• Gas is best.

Votes: 28 45.9%

• Total voters

mytime

My tounge betrays me.
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
I'm a die hard charcoal guy. Cooking on a gas grill seems like cooking indoors to me. Which do you prefer?

I will not argue with anyone who says charcoal is better than propane, because it is. But I use propane because it is easier. So I picked gas, but with a disclaimer!

Technology has changed a lot with grills and it really comes down to personal preference now. Both have plusses and minuses, but convenience is key for us and we have a wonderful outdoot kitchen that we love that is propane.

Re: Charcaol or gas?

JB said:
Technology has changed a lot with grills and it really comes down to personal preference now. Both have plusses and minuses, but convenience is key for us and we have a wonderful outdoot kitchen that we love that is propane.
+1 on the convenience part

+100 on your outdoor kitchen. That grill was awesome to cook on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

charcoal guy here- got my big green egg last year and absolutely love it - agree propane is easier - but i cant get a propane as hot as charcoal - love the flavor of charcoal.

JB from what I gathered from the pics I've seen your outdoor kitchen is awesome. I understand the convenience factor of gas. Unless I'm cooking a steak or two, BBQ is a 12 hr process for me. Put a rack of ribs and a Boston butt on at 6am and take it off at 6pm. Then I will let the air fire up the remaining coals and cook some burgers and brats.

My best friend got a wood pellet grill last year. I haven't seen it used yet, but he's loving it.

I'm not sure which model, but I'm pretty sure this was the brand:http://www.traegergrills.com/

I no longer have a gas grill, just love the charcoal. Fire the coals, open a beer and play with my wedge or even read a book. Man, I need to thaw out some fish for supper.

I prefer charcoal. We don't grill that much so the inconvience of it isn't that big a deal. I know my parents grilled 3-4 times a week, even in winter, so they prefered the gas for the convience, but Dad always told me he didn't like it as much.

Of course Charcoal tastes better but I use gas for the quick stuff. I do want to pick up a Big Green Egg this summer. I use my gas grill 2-3 times a week.

I have to agree with Smallville. While charcoal is better overall, gas is just simpler to deal with and clean up, thus my vote for gas.

Best grill ever!
Spoiler
BBQgrill.jpg

I have both. I use charcoal when I want the best flavor and gas when Im in a hurry or am cooking a small amount. so charcoal for taste and gas for efficiency.

I have both but use the gas almost exclusively.

Big green egg??

The older I get the more the lighter fluid taste bothers me, but the new Kingsford easy light charcoal works great. I don't get that after taste anymore. The early easylight stuff they had wasn't very good IMHO. I have a black egg instead of a green one, lol. Weber all the way!

The older I get the more the lighter fluid taste bothers me, but the new Kingsford easy light charcoal works great. I don't get that after taste anymore. The early easylight stuff they had wasn't very good IMHO. I have a black egg instead of a green one, lol. Weber all the way!

My dad has a Weber that's going on 20yrs old. Thing keeps on ticking.

I agree the charcoal has the best taste but the gas is the way for me. Just bought a new 4 burner Char-Broil, love it.

My dad has a Weber that's going on 20yrs old. Thing keeps on ticking.

Not too much to break on them and what does is easily replaced. Mine must be 10 years old. I can't cook for a large party, but what get's cooked it good stuff, lol. We are now officially cooking out tonight, thanks THP!

Charcoal all the way. It gives the food a much better flavor.

Has to be hardwood charcoal. No briquettes. I actually do more cooking on my infrared charbroiler on my Wolf range than I do grilling. Too lazy most of the time.

Kevin

I was a charcoal guy for years. Refused to even consider a gas grill. My wife wanted to get one just for the nights when we wanted to throw a quick steak on the grill when we did not have the time to wait for the coals to be ready. Bought a Weber gas grill and haven't fired up the charcoal Weber since. Still think that charcoal tastes better but that gas grill is just so darn convenient.

-Steven

I'm not sure haa haa, we use both. There are certain things that taste better with propane and other things that taste better with charcoal. So it all depends on the mood of whoever is BBQ-ing in my house :)

Charcoal for taste, and doing it right. Gas for the convienence and consistancy.

Charcoal wins, but I usually use gas, go figure!

Charcoal for taste, and doing it right. Gas for the convienence and consistancy.

Charcoal wins, but I usually use gas, go figure!

Same thoughts :)

I have both. The charcoal grill comes out on the weekends when I can sip and beer and take my time. I use the gas more often during the week or when I don't have as much time to spend grilling.

Back