OEM Kevin Wedge Test Results

i agree with your views on testing biggsy. i find it interesting how many people are concerned with the face plate on the TM wedge. it's not like TM is new to the "adjustability" game. it wouldn't even be a concern of mine.

the jaws probably has me intrigued the most and also the VR wedges. i like the SV's that nike came out with.

Re: OEM Kevin Wedge Test Results

i agree with your views on testing biggsy. i find it interesting how many people are concerned with the face plate on the TM wedge. it's not like TM is new to the "adjustability" game. it wouldn't even be a concern of mine.

the jaws probably has me intrigued the most and also the VR wedges. i like the SV's that nike came out with.

It was a matter of interest for me more than anything really.. what I ought to do is just go swing some of them to clear my head of any nonsense about the faceplate going further than the ball haha...

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk

It was a matter of interest for me more than anything really.. what I ought to do is just go swing some of them to clear my head of any nonsense about the faceplate going further than the ball haha...

Sent from my Eris using Tapatalk
It is seamless technology and if someone had not told you, you can't tell. It's a great piece of technology.

Nice review, now I'm really eager to try these XFT's. Darn I should have never sold my TM Z TP.

time for me to start searching ebay for some jaws :wink:

Re: OEM Kevin Wedge Test Results

Just got done playing 18 at my local course. Used the jaws a lot more then the cg15 today. Backed up another chip onto the green but that actually hurt me a little as I needed some roll. It's still fun to see and shows how much bite the jaws has lol

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

nice stuff OEM! the question is: when do we see the xft in the bag?

OEM Kevin Wedge Test Results

I sense an OEM triple play coming.

He's going to carry a CG15, a JAWS, and a XFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I sense an OEM triple play coming.

He's going to carry a CG15, a JAWS, and a XFT

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

more like a triple threat thanks!

Thats a very distinct possibility but right now Im pretty happy with my wedge set up. Id have to take the 42* Niblick out to make room for the new XFT.

Great stuff Kevin thanks for taking the time to test stuff for everyone. I will say in MY opinion the Vokey wedge is amazing. I get insane spin and love the feel but thats just my opinion.

Great stuff Kevin thanks for taking the time to test stuff for everyone. I will say in MY opinion the Vokey wedge is amazing. I get insane spin and love the feel but thats just my opinion.

A lot of peole seem to agree with you Anghellico. For me they just didnt seem as good but thats me. Hopefully people can get some good information and ideas from the testing and then go test everything for themselves! Glad the Vokeys are working so well for you!

A lot of peole seem to agree with you Anghellico. For me they just didnt seem as good but thats me. Hopefully people can get some good information and ideas from the testing and then go test everything for themselves! Glad the Vokeys are working so well for you!

I agree with OEM here. I played them for years. Out of curiosity, have you ever gone to a course and hit them side by side with other wedges? I get good spin from them, but the feel is out of whack compared to some of these others for me.

I agree with OEM here. I played them for years. Out of curiosity, have you ever gone to a course and hit them side by side with other wedges? I get good spin from them, but the feel is out of whack compared to some of these others for me.

i've never really done this method myself and would love to. hopefullly i'll have my opportunity at the fall outing. to me, that's the greatest thing about this outing besides the comraderie and the golf, would be the ability to test a number of brands against one another. to tell you the truth, i've only ever hit vokeys, the sv wedges, and the cg series from cleveland. i can't help but think that i'm doing myself a disservice.

What about the feel was out of whack to you? I know you disliked the heaviness of the head, but I was just curious if anything else bothered you about them? I bought my vokeys used last season for 40 a piece, and while they are great for that price, I know a wedge fitting would benefit me a lot (especially bounce options and such).

What about the feel was out of whack to you? I know you disliked the heaviness of the head, but I was just curious if anything else bothered you about them? I bought my vokeys used last season for 40 a piece, and while they are great for that price, I know a wedge fitting would benefit me a lot (especially bounce options and such).
I know you asked JB, but I was not crazy about the Vokeys when I was out testing with JB and OEM. Vokey makes a good wedge, but when you have a chance to hit it side by side with 15 others, they become very mediocre feeling.

That's just my personal feeling, a lot of people swear by them, so if they work for you and you are happy with them, don't change.

When comparing them head to head against others, I found the feel and sound clicky by quite a large margin.

I used a Vokey Spin Milled until I wore the face down. It worked nicely and inspired confidence. The "swirl" pattern on the face was neat. However, as I compared it to other wedges like Cleveland cg10 Black Pearl etc., the feel felt "hollow" so I haven't considered Titleist wedges since then.

Damn you guys!!! I just bought these wedges last year and now I want new ones!!!!!!!!!!!!

These threads make it really hard and confusing for a hacker like me who is trying to figure out a new short game equipment plan :laughing:

I don't seem to have many, if any places that I can take a club out and test it out before buying. Dicks and the golf shops will let you hit clubs all day long, but I've yet to understand what I can really gather from hitting off a mat into a net.

These threads make it really hard and confusing for a hacker like me who is trying to figure out a new short game equipment plan :laughing:

I don't seem to have many, if any places that I can take a club out and test it out before buying. Dicks and the golf shops will let you hit clubs all day long, but I've yet to understand what I can really gather from hitting off a mat into a net.

I dont know what area you are in, but companies offer demo days in many many areas all the time.

Check company websites and see if they are coming to your area. You may be surprised.

I just checked Calloway, Cleveland and Taylormade's websites and unfortunately I wasn't suprised. Calloway is the only one that lists anything in the next few months in NC and its 50+ miles away.

I am going to check out some of these somewhat local shops that popped up though. Surely if they are doing demo days, they'll have something more than a mat and net for club testing purposes.

A few of the courses around here have demo days about this time because of Father's Day. Might be worth a look.

Back