The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't put it past the Jets to pull a Washington to be able to move up and get either one of them.
That would make me so happy.

Wow...the Browns are desparate. Tyler Thigpen signing. Thank goodness this is the last game and I won't have to watch it in Florida. Hopefully.

Pretty amazing to see some of the guys left of the Pro Bowl roster.

Wow...the Browns are desparate. Tyler Thigpen signing. Thank goodness this is the last game and I won't have to watch it in Florida. Hopefully.

I'm just going to hide my head under a pillow until the draft.

Pretty amazing to see some of the guys left of the Pro Bowl roster.

they must have collectively bargained to guarantee steeler guys roster spots.

Also, anyone on the bears offensive line? No, just no.

John Kuhn

Hahaha

I agree, then again I'm not even sure if it's done on fan vote or what. Interesting names on the list to make it. C. Johnson for one. I think Tate had a better year and carried the Lions during Johnson's hiatus.

they must have collectively bargained to guarantee steeler guys roster spots.

Also, anyone on the bears offensive line? No, just no.

See some Steelers that shouldn't have made it????

Freaking joe thomas should not have made it this year. ..played like turd

I believe it's a combination of fan voting, coaches and players. Never a perfect system as guys that deserve it don't make it and others that are questionable get on.

And the majority of guys don't really want to go unless they've never been. Add in now that it's not even in Hawaii anymore, and all the guys on the SB teams won't be going.... it's getting less and less important, except to the guys who get contract bonuses for making it

And the majority of guys don't really want to go unless they've never been. Add in now that it's not even in Hawaii anymore, and all the guys on the SB teams won't be going.... it's getting less and less important, except to the guys who get contract bonuses for making it

It's never been important and I believe it's in Hawaii every other year still.

Wow Patrick Peterson made it and he's been abused all year long. He's nowhere near Revis and Sherman but they both made it too. Just a popularity contest is all. Back when my Hawks sucked in the late 80s to late 90s we would look forward to the pro bowl every year to see who we had repping us. Lol it was kinf of like our super bowl in a sense.

Give me a break, so glad he's going to give it the old college try now. Hang it up and go hang with Bieber. Cleveland and the fans of the NFL won't mind.

I was just watching Sportscenter and he was being interviewed and he was asked if he thought that they may draft a QB and he said "If they want to do that after giving me 7 quarters to show them what I am capable of, then that's a pretty big investment" (paraphrasing)

The Ben Tate era has ended in Minnesota.

Crazy to think he was a hot commodity in the off season.

And yes... I would take him on the Colts. Less of Trent Richardson is a good thing.

Did I hear Connor Shaw is starting for the Browns on Sunday? That kid was a gamer for South Carolina. If true, I hope he does well.

Did I hear Connor Shaw is starting for the Browns on Sunday? That kid was a gamer for South Carolina. If true, I hope he does well.
Against the Ravens who need to win to have a shot at making the playoffs?

Whoever it is, they'll be running for their life the entire game.

Apparently Johnny Football thought the transition was not going to be too difficult. Now he is ready to work. Oh good lord.

http://news.yahoo.com/johnny-manziel-im-not-same-guy-215856138--spt.html

You should hear some of the things the "Johnny Truthers" here say. My mom is one of them and we've gotten to an argument so heated over whether or not the Texans should draft him that I actually hung up on her lol. I guess I can't blame her since she's just a casual observer.

For one, A&M boosters and fans simply can't wrap their head around the fact that the NFL IS NOT COLLEGE. One of my favorite retorts is "But he played against SEC defenses!". Ok, fair point. But the last time I checked the SEC didn't include the Seahawks, Lions, and Bills.

Second, everything will always be somebody else's fault.....the media, the coaches, his teammates, the system. It will NEVER been Johnny's fault if he doesn't pan out.

You should hear some of the things the "Johnny Truthers" here say. My mom is one of them and we've gotten to an argument so heated over whether or not the Texans should draft him that I actually hung up on her lol. I guess I can't blame her since she's just a casual observer.

For one, A&M boosters and fans simply can't wrap their head around the fact that the NFL IS NOT COLLEGE. One of my favorite retorts is "But he played against SEC defenses!". Ok, fair point. But the last time I checked the SEC didn't include the Seahawks, Lions, and Bills.

Second, everything will always be somebody else's fault.....the media, the coaches, his teammates, the system. It will NEVER been Johnny's fault if he doesn't pan out.

Its not just Johnny.
Texas fans were the same with Vince Young. You could actually take out Johhny Football from the above and insert Vince Young and have the same conversation.
College football brings a passionate fan and sometimes a fan with blinders. Heck all sports do to an extent, but none more than college football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back