The Happy Happy Joy Joy Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
way to go Phil!

The three best words you can read after ordering something golf related

"out for delivery"

Sitting in Houston Hobby waiting for my flight back to Phoenix. Havent been home in a week and I am excited to see my wife and kids.

Sitting in Houston Hobby waiting for my flight back to Phoenix. Havent been home in a week and I am excited to see my wife and kids.

Safe travels. Sucks we couldn't connect, but I know work comes first.

Played golf with my dad today, and we're teeing it up again tomorrow. He played really well today, actually tied me on the front with a 42. The smile on his face when he realized that was awesome.

Played golf with my dad today, and we're teeing it up again tomorrow. He played really well today, actually tied me on the front with a 42. The smile on his face when he realized that was awesome.
Tell him i said hi. He rocks.

Done cleaning out mom's house and garage at last!!! Dad Passed away this spring and since I got laid off in April I had the time (and a lot of energy) to spend helping clean the place out. 51 years in the same house and dad being a pack rat meant there were mountains of stuff to go through and clean up. Everything was mixed together so we had to go through every box and bin and sort photos etc out of almost every box along with pocket change (i think over $200 worth) and treasures.

His garage was an amazing work of packing and we filled 45 cubic yards of bin between the garage and yard.

But its done! And mom has had two solid offers on the house (from neighbours) without even saying to anyone she wanted to sell!!! HHJJ!!!

I didn't want to jinx myself.
Back story my home had a little electrical fire and have been without electricity since September 17th.
I fried my boiler control, so no heat, also no refridegerator, no. Laundry, no worries though, we have made the best of our situation.

I run Generator from dark until bedtime. The generator I have is not small but it cannot power the whole house.

The generator runs in the garage, and I've been venting the exhaust outside, and been monitoring and fighting CO levels in our house.
I now am confident I've beaten the CO issue! For 3 days now my monitor has had a 0 reading!
I've been extremely paranoid about this issue, and have 7 co monitors throughout the house, it's a redundancy that provides me a little piece of mind.

Also, today the electrician told my wife he thinks a couple weeks and he may be done!
He also gave me the go ahead to back feed electricity to rooms, eliminating a lot of extension cords in the house.

We still have no heat (although the boiler is fixed, I just refuse to blow up another very expensive control), refrigeration, laundry, or stove.

But we are mindful that others don't have what we have, and how fortunate and thankful to have what we do.

And I'm also thankful I've seemingly beaten the CO issue and will not inadvertently carbon monoxide poison my family!

Sorry for the ramble...

Had donuts with dad at the school today with the girls.
Sometimes it's the small things in life that slap you upside the face and put things into perspective.

Sometimes it's the small things in life that slap you upside the face and put things into perspective.

Were they really good donuts? :angel:

Those things are the best. Congrats Mike

Headed to Knoxville to see my daughter on her birthday. We will take in a game too. HH JJ.

Remember those come Monday weigh-in time...ha

But the price is definitely worth it for the experience

Found out today I did well enough on a test to get interviewed for a new job at work. Thursday at 8am I will be a nervous wreck.

Found out today I did well enough on a test to get interviewed for a new job at work. Thursday at 8am I will be a nervous wreck.
Good luck!!

Chromecast. We don't use it often, but when something you want to watch in only online, it sure comes in handy.

Tentative date and venue booked for our wedding. And the kicker is, it includes free golf for 8 people. My fiancé is the best

Tentative date and venue booked for our wedding. And the kicker is, it includes free golf for 8 people. My fiancé is the best
I swear that was what sold ddec on our venue was the free golf for 8.

Chromecast. We don't use it often, but when something you want to watch in only online, it sure comes in handy.

I gotta make the plunge on that this year. I had to watch a basketball game last night on the IPAD.

I gotta make the plunge on that this year. I had to watch a basketball game last night on the IPAD.

Not a bad buy at $35.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back