The Official 2014 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not taking away from the fact that the Superbowl is a good match-up football-wise, but besides their own fans, I can't remember one between two more disliked teams than the Pats and Seahawks.
I only despise the Cowboys more. Pats #2. Can we just call it off and not have one, like the 1994 World Series?

I only despise the Cowboys more. Pats #2. Can we just call it off and not have one, like the 1994 World Series?

For me personally, that might not be a bad idea. As I may have mentioned on other occasions, my wife is a die hard Ravens fanatic (I use the entire word purposefully). When the Ravens lost, the Super Bowl became just an excuse to party with neighbors and friends. There was no particular attachment to any participating team. The wife has always disliked the Patriots, but with the football incident, it has morphed into pure hatred. While she has never been to Seattle, she now just doesn't want the Seahawks to win, she wants them to crucify, embarrass the Patriots and Marcia Brady as she calls him. If the Patriots win, then I am going to have to listen to how evil and how they cheated. Please, Seahawks, win this game and make life easier for me. And God, don't let some controversy emerge. For me, the best thing about the Super Bowl being over will be the Super Bowl is over and hopefully. the ball issue with it.

Ya I read it and Jeremy Fowler was just on the radio. What a joke. I was crazy about having Johnny the football player. It's a shame Johnny the immature dumb a$$ can't grow up. He has so much ability and he's going to throw away everything because he's as stupid off the field as it gets.

Who could've possibly seen this coming, besides everyone lol. I don't think anyone even though he was a legit qb, let along factoring in the d-baggery. I guess he was worth a shot, but it was a huge longshot to me

Saw on ESPN that the nfl has conducted 40 interviews into this deflating football nonsense, seems like a good use of resources. How many did the interview on Ray Rice, 2? Laughable

Seahawks will hammer the Pats in all seriousness. I just don't see a way the Pats can hang.

Seahawks will hammer the Pats in all seriousness. I just don't see a way the Pats can hang.

Hahahaha, this made me laugh.

I want the Hawks to win but to act like they will roll the Pats is just foolish.

come on 40 interviews & the NFL cannot tell us anymore :banghead:

I so wish this would happen, but the Pats are an incredible team and when they unite? they are dang near unbeatable.

If Green Bay could hang and even outplay them why can't the Pats?

If Green Bay could hang and even outplay them why can't the Pats?

The Green Bay game was an aberration. The Hawks had 5 turnovers, including 4 INTs by a QB that had only 7 all year. (BTW, Green Bay's average starting field position in the first half was in Seattle territory. Yet, Green Bay was still held to 16 points.)

I don't know what will happen in the SB, but I wouldn't use the Green Bay game as a measure.

I highly doubt it will be like last year, but then again, no one expected that either. I think it will be a close game.

I highly doubt it will be like last year, but then again, no one expected that either. I think it will be a close game.

I would say close game as well. Last year I smelled a possible blowout to be honest. It was a horrible matchup where the Denver strength played right into Seatte's hands. I made a substantial amount of money betting special lines in Vegas like Seattle to win by 10, 14 and 20 at long odds. I'll also add that the winner of the turnover battle in the SB is 36-3, so if you think Seattle is going to turn it over again like last week I'd fire big at NE lol

so i just heard from a wicked smart scientist/engineer guy, he said if they were to test the balls in a 75 degree room prior to the game, then take them outside to a 25-30 degree drop in temp they could easily drop 1-2psi over a 1-2 hour span & since Brady keeps them at the lowest legal PSI (12.5) any drop in temp/PSI would take his "balls" into the "illegal" level.

Except it was almost 50 degrees at kickoff for the afc championship

Except it was almost 50 degrees at kickoff for the afc championship
75 degree room - 25 degrees = 50 degrees....still a change in temp

so i just heard from a wicked smart scientist/engineer guy, he said if they were to test the balls in a 75 degree room prior to the game, then take them outside to a 25-30 degree drop in temp they could easily drop 1-2psi over a 1-2 hour span & since Brady keeps them at the lowest legal PSI (12.5) any drop in temp/PSI would take his "balls" into the "illegal" level.
But since the Colts balls were still legal, that would have to mean they started at above legal pressure. If they were still at 12.5 they would have had to have started at 14.5, which is a full pound over the limit. That is possible, but the more likely scenario is the pats dropped the pressure in their balls.

But since the Colts balls were still legal, that would have to mean they started at above legal pressure. If they were still at 12.5 they would have had to have started at 14.5, which is a full pound over the limit. That is possible, but the more likely scenario is the pats dropped the pressure in their balls.

so Rodgers was the real cheat, trying to have his balls inflated too much? I knew it couldn't be Tom

true, it was just something I was told he said everyone thinks it has to be cold for the PSI to drop, but any temp change would effect it.

Did they say what the Colts ball actual halftime PSI was or just say they were within the legal range (I can't recall)

true, it was just something I was told he said everyone thinks it has to be cold for the PSI to drop, but any temp change would effect it.

Did they say what the Colts ball actual halftime PSI was or just say they were within the legal range (I can't recall)

All I saw was within legal range, which is 12.5-13.5 I believe.

I'm a "devil is in the details" kind of guy. And I just bookmarked this to look at when I have more time, because I think it is really interesting. And by "it," I mean their conclusion.
I skimmed a bit, but I don't think he presented a conclusion,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back