Worst start to a competion / outing that you can remember ( with or without observers

For me, it was the New England Invitational. Whiffed my opening tee shot, tripled a lot on the front nine before settling down and playing more mediocre golf on the back.

For many years I played in an annual company outing. We played at the York golf club in Maine. This course starts with a 190 yard par three with an OOB road on the left. I front of many colleagues I pulled TWO consecutive tee shots way down the road. That secured me a low finish and a brief place in company history.

For me, it was the New England Invitational. Whiffed my opening tee shot, tripled a lot on the front nine before settling down and playing more mediocre golf on the back.

Thought you did that in OC too....

Mine was in front of 40 THP'ers at the PGA National Champions course.

Duffer one.
Breakfast ball.... duffed.
On a severe down hill lie, and ball resting in a different angle from my stance buried in grass. Hit the fairway from there, then the green, saved bogey.

Yeah, nerves got me!

Worst start to a competion / outing that you can remember ( with or without o...

Worst start to a competion / outing that you can remember ( with or without o...

Thought you did that in OC too....

[\QUOTE]

Yeah, it was two invites in a row, so I was pretty relieved I striped the opening tee shots at PGA National each day.

That hybrid shot of yours was a pretty good recovery for sure.

I'm going with the 2nd round of the 2014 MC with Howzat. We were terrible... at everything .

You weren't terrible at the stories told regarding that round hahahah! #MissYouBro!!!!

951c9ea5cd4c738e49af0ad6c5b33831.jpg

You weren't terrible at the stories told regarding that round hahahah! #MissYouBro!!!!

951c9ea5cd4c738e49af0ad6c5b33831.jpg

Miss you too bud. Man I wish you had seen how bad we sucked hahaha

Hs match first tee playing #2 team. Hit a worm burner that is so low it hits the ladies sod shacker thingy and deflects back at me and the gallery onto a cart path about 100 yards behind me. No one seems to think it is ob. So I play it....

unfortunately , this guy will be known for the highest hole score in tour history . Can't run from it always there.. But for me or others , within a certain time period everyone forgets what we did .. But we always remember . Weird , after reading these I noticed a trend. Almost like we were never prepared for such a horrendous shot and went numb or brain dead after that . How can you prepare for a catastrophy such as many have posted? How do you practice a top / shank or equivalent ? How do you know what shot to hit next ? Almost like we were never prepared , or we never imagined this could happen with our game plan .

I think I need to sit down and make an ebook . Call it " recovering from a flub" , make my millions and retire in the poorest city in Mexico and be a king ( just joking , but thought it sounded funny )

Didn't John Daly get a 18? I think McCord scored a 16 also.

I'm going with the 2nd round of the 2014 MC with Howzat. We were terrible... at everything .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Howzat and I backed up that performance with a similar display in round 3.

I think both of us got a little too much sun watching everyone else tee off before our match -- at least that's what I'm going with.

I think both of us got a little too much sun watching everyone else tee off before our match -- at least that's what I'm going with.

Didnt you get the memo? Everyone ran into buzzsaw's in round 3

Didnt you get the memo? Everyone ran into buzzsaw's in round 3

Mines name was Canadan. Legit buzzsaw.

I was up one through 2 though. Then....well....

I can't remember any particular hole, but I can remember in High School at a tournament, I started off with +7 in three holes. As the number 2 golfer on the team, on a relatively easy course, that was just not a good start.

But then again, I shot -5 over the final 6 holes to finish +2 for the 9 hole round, so I guess it all worked out.

~Rock

My 3 foot drive (well maybe more like 2 foot) at Lake Charles THP event :)

Would like to hear any bad starts from a big event with hundreds of onlookers . Anyone have a state open or county tourney flubs ?

Would like to hear any bad starts from a big event with hundreds of onlookers . Anyone have a state open or county tourney flubs ?

I think a lot of these people are talking about events like that with the Morgan Cup.
How about not just spectators, but tens of thousands watching via video.

After discussing just how bad a swing you had to make to put your first tee shot on the range at PGA National Champion course, I predicted that I would do it as karma for discussing it, then did it. That was in front of 40 people or so.

I was one of those 40, your follow through looked really good though :p

After discussing just how bad a swing you had to make to put your first tee shot on the range at PGA National Champion course, I predicted that I would do it as karma for discussing it, then did it. That was in front of 40 people or so.

I will try : Arkansas state open 2005 , 4 day event . Started 78 / than 2nd day was a 39 followed by a 50 on the back . 15 th hole 420 yard par 4 as narrow as a mobile home in an Arkansas trailer park . I pull hooked 2 drives in a row ob with my 3 wood. When all said and done , a 15 . Not an opening hole but still a catastrophy.

78/89/85/88. Was my biggest flub tourney . I actually quit golf for a year after that , that stung very very bad . And still stings , why I avoid big events all together . Not worth the hassle

And topper my boss was my caddy and his sons followed . Talk about an embarrassment .. I will not read this post ever again

More I look back , I folded in every big event i played in . I'm a cool fun guy , but pressure tourneys aren't my thing :)

please lock thread ,

I've had my moments of good play, but for the most part I agree with you MM. I like the focus that match play brings forth, but clutch golf isn't my thing.

In a high school tournament, I hit 4 straight 2-irons OB onto the driving range on the 1st tee and WD'd. My coach was PISSED (and rightfully so).

Later that year, I played in a big junior tournament with a crowd of people on the 1st tee. 2 days in a row, I topped my first drive and didn't make the ladies tee. It was a par-5 and I parred it both days, but I was humiliated!

I've had my moments of good play, but for the most part I agree with you MM. I like the focus that match play brings forth, but clutch golf isn't my thing.
I love those matches Hawk.. And I especially love money games ( even those aren't really tourneys )

About 30 years ago, one of the Consulting firms that I dealt with had an annual outing at Forsgate CC in NJ. It was a pretty big deal, with a lot of participants. I triple-bogeyed the opening par 4, but ended up shooting an 81. Whatever handicap system they used, got me low net for the day.

Haha I'll buy that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back