PGA President Calls Poulter "Lil Girl"

Spoiled, entitled attitude describes Bishop, if you ask me. He is epitome of an attention seeker. Bringer of foot golf. His term can't end quick enough for me.

He shouldn't have said what he said, but I don't have a problem with foot golf. He is coming from the perspective of a course operator trying to stay in business. I understand why they are coming up with creative ways to bring people to the golf course.

He shouldn't have said what he said, but I don't have a problem with foot golf. He is coming from the perspective of a course operator trying to stay in business. I understand why they are coming up with creative ways to bring people to the golf course.
I have no problem with efforts to try to grow golf. I don't think foot golf will do that. It's just a way to produce revenue. Come up with ways to get people to play actual golf on the golf course, not some other game on the course.

My issues with Bishop go far beyond just that. I'm just hoping that his replacement will be more effective while being less visible.

We've seen a lot of Bishop but I'm not sure of what he's really accomplished.

Bishop is dead on the money but should have used different words. The media is all over "protecting" Poulter. Calling him a "little girl" will NOT ruin the game of golf though the golf channel feels it will.. People are so afraid to speak their mind on TV. Seems they are more afraid of loosing their job than standing up..

I call that being prostitutes.....

JMHO..

Sounds like Bishop had a little too much fun at the Faldo residence this week. Oh well, can't say he is wrong.

Perfect time for a yo momma joke. Poulter is slipping.

I like Ted but im not sure Im totally buying his comments

And Luke Donald's tweet made me laugh:

@LukeDonald: Fake news: Task force now being used to search for PR firm for Ted Bishop

Ted bishop showing teeth, I like it. Now go win the Ryder cup

Well, he is a little girl.

Yes, poulter might be a little girl, a complainer, and someone with less class. For the PGA president to resort to name calling is going lower than poulter.

~Rock

Last edited:
I love how sensationalized things get in the era of social media.

Stating the obvious is not the work of a true leader. I agree with Barry, at that position these types of thing do not happen. Embarrassing for the PGA. Grow up and do something for the good of the game. As far as Poults, he's made his bed, now he gets to sleep in it. Fans will get after him unless he rights the ship.

Sad thing is Bishop has probably helped Poults sell copies of his book by this attention. I wouldn't have even known he had a book out. Certainly not interested in reading it.

Sad thing is Bishop has probably helped Poults sell copies of his book by this attention. I wouldn't have even known he had a book out. Certainly not interested in reading it.

lol he sure did...i've been scouring my kindle the last few nights for something to read...just bought it. Not a huge fan, but hoping it's interesting, and I'm open to a new perspective. I did learn something I didn't know right off the bat from the preamble, that he went pro with a 4 handicap to start.

Just getting caught up on all this.

Kind of shocked how well this is being accepted here. For the President of the PGA to say this on social media in this day and age is unacceptable and completely uncalled for. I don't care what Poulter said or says, Bishop has to be a bigger person here.

The oddest part of the story to me is that someone agreed to publish a book written by Poulter. Chapter 1: My match play win on the PGA Tour. Chapter 2: My other win on the PGA Tour.

This is all getting blown way out of proportion.. I mean, Garcia IS pretty useless.

Just getting caught up on all this.

Kind of shocked how well this is being accepted here. For the President of the PGA to say this on social media in this day and age is unacceptable and completely uncalled for. I don't care what Poulter said or says, Bishop has to be a bigger person here.
Who's to say it's not just friendly banter? Things like this go on on social media all the time, just for the sake of raising eyebrows. Dwayne Wade and Kevin Durant had a similar thing last year in the NBA, but behind the scenes they were friendly.

That is a really immature comment by someone of his age,position. Just my 2 cents

Who's to say it's not just friendly banter? Things like this go on on social media all the time, just for the sake of raising eyebrows. Dwayne Wade and Kevin Durant had a similar thing last year in the NBA, but behind the scenes they were friendly.

Maybe I'm missing something, but I have a funny feeling this is not friendly banter. I feel like that would have been brought forward once this hit the media and the attention it is getting.

The fact that this happens on social media all of the time is the problem. Cyber bullying is a huge issue and to see two large figures in golf act like this is completely unprofessional and uncalled for.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Spoiled, entitled attitude describes Bishop, if you ask me. He is epitome of an attention seeker. Bringer of foot golf. His term can't end quick enough for me.

Ugh. Foot golf. Get it away from me and throw it in the corner with Frisbee golf. #CreateYourOwnSportName #NotGolf

I hate all the sexism phony outrage. Ted's comments were unnecessary and stupid but invoking the image of a little girl crying and screaming on a playground is hardly a putdown for woman-kind. I'm sad to hear a lot of the women commentators on GC and elsewhere picking the low hanging fruit.

Back