Midwest, right?

Thanks TC! That does mean alot.

no problem dent. seriously, don't forget about us. i might want to be your assistant pro one day, hehe.

Lol, at least I won't be lonely. If anything like lately, I won't shoot a 40 from the ladies tee even if I use tee's from the fairway, lol.

Wasnt keeping score because of the 40+ mph winds, but I was averaging pars and mostly bogeys on most holes. I'm guessing I shot in the mid/upper 90s, which in this wind is good, it's showing my improvement...

Was able to keep drives straight and low, only about 10 feet off the deck. Runners that would go for 200-220 yards. Hit more fairways than usual, and a few greens as well.

Wasnt keeping score because of the 40+ mph winds, but I was averaging pars and mostly bogeys on most holes. I'm guessing I shot in the mid/upper 90s, which in this wind is good, it's showing my improvement...

Was able to keep drives straight and low, only about 10 feet off the deck. Runners that would go for 200-220 yards. Hit more fairways than usual, and a few greens as well.

The wind can get wicked here too, especially at my home course which is very flat. It gets to be painful at times. Keep it up sacul!!!

Played a quick 9 holes after work... shot a 40. Opened with a double bogey... but smoothed it out after that.

I played 9 tonight, was off to a great start, bogeys on the first 2 holes (great for me). On the second hole hit a beautiful 7I onto the green from the tee. Then it went downhill quick. I played with the wife and kids, trying to help my wife and keeping my 8 year old from running ahead in the line of fire just put my game in the can. I started slicing my driver badly, I should have slowed down and focused on my take away and swinging inside.

I should have known better and not played instead helping them to enjoy the game. My older son (11) is experienced on the course and can for the most part keep a good pace. I think I ended at 54.

I shot an 83 today, 44/39

Just a terrible front 9. No excuses. Back 9 I was -2 after 3 holes and held on until the 15th hole where I started bogeying and ended up finishing 4 over. Really choked.

I shot 79 yesterday. 41-38. I was pleased as it is my first round breaking 80 this year. I hope it is the first of many more to come this summer. And, as everyone does, I went through my round and know of 3 or 4 strokes that I could have saved, so it could have easily been a 75, which is where I want to be. But I'll take it!

Played nine with Mrs. Esox while Junior Lancer was having a lesson. Shot a 39 from the white tees. I don't like playing from that short but I needed a confidence builder and was trying out my new used driver. Putted well which was nice. Hit a really nice 3w off the deck which is rare and was also kind of nice. Hit irons fat and short on both par threes which pissed me off. How the heck do I hit a ball that's sitting up on a tee fat? Stupid.

It's coming. If it doesn't rain, and it's supposed to, I'll move back to 6,550 on Saturday and have another go with the new used driver. I like the carry.

Kevin

Shot a 47.... Played 9 but it could've been more (had a late start but that isnt why). A group of 3 in front of me hitting 2 balls each. Not exaggerating. Top it off they wouldn't let me play through. Oh well, it happes! I started off with a triple, then double, par, par and it went downhill from there. I caught up to the group and they were a full 2 holes ahead of me to start. I was taking my time too. I'm not good enough yet that I can sit and not stay warm. I need to learn though. I played good last week and today was just one of those days. The service I had at the course was amazing. I will be playing that course from now on. Great rates for the course and the people are really really cool. Maybe a consistant course will help with my play. Any thoughts on that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back