The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The coaching "problems" are so overblown IMO. He's already improved last year's record by two wins and will most likely be 9-7 after this year. Good that could possibly equate to being fired makes no sense
That depends I think marrone is a fine head coach. I think they need some new coaches on the offensive side of the ball though.

Take Orton's 2 games against the "airplanes" away and he's had a terrible year. Stats are super inflated. He has looked very different since the Dolphins TNF game. Almost like he is timid and doesn't want to get hurt, he had terrible body language on the field. I feel bad for this defense, especially with what they have done the last two weeks.

I don't think Manuel should have ever been pulled, and I find it interesting that everyone who wad on board with Orton after the Detroit game earlier this year is now calling for his head. I don't see Orton starting fire buffalo next year our even being on the team, he's a guy who looks like he doesn't want to be out there anymore.

The part about the body language is true and ironic because that was a knock by some fans on EJ.

You knew luck was good for an int or two and s couple of sacks, but no way to predict the td
Thought luck would torch them...man philly better not give me negative

The part about the body language is true and ironic because that was a knock by some fans on EJ.
See and I don't get that the one thing I have always thought about EJ is he looks the part and acts the part. He has also come from behind a few times as well and shown he can shrug off a bad play.

That depends I think marrone is a fine head coach. I think they need some new coaches on the offensive side of the ball though.
Bet Pat Morris (O line) sees the door this year. Maybe Hackett, but I doubt it.
Look at the slide 1 yard short on 3rd and 1 last week. It says everything. Guy's heart is not in it and I don't get it.

See and I don't get that the one thing I have always thought about EJ is he looks the part and acts the part. He has also come from behind a few times as well and shown he can shrug off a bad play.

I agree there.
FWIW, I am not a big EJ fan. I dont think he is the answer and dont think he will become a star. I do think he has some serious raw talents though. What I find odd was the timing of the pull after what the coach had said about building. Now fast forward with how bad the play has been by Orton. Cant go back and must live with him. A move to save an ass, rather than for the franchise overall in my opinion.

EJ Manuel has 4 4th qtr come backs in 13 starts. I don't have all the stats, but he's in some pretty good company with that stat.

I agree there.
FWIW, I am not a big EJ fan. I dont think he is the answer and dont think he will become a star. I do think he has some serious raw talents though. What I find odd was the timing of the pull after what the coach had said about building. Now fast forward with how bad the play has been by Orton. Cant go back and must live with him. A move to save an ass, rather than for the franchise overall in my opinion.
I agree. I also think EJ has his limitations I really think his ceiling is as a solid backup that can win some games in a pinch. His footwork is far to sloppy and he is far to inaccurate to amount to anything more. That said I still stand by the fact that he was and is the Bills best option at this point. Orton is what he is you have 10 years of tape on him and he has always been the same.

EJ Manuel has 4 4th qtr come backs in 13 starts. I don't have all the stats, but he's in some pretty good company with that stat.
Very Freemanesque

Not the company you were referring to?

Say what you want about his decision making or even accuracy...but damn does Sanchez throw a good ball

Very Freemanesque

Not the company you were referring to?
Haha, exactly the company I was referring to. #alienface

Haha, exactly the company I was referring to. #alienface

Minus the team cancer, the constant blaming of everybody else around him and the complete lack of anything remotely looking like an upside of course.
Maybe the Bills could call Freeman. I mean with all of those talents, and so many fans down here thinking he was the answer, you would think jobs would be lining up for him.

I agree there.

I don't think EJ was Marrone's guy but more so Whaley/Nix. That might have something to do with the quick hook this year. Can you explain again how the switch was a move to save his ass? Wasn't it a move to win now which actually was more of the talk than building. It was also why they drafted Watkins according to Whaley. And again, regardless of who agrees or disagrees with the decision, isn't it the coaches job to win?

Minus the team cancer, the constant blaming of everybody else around him and the complete lack of anything remotely looking like an upside of course.
Maybe the Bills could call Freeman. I mean with all of those talents, and so many fans down here thinking he was the answer, you would think jobs would be lining up for him.
Unless you see 26 tds or 4000 yards upside.

He clearly fell apart, but no upside is laughable.

Unless you see 26 tds or 4000 yards upside.

He clearly fell apart, but no upside is laughable.

Ummm sure....Hence the reason he is unemployed. Yet countless criminals are in the league and Kyle Orton is a starting QB. If there was ANY upside at all, he would have a job. So laugh it up...

Not sure where you got 4 from but he actually has 1 comeback win, against Carolina. The Jax was a tie game but he did get the winning drive and TD pass. The Bills led the Bears game and won on a FG in OT.

Omg the bills talk won't stop

Just trying to make sure it doesn't turn into the beloved ncaa thread

Just trying to make sure it doesn't turn into the beloved ncaa thread

Go Auburn!

And Romo, you just can't make that play right there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back