Callaway Big Bertha Hybrids Preview

These look awesom. Just when I was thinking about putting a x2hot 5h in my bag these come out to make my decision harder.

Wow, very surprised to see the adjustable heads after the V-Series woods came out glued.

I think it's a welcome change and something I'd like to see them work into a majority of their lineup.

Agreed.

I'm most interested in the look, I can't help but wonder if its a bit...foretelling...of some of the lines/looks we might see later from Callaway.

Also, I love the silver face on hybrids, IMO black shows way too many ball marks on a hybrid.

What are you two talking about? The V-Series driver is adjustable.

What are you two talking about? The V-Series driver is adjustable.

I believe they were referring to the fairway woods which are glued if I am not mistaken.

Okay. I saw Woods, looked to my left and saw the adjustability.
FW being glued are fine with me. Eliminates the weight in the hosel and I dont know too many that adjust frequently. I like the added adjustment on some of them (see Bio Cell). Thought it hindered on quite a few others.

Hybrids look attractive, but where, where is the look at address? :confused2:

I assume Callaway hasn't released that pic.

I like the cup face tech, slightly rounded sole (slightly more round would make it more versatile), wave and adjustability.

Looking forward to more info and pics.

I'm a huge Callaway fan and I love the look, but $249 is pretty steep for a hybrid.

Hybrids look attractive, but where, where is the look at address? :confused2:

I assume Callaway hasn't released that pic.

I like the cup face tech, slightly rounded sole (slightly more round would make it more versatile), wave and adjustability.

Looking forward to more info and pics.

Nope. Here ya go.

big-bertha-hybrid-address-2014-S.jpg

I am a big Callaway fan, and will probably end up hitting it, but this seems steep for a hybrid IMO price-wise.

Nope. Here ya go.

big-bertha-hybrid-address-2014-S.jpg

Thank you!

Very Bertha-ish head in terms of similarity with its namesake line.

Now I wish we'd see a BBV Hybrid ... more of a rounded look like its lineup... from this post to Hocknell's ears... well, okay, how about a black paint job to go with the BBV line ... :)

These look great. I would love to get my hands on them.

I have basically gamed every Callaway hybrid since the ft iz, and I see that continuing with these. Recoils are very exciting and I'm loving the head shape.

Curious as to why this surprises you? BB line is completely adjustable. The V series is a niche market add to the Callaway family, right?
Wow, very surprised to see the adjustable heads after the V-Series woods came out glued.

I think it's a welcome change and something I'd like to see them work into a majority of their lineup.

Curious as to why this surprises you? BB line is completely adjustable. The V series is a niche market add to the Callaway family, right?

This is the first adjustable hybrid of the recent lines though, X2Hot, X2Hot Pro, and V were all glued.

True, didn't think of that
This is the first adjustable hybrid of the recent lines though, X2Hot, X2Hot Pro, and V were all glued.

This:

Definitely had the X2Hot lineup in mind.

True, didn't think of that

Yeah, I don't know that its that big of a deal to me with the build of these, but I'm surprised it took until this release to put an adjustable one out there.

Okay. I saw Woods, looked to my left and saw the adjustability.
FW being glued are fine with me. Eliminates the weight in the hosel and I dont know too many that adjust frequently. I like the added adjustment on some of them (see Bio Cell). Thought it hindered on quite a few others.

To a point, I think you're right. Getting dialed in and leaving it there is never a bad thing -- However I enjoy the flexibility of a non-glued head. Gives me options regarding loft/face adjustment and the freedom to toy with shafts at the cost of an adapter. I know I am a smaller segment of the market with that in mind, and I respect the idea around added weight near the hosel as well.

Yeah, I don't know that its that big of a deal to me with the build of these, but I'm surprised it took until this release to put an adjustable one out there.

It makes sense since the Xhot line was glued and BB has been adjustable

To a point, I think you're right. Getting dialed in and leaving it there is never a bad thing -- However I enjoy the flexibility of a non-glued head. Gives me flexibility of loft/face adjustment and the freedom to toy with shafts at the cost of an adapter. I know I am a smaller segment of the market with that in mind, and I respect the idea around added weight near the hosel as well.

Translation: We are freaks. :alien:

Its true. Hahahaha

look nice i hope the keep the offset of the X2hot that was very nice

dang I just picked up a 913H but this BB hybrid looks pretty slick...

Yes, these will be going in my bag!

I think I need to hit these.

They're a bit stuck in my noggin.

Back