Callaway XR Pro Driver Preview

So how would this compare to V series driver?

A bit less spin. Different design and weighting and then in the stock configuration, a club that will be a bit heavier.

A bit less spin. Different design and weighting and then in the stock configuration, a club that will be a bit heavier.

sorry meant to say flight and carry characteristics.

sorry meant to say flight and carry characteristics.

That will be different based on the person swinging, but in a general sense, with stock configurations, this will fly lower.

ok - I know I need to go and try this and the V series out but where I live not so easy. I swing around 98mph with the driver, generally low hitter with bad shot being a hook. handicap 2. The V series ticks a lot of boxes but the shaft felt vv whippy. in general is the Bassara more whippy than the Matrix Red Tie (I have the firm shaft and feel it is too stiff for me).

ok - I know I need to go and try this and the V series out but where I live not so easy. I swing around 98mph with the driver, generally low hitter with bad shot being a hook. handicap 2. The V series ticks a lot of boxes but the shaft felt vv whippy. in general is the Bassara more whippy than the Matrix Red Tie (I have the firm shaft and feel it is too stiff for me).

Fwiw, I didn't think the bassara 42 shaft felt whippy, it handled my swing rather well (besides launching the ball into outer space). The red tie is a solid higher launching shaft, I know many here like it.

Fwiw, I didn't think the bassara 42 shaft felt whippy, it handled my swing rather well (besides launching the ball into outer space). The red tie is a solid higher launching shaft, I know many here like it.
You saw it hold up fine to your SS as well as mine. That's a pretty solid test for whippiness.

I swing about 110 and had zero issues in my time with the v series at PGA National

I'm curious how the crown looks at address.

IIRC the pro model doesn't have the Speed Step.
Interesting. I really like the simple and traditional look of the 815s

An word on price?

I cant seem to find the FW wood thread but I wonder how these will hit in comparison to the x2hot. I am fixing to pull the trigger on a FW wood.

I looked through the thread and may have missed it but when is the XR Pro driver hitting stores? When can we pre-order it? Thanks!

Watching some videos on this one has me in ponder mode now. I'm wondering I'd be good enough to game the Pro. I've always heard great things about that shaft, so I need to get somewhere and try it out.

I looked through the thread and may have missed it but when is the XR Pro driver hitting stores? When can we pre-order it? Thanks!
I'm interested to hear if anyone has this info as well. I've heard preorder 2-4 but I've also seen other dates.

Watching some videos on this one has me in ponder mode now. I'm wondering I'd be good enough to game the Pro. I've always heard great things about that shaft, so I need to get somewhere and try it out.

Pro drivers aren't any harder to hit than regular ones. Just hit the sweet spot every time and you will find the fairway.

Pro drivers aren't any harder to hit than regular ones. Just hit the sweet spot every time and you will find the fairway.

You saw my tee game Saturday. One sweet spot hit a round won't cut it haha

Looks like my local PGA Superstore has the driver demo so I'm heading over there this weekend. Excited to see how it performs with my ugly driver swing. I believe I'll have mine in the next few weeks! :)

Has anyone hit the pro driver or pro fairway wood? I love the pro hybrid but only hit stock xr in driver and fairway wood but shaft is too tip soft.

Tested last night on an indoor sim. Coming off of a knee surgery and reconstructing my swing so lacking consistency, however was VERY impressed with the XR Pro.

Hard to argue against this being the best looking driver on the market. Feel indoors was superb so would imagine even better outside.

Numbers were good, but getting a touch too much spin with the stock 6.0 setup. Distances were very very good, although I'm seeing increased SS and better trajectory with my swing changes anyways and it's the first driver I've hit since making the changes.

Can't wait to look further into this one and I hope to get fit somewhere soon.

Anyone playing this?

Back