Callaway XR Pro Driver Preview

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is a look at the new Callaway XR Pro Driver.

Features
Higher Ball Speed Speed From R•MOTO Face Technology
R•MOTO Technology removes weight in the face to increase ball speed and create more efficient energy transfer across the face. That’s why you get more ball speed at every impact location, even on mishits, and it’s one of the key technologies that allows us to move the Center of Gravity very low to maximize distance.

Low Spin From Forged Composite Crown
XR Pro has a 53% lower Center of Gravity and 300 rpm lower spin than X2 Hot Pro. We’ve done it in part by designing a Forged Composite crown that takes weight from the crown, moves it to the right place and helps create an enhanced aerodynamic head shape at the same time. The multi material construction works with R•MOTO for high ball speed all over the face and lower spin while maintaining forgiveness.

Maximum Speed In An Aerodynamic Head Shape
The Forged Composite crown leads to an enhanced aerodynamic head design that maximizes speed for longer distance.

More Clubhead Speed From Maximum Shaft Load
The shaft is a key component to speed, that’s why XR comes stock with the new Project X LZ. It produces maximum shaft load during the downswing loading zone for greater energy transfer to the ball. Additional no upcharge options are available too.

OptiFit Adjustability
Choose from 8 different loft and lie configurations to find the perfect launch for your ball flight.

xr-driver-pro-sole-b-2015-L.jpg

xr-driver-pro-sole-a-2015-L.jpg

Last edited:
It's not very often you hear the term Pro and then see descriptions of forgiveness/retaining of ball speed, etc.

Callaway has done some really neat things to give that lower spin while not taking away forgiveness or face size.

I think both versions of this driver are gonna make its way into a ton of bags this year.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.............

This is now the stick I most want to try out. I like everything I'm hearing about it. And it looks great too.

• Admin
It's not very often you hear the term Pro and then see descriptions of forgiveness/retaining of ball speed, etc.

Callaway has done some really neat things to give that lower spin while not taking away forgiveness or face size.

I think both versions of this driver are gonna make its way into a ton of bags this year.

Did you hit this one at #TheGrandaddy?

Did you hit this one at #TheGrandaddy?

I'm honestly not sure which one I hit. I couldn't recall seeing the Pro explicitly so kinda assumed I was hitting the regular.

Needless to say, when I asked Finley if I could take it (after I hit it then walked up to brag about it), the answer was an expected no. Hahaha

• Admin
I'm honestly not sure which one I hit. I couldn't recall seeing the Pro explicitly so kinda assumed I was hitting the regular.

Needless to say, when I asked Finley if I could take it (after I hit it then walked up to brag about it), the answer was an expected no. Hahaha

I think that was in the bag near me. That was the regular and you did absolutely crush the ball with it.

Man these XR sticks look great, I'd hit it in a minute!

Less spin means more balls in play. More speed means more distance. This might be the mixture a great many need.

Good looking driver. I can see those that like the X2 Hot being all over this club. I will have to check these out myself.

Love the addition of the replaceable weight. Change MOI & Swing weight on the fly.

I like what I see.

No crown pics JB?

Another great looking / sounding offering from Callaway. Can't wait to take a few swings with it.

I hit the X2 Hot Pro quite well when I tried it so I am looking forward to giving this a go as well

It may be mentioned in the video (can't view it at work) but is there a release date for the XR range? I did a quick Google and saw mid-February mentioned but curious to know for definite as I might hold off on a fitting if they are going to be fairly imminent

Love the addition of the replaceable weight. Change MOI & Swing weight on the fly.

I like what I see.

No crown pics JB?

There was a pic of the crown in the regular driver thread, assuming they are going to be pretty similar?

I like what I heard!!! Definitely on my radar to try!!!

Looks pretty good. I like the inclusion of the LZ shaft as I've heard good things. I'm looking forward to trying it out.

I am liking the look of these, boom! The tech packed all into the club head is something special. I am interested to give this one a go for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well it looks like another one to get invited to the 2015 Driver tryouts :)

Stock with the LZ!
I think this will be a winner!

I really regret not giving the XR a few swings in Carlsbad.

Less spin than x2hot is good since I didn't buy the x2hot because I couldn't get spin down regardless of shaft. More speed is always good and I like the Project X LZ shaft is the stock shaft, should be really good.

This is now the other driver on my radar. Need to find one to hit pronto!

JM

This one sounds interesting, mostly because it sounds really good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

XR Pro looks good.

PX LZ shaft is stock. Nice!

so glad I didn't spring for the 815 yet. This looks to be the perfect mixture of distance and forgiveness. Can't wait to give it a go.

Plus I love that is stock with the LZ.

Will pre-order based solely on how good the X2H Pro was and how much of an improvement it was over the original X Hot.

Back