Odyssey Works Putters Preview

Hawk

Master Painter
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Feel, Meet Roll

works-L.jpg

Odyssey Works Putters prove just how obsessed and relentless we are about making the highest performance putters in the world with their major-winning high contrast alignment and head shapes. They’re part of Odyssey Works, a high performance technology platform that takes everything we know about putting and puts it to work. It all leads to technologies that push the industry forward and help golfers become better putters.

These new putters combine the best selling, best feeling, most trusted insert ever with quicker roll that gets the ball into a pure roll faster. And we’ve added major-winning Versa alignment, and some of our greatest head shapes. That’s why Odyssey Works is an historic step forward in putter innovation.

Features & Benefits

Quicker Roll With Fusion RX
We’ve taken the most legendary insert of all-time that’s the best feeling, best selling, with the most Tour wins and combined it with unbelievable new roll technology for the Fusion RX Insert.

It’s where feel meets roll as we couple the White Hot insert with ultra thin stainless steel mesh and our patented Metal-X roll pattern. There are no compromises, and it has faster roll than the White Hot insert, so it reduces skidding and gets the ball into a pure roll faster.

Major-Winning Versa Alignment
You’ve seen how the world’s best players trust this visionary alignment. The silver and black contrast lets your eyes key in on the linear designs to highlight the proper face angle from address to impact for alignment throughout your putting stroke.

Tour Proven Shapes
These are some of our most prolific models that have dominated Tour events and major championships for years. All of these putters have been validated over and over by the world’s best players.

Models*: #1, #1Wide, #7, #9, V-Line, 2-Ball Fang, #1Wide Arm Lock, #1Wide Tank, #7 Tank, Rossie #1 Tank

*All models (besides #1Wide Arm Lock) are also available with a Superstroke grip)

odyssey-works-versa-v-line-hero-2015-S.jpg
odyssey-works-versa-tank-rossie-i-hero-2015-S.jpg
odyssey-works-versa-1-hero-2015-S.jpg

odyssey-works-versa-2-ball-fang-hero-2015-S.jpg
odyssey-works-versa-9-hero-2015-S.jpg
odyssey-works-versa-7-hero-2015-S.jpg

Available 1/30/15

Pricing:
$179 (Standard model grip)
$199 (Superstroke grip)
$199 2-Ball Fang (Standard grip)
$219 2-Ball Fang (Superstroke grip)

I like the Silver and Black design. Solid price points, havent rolled the newer Odysseys but Id hope it feels much better than some of the non inserts of late

I'll be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I was lucky enough to meet a local rep with one of these. I rolled it, it was pretty spectacular.

Interesting. I'm assuming some of our Grandaddy friends have a bit to say about these? Never tried a 2 ball before, but that 2 ball fang has my attention.

I thought they looked decent in person but the lack of CS just kills my desire to pursue anything with the new insert.

I will roll one when they hit the stores to see what that face combination feels like. Without a CS offering, or a #6 half-shaft offset, I probably will stick with what I have now...but the 2-Ball Fang is a pretty neat new shape.

I understood it when they kept the number of released shapes down on the MX Milled lines since those releases were fairly limited, but only six shapes here seems limited (at least for now depending on what their future plans are).

Interesting. I'm assuming some of our Grandaddy friends have a bit to say about these? Never tried a 2 ball before, but that 2 ball fang has my attention.

I rolled the 2 ball Fang, and one will find it's way to Merrill,MI!

Rest up nice, rolls incredible

Oh man... I wasn't even planning on picking up a new putter this year, but now I am very interested! I love the color scheme!

Those putters look great.

I'll be honest, I'm a bit underwhelmed.

I am thinking the same thing. Not sure if it's bc I'm rolling my current putter well or looking forward to another I have on the way, but these just aren't jumping out at me.

I'm sure I'll roll these eventually and give them a fair shake, but my initial reaction is not wanting to go out and buy one.

The 2 ball fang caught my eye immediately at The Grandaddy. Its like the Sabretooth and the 2ball had a baby, add the metal x face with that. I loved it, plus the silver/blue combo looks really nice.

I love the looks! Definitely going to give the #1 Wide and #9 a roll

Excited to see how the new insert combination performs. Doubtful they will knock out my current Odyssey gamer, but looking forward to trying them nonetheless.

Interesting is about it, I would really want to try it for a few hours before I would change out my putter.

I need to see pics from some different angles. I'm intrigued by what I read regarding a better insert than White Hot Pro because I love that insert. However the Versa look has just not worked for me. I'll roll these in store for sure to test how the new insert feels to me.

I do like the color combo and will try them out, but I have made changes to my putter(s) lately, not sure I want more variables in my head.

When I saw the "Odyssey Works" name a few weeks back, I was hoping they'd be launching some type of custom fitting program

I've been waiting for these, #1W will be in my bag - playing the Versa #1W right now, love it but the mesh insert from the old Metal X would complete it.

So the difference between this and the original metal x is the metal part is now see-through?

So the difference between this and the original metal x is the metal part is now see-through?

The original Metal-X was see through as well. The difference is the insert behind it, its the white hot insert so its more noticeable. The Metal-X part of it is just a thin piece of metal that goes over top of the insert, which promotes faster roll if I'm not mistaken. So you have the feel of the White Hot, but the roll of the Metal-X.

The original Metal-X was see through as well. The difference is the insert behind it, its the white hot insert so its more noticeable. The Metal-X part of it is just a thin piece of metal that goes over top of the insert, which promotes faster roll if I'm not mistaken. So you have the feel of the White Hot, but the roll of the Metal-X.

The original Metal X had a urethane sub layer - which had to be pretty similar to the White Hot insert at the time

• The 6061 aluminum striking layer's oval depressions maximize the mechanical lock with the golf ball dimples to increase friction and impart proper launch of the golf ball, which in turn creates a much more controlled and consistent roll
  • The Urethane inner layer provides soft touch and saves weight to optimize performance

The story of these is something like this, tour pros liked the sound of the whp but the roll of the metal-x. So odyssey tried to combine the two.

That #7 looks like it I should try one out at the store

The styling looks amazing, and that face pattern has always intrigued me, the 2 ball reminds me of the black 2 ball I used to have from Odyssey and loved it!

Back