THP Outing Suggestions

Yeah we have 3 options. We will tell everybody about each one as soon as we have them. But I think everybody will have a blast and we are going to make it even better than the last one.

better than the last one huh? that's a bold statement but i have no doubts that it'll live up to advertised. can't wait man.

OF course it will be better.. this time the White Rhino will be making the trip!!!! :blob: :blob: :blob: :blob:

THP Outing Suggestions

tcalloway1 said:
so let's just say that, hypothetically, tomorrow's course is just way off, how are the other candidates looking? are you happy with some options? there's a lot of excitement out there about this outing and some of us are itching to start planning.

Patience young Jedi, patience
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its Question Time Again

Its Question Time Again

Okay, we have another question for everybody as we have been working night and day on this one and think we are making headway.

We have narrowed it down to 2 different ideas and the locations will vary based on these ideas.

1. Do the same thing we did last time except it would be 2 different courses both of which are incredibly gorgeous and fun. However the courses are a little bit further from the hotel and THP headquarters. But incredible practice facilities, beautiful course layouts, etc... Each person would be responsible for finding their own flight, hotel, transportation, etc...One night of dining would be catered at THP headquarters.

2. Do a stay in play resort that offers golf, dining, and everything else on property. The cost would be a little higher, but not ridiculous and pairing up for rooms and families can bring the cost down a little bit. Airfare would be up to each person, but hotel and transportation (since we are on site) would not be a factor. Dining and beverages would not be included on any night unfortunately. Regardless if you are local ,you MUST stay at the resort to be included because this is not a public outing. It is the only way these resorts participate.

Once we have opinions on this, we will make the decision based on that input. I know details are still vague, but we are dealing with resorts in Sarasota, Orlando, West Palm, Naples, and more.

i would vote for option #1. my family would more than likely not be coming with me so that's not an issue. i also liked the fact that we could spend more time with you and GG at the confines on thp hq, that was one of the highlights of the trip. i also feel that it would be much more affordable going that route.

I vote for option #1 as well, the BF and I would like to save as much money as possible...

I am open to either option. I don't really care how far the courses are away from the hotels because I have to drive far to get anywhere here at home.

I like the flexibility of #1. #2 has nice convenience, but if people coordinated hotel/transportation plans it could be just as easy.

I like the flexibility of #1. #2 has nice convenience, but if people coordinated hotel/transportation plans it could be just as easy.

There are deals where you can get hotel/transportation all together as well :wink:

I am down for #1. I want to see THP HQ and I like the idea of a bbq and relaxing with friends. Please just dont do it late in October, I will be traveling for business....haha

Either option is fine with me. Since I am not too familiar with the courses in Florida I will leave the picking of the courses to those who know the area best. Just tell me when to show up and where! :D

I am down for #1. I want to see THP HQ and I like the idea of a bbq and relaxing with friends. Please just dont do it late in October, I will be traveling for business....haha

Couldn't that same stuff be done at the other option? We were going to do a catered meal and in this case, it would just be a served meal. but everybody sthat comes will be in attendance most likely.

I agree, people will be relaxing at both options. THP headquarters will not be at number 2 though. Honestly, as long as the time is right, I will be at either/or. I do like the convenience of #2, but I think if people that are going will talk before we go...we can help everyone get around. As far as catering the food, talk to me about that, we can prob get it done cheaper if I speak with a friend who is the GM of a country club. I can get stuff in bulk at cost. Just an FYI. Anything I can do to help. That would obviously only be an option if we did #1, I dont see the resort allowing you to bring food to their facilities, unless you just held the dinner in one of the condos.

also, I can get great wine very cheap through him. Beer and liquor is hard to get discounted. So, I would be happy to bring some wine to save on cost...if there are many wine drinkers. I am not, I prefer beer

Option #1.....I'd be willing to grill again in order to save you guys $$ on the catering service :act-up:

Both options have their pros and cons, so it's a bit difficult to decide. Both sound good. Transportation is not a huge factor seeing as we would likely be landing in Tampa and driving from there anyways because from what I've seen in flights it would be more direct than flying directly to Sarasota. Unless someone wants to pick us up at the airport.... :D

Cheaper is better so which ever option is less expensive, my vote is for that!

I agree, people will be relaxing at both options. THP headquarters will not be at number 2 though. Honestly, as long as the time is right, I will be at either/or. I do like the convenience of #2, but I think if people that are going will talk before we go...we can help everyone get around. As far as catering the food, talk to me about that, we can prob get it done cheaper if I speak with a friend who is the GM of a country club. I can get stuff in bulk at cost. Just an FYI. Anything I can do to help. That would obviously only be an option if we did #1, I dont see the resort allowing you to bring food to their facilities, unless you just held the dinner in one of the condos.

Thank you for your help. If we do #1 we will be using a local restaurant here that we both really like. And while THP Headquarters will not be at #2, other options do exist. And a resort is certainly nicer than our home. We have a lovely home and it holds plenty, but it is still a home.

The idea behind the resort is that people with families can bring them as activities are endless with beaches, pools, shopping, etc...For some this is more than a bachelor weekend of drinking (not thanks1974 obviously). We want both sexes to come and have a great time and in my opinion the resorts offer more abilities. However costs become an issue and we want to make sure we can keep costs down the best that we can. That is why we are weighing both options with help and feedback from those planning on coming.

Both options have their pros and cons, so it's a bit difficult to decide. Both sound good. Transportation is not a huge factor seeing as we would likely be landing in Tampa and driving from there anyways because from what I've seen in flights it would be more direct than flying directly to Sarasota. Unless someone wants to pick us up at the airport.... :D

Cheaper is better so which ever option is less expensive, my vote is for that!

If it is in Naples, Orlando, or West Palm, Tampa is really not an option. Well I guess it is, but travel time is LONG.

hey I said I'd offer to help with the grilling, not the drinking! I rescind my offer to grill! lol j/k

in the interest of staying on topic....I still vote for option 1
Thank you for your help. If we do #1 we will be using a local restaurant here that we both really like. And while THP Headquarters will not be at #2, other options do exist. And a resort is certainly nicer than our home. We have a lovely home and it holds plenty, but it is still a home.

The idea behind the resort is that people with families can bring them as activities are endless with beaches, pools, shopping, etc...For some this is more than a bachelor weekend of drinking (not thanks1974 obviously). We want both sexes to come and have a great time and in my opinion the resorts offer more abilities. However costs become an issue and we want to make sure we can keep costs down the best that we can. That is why we are weighing both options with help and feedback from those planning on coming.

A resort is definitely more convenient and could provide more activities. You said it would be slightly more expensive than option 1. Could you give us a ball park figure for what a typical resort would cost JB?

A resort is definitely more convenient and could provide more activities. You said it would be slightly more expensive than option 1. Could you give us a ball park figure for what a typical resort would cost JB?

Not yet, but hopefully today. We are awaiting bottom line figures today that we have been told are on their way.

I completely understand where you are trying to go with this. it sounds to me that if someone is planning on going, then they need to tell you ASAP, it will make your jobs of planning 1,00000000000 times easier. I dont think people realize this. If you can call these resorts with actuals and not projected then they will be more apt to cater to your needs. But I am still raising my hand for #1

Not yet, but hopefully today. We are awaiting bottom line figures today that we have been told are on their way.

Cool, thank you. Knowing would greatly help sway to one option or the other.

Back