Callaway XR Pro Driver Preview

Doesn't look like this driver has the crown graphics on it.

Looks like another solid offering for all. I know some struggled with the 815 & dialing it in, maybe this is the answer for those guys.

I cast wait to hit this one and compare.

dddfa01b7730b04a63de4be40a294059.jpg

032eefaa89eb6e88a2a349f75051f5b9.jpg

956a86e8f932ec69dafd528b9e8ce185.jpg

Gorgeous driver head. Absolutely gorgeous.

OK those pics of the shaft you posted JB look sexy.

Any word on how the shaft is versus the handcrafted version?

Also assume (based on weight) that shaft is in the regular XR. PRO getting a different one?

OK those pics of the shaft you posted JB look sexy.

I am using that shaft in my Big Bertha 815, because it was what they put in at #TheGrandaddy from my previous fitting. Really like it.

I have to say I am not seeing a big difference. This one might launch a bit higher for me. I played last week and played the front 9 with the HandCrafted and the back 9 with this one. Drove the ball similarly.

Looks exactly how I would want my driver to look and by the description it really looks like something I could see myself gaming

430 or 460 CC?

Really curious to see how deep the face is and how it compares to the standard 815 Alpha

Really glad I waited to try and unseat the alpha. This thing looks great. Again, stock shaft is a winner and still no charge exotic options is fantastic to see.

Last edited:
Does this one have the adjustable gravity core or is the plug looking thing on the sole a non adjustable weight more akin to the RBZ series?

Oh hello pro version. I want this.

Does this one have the adjustable gravity core or is the plug looking thing on the sole a non adjustable weight more akin to the RBZ series?
Looks to be just a weight.

I'll tell you what I like and where Cally stepped up their game. Follow me here for a sec.

What segment is this driver competing in now? Considering the tech on it I would say 915, Vapor Pro, G30 etc are in direct competition.

I'll tell you what I like and where Cally stepped up their game. Follow me here for a sec.

What segment is this driver competing in now? Considering the tech on it I would say 915, Vapor Pro, G30 etc are in direct competition.
They are also competing against themselves in that case, which isn't necessarily a bad thing. They appear to have 2 or 3 different drivers that will appeal to a wide range of players.

Also assume (based on weight) that shaft is in the regular XR. PRO getting a different one?

Found one website. The pro comes with the LZ Pro shaft, at 64 grams for stiff and a high kickpoint versus 54 and mid in the normal XR

Less spin means more balls in play. More speed means more distance. This might be the mixture a great many need.
Sounds like the perfect mix, a great extension option in the XR line.

Yeah i need to hit this.

Stock with the LZ!
I think this will be a winner!

I really regret not giving the XR a few swings in Carlsbad.
You and I both brother. At the time, conserving energy was a good idea, but still…

I'm honestly not sure which one I hit. I couldn't recall seeing the Pro explicitly so kinda assumed I was hitting the regular.

Needless to say, when I asked Finley if I could take it (after I hit it then walked up to brag about it), the answer was an expected no. Hahaha

I think that was in the bag near me. That was the regular and you did absolutely crush the ball with it.

TheHeez was hitting this before we left to head on the bus, and a few of us (myself included) hit some and the Trackman numbers were outstanding. Granted, it was NOT the Pro model, and I don't recall seeing that, but the numbers were as long as, if not longer than what I was seeing with my 815 I was fitted into. My best shot, with total carry and roll was out to 295! I honestly wanted to put that in my bag and walk off. This club is a monster and sooooo easy to hit!

And the 9 guys/girls selected for the Dallas/FW event get one of these? Oh man oh man! This will be high on my radar to hit this year! Great look to it. A little less transformers looking which I like.

Back