The Official Rant of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are laying off a large portion of our workforce tomorrow. Not a good feeling knowing that I am saved because I am management, and that there are a lot of people going home with families to support that are going to have a tough time.

Hopefully things turn around soon.

We are laying off a large portion of our workforce tomorrow. Not a good feeling knowing that I am saved because I am management, and that there are a lot of people going home with families to support that are going to have a tough time.

Such a shame. The steel mill in my city (thankfully not the one I work for) just laid off 630 employees yesterday

Such a shame. The steel mill in my city (thankfully not the one I work for) just laid off 630 employees yesterday
Arcelormittal?

Arcelormittal?

Nah US Steel in Lorain. Huge pipe mill affected by the low prices of oil. Hopefully it's just temporary. But Republic Steel which shares the same facility just laid off 120 with no intentions of rehiring

Nah US Steel in Lorain. Huge pipe mill affected by the low prices of oil. Hopefully it's just temporary. But Republic Steel which shares the same facility just laid off 120 with no intentions of rehiring
Republic will just file bko for the 83rd time no worries.

A shame about us steel though.

From what I've seen they expect auto sales to increase next year which should help quite a few of the producers out there

Republic will just file bko for the 83rd time no worries.

A shame about us steel though.

From what I've seen they expect auto sales to increase next year which should help quite a few of the producers out there

Ya. Projected auto sales have gone up about 1.5mil cars a year which is good for my company because we do well in the cold heading market.

I've got a great girl in Laurel that cuts mine. And yes before anyone says it, I do have some hairs that actually grow :)

I go to Floyd's 99 in Crofton...I get 1 1/2 all around so not hard but if I change it up I am real picky and since my last barber quit her small shop it took me a minute to find this new girl. It's nice having someone close but I don't mind driving a little bit

I go to Floyd's 99 in Crofton...I get 1 1/2 all around so not hard but if I change it up I am real picky and since my last barber quit her small shop it took me a minute to find this new girl. It's nice having someone close but I don't mind driving a little bit

Yep. Im number 1 all over. Pretty simple. I've been going to her for about 12 years. She only charges me $10 because I'm so easy and insist on giving me a shampoo.

So it's a pretty good deal.

SaA

The Official Rant of the Day

Hate to hear this for anyone. Although glad you both are safe. It's tough to see good people you have worked with lose jobs.

Need I even say it???

Delta sucks. Unbelievable they busted my suitcase on Monday and both flights were delayed. Well this morning they have the wrong paperwork? How does that happen? Snow...Yep just started. Connection flight...no way of making it.
#clueless

Need I even say it???

Delta sucks. Unbelievable they busted my suitcase on Monday and both flights were delayed. Well this morning they have the wrong paperwork? How does that happen? Snow...Yep just started. Connection flight...no way of making it.
#clueless

sucks dude, you trying to get home?

sucks dude, you trying to get home?

Yep just to go to a Hall of Fame enshrinement for my Father-in-law and to fly again tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll be driving from Detroit now.

#NeedWorkThatDoesNotIncludeTravel

Yep just to go to a Hall of Fame enshrinement for my Father-in-law and to fly again tomorrow morning. Looks like I'll be driving from Detroit now.

#NeedWorkThatDoesNotIncludeTravel

oh yeah the high school one right? Might wanna shovel when you get back its coming down pretty good

#ItWillHopefullyMeltByNextSun

I stayed home to work from home today and of course it turns into a snow day...so much for peace and quiet

I stayed home to work from home today and of course it turns into a snow day...so much for peace and quiet

Gotta love it. Two days in a row for us. My wife is going crazy.

I feel for you guys up north.

hopefully everything works out matt and it turns out no to be too bad. definitely don't envy having to travel that much this time of year.

Not only was it another crappy drive to work today, my wind shield wiper pump decided to take a crap this morning. At one point, I had to pull over and pour fluid on the windshield so I could see.

Need I even say it???

#clueless

In no way do I envy the travel you do for your job. I feel for you brother

Sorry to read of family illness this morning. Thinking of you guys.

And to those in the snow and ice, be safe. And maybe this will make you feel a bit better.
ee317b23efd4324cb13763aa4adfc97a.jpg

Ordering Dark Roast coffee from Dunkin Donuts on my way to work only to get to work and get the wrong coffee. #youhaveonejob

Ordering Dark Roast coffee from Dunkin Donuts on my way to work only to get to work and get the wrong coffee. #youhaveonejob
Yikes. As bad as making your coffee and leaving it on kitchen counter. #canonlyblamemyself

I poured cereal in my tea this morning.

Yep, you win this one Charlotte.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back