Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

That would be pretty bad. I said the same thing previously about another brand that did this. Spend the extra 80 cents or so and give the golfers the tools they need since the company is providing adjustability. Or dont market adjustability.

Agreed. Luckily I think my Cally wrench will fit it but that's not the point nor will it be the case for every golfer who purchases this.

That would be pretty bad. I said the same thing previously about another brand that did this. Spend the extra 80 cents or so and give the golfers the tools they need since the company is providing adjustability. Or dont market adjustability.

This was my exact thought. I have a wrench to fit, but nor everyone has a wrench laying around.

You charge extra money for an adjustable fairway wood, yet don't provide the cheap tool to be able to adjust it. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

At first I did like the black face more. But honestly the more I hit the club the more I stopped caring what the face looked like. Results beat the cosmetics lol.

I plan on putting a 3 wood back in the bag this year. Will be doing a bunch of testing in a couple weeks and while I haven't hit any of the current 3 woods, the Vapor's are the ones I'm most excited for. I've never owned a Nike club in my life but that could definitely change. Really enjoying this thread so far.

Is it true that Nike did not provide wrenches with the fairway woods?

I was told by Golfsmith today that Nike only sent wrenches for the Drivers.

That, would be incredibly lame.

That would be very odd. Granted, the tips of their wrenches look the same as the Callaway and TM ones so you could probably get away with one of those. If that's not the case though, that ruins things..

That, would be incredibly lame.

Agreed. Those wrenches cost barely anything to make, I'm sure.

Thinking of picking up the Flex to fill the 3w/4w spot in my bag. I noticed earlier that it was mentioned that the Flex plays a bit shorter than the Speed, but the specs on the Nike site seem to say they both play at the completely absurd (IMO) length of 43.75". Does anyone know if this is true?

I tweeted Nike golf in regards to the wrench issue and I have not heard anything back.

I called Golf Galaxy and they said that Nike didn't provide wrenches for anything other than driver. So incredibly lame if that's true.

Agreed. Those wrenches cost barely anything to make, I'm sure.

Thinking of picking up the Flex to fill the 3w/4w spot in my bag. I noticed earlier that it was mentioned that the Flex plays a bit shorter than the Speed, but the specs on the Nike site seem to say they both play at the completely absurd (IMO) length of 43.75". Does anyone know if this is true?

Spec sheets do show both at 43.75, what I put in the first post is what they told us in our meetings about the hybrids tech at Nike. I do agree they're long, with the way they measure now (Nike) its actually 43.25 in other companies measurements. Still too long IMO, but we're seeing more and more 43"-43.5" fairways. Mine will be cut down to bout 42.5, bank on that.

I'm still stupid excited to have this arrive tomorrow. I really need to clean up my tee game and not force driver on every single hole because of a lack of confidence with something else. Still not loving the trajectory off tee or deck with my 2h so really hoping this performs as I remember from 3-4 months ago.

I'll report tomorrow if the wrench arrives with it. And sounds like I may need to eventually butt trim and regrip.

Spec sheets do show both at 43.75, what I put in the first post is what they told us in our meetings about the hybrids tech at Nike. I do agree they're long, with the way they measure now (Nike) its actually 43.25 in other companies measurements. Still too long IMO, but we're seeing more and more 43"-43.5" fairways. Mine will be cut down to bout 42.5, bank on that.

Agreed on trimming down. I'm gonna have mine cut down to 42.5 as well!

I've always been a Taylormade guy, but when I swung the Nike Vapor Flex 9.5 Stiff and it went straight for 298 yds, I fell in love. I normally hit between 250-270. I tried the Taylormade R15 and I hit my normal yardage. I tried and I just couldn't come close to what I was doing with the Vapor Flex. It's a ball crusher. Just awesome.

This was my exact thought. I have a wrench to fit, but nor everyone has a wrench laying around.

You charge extra money for an adjustable fairway wood, yet don't provide the cheap tool to be able to adjust it. Doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I have 5 wrenches from different manufacturers. I know when I got my Titleist 3w it didn't have a wrench but I already had one from the driver.

Maybe I'm a minority here, but this doesn't seem like a big deal to me. I have 5 wrenches from different manufacturers. I know when I got my Titleist 3w it didn't have a wrench but I already had one from the driver.

Most have wrenches, but its a drop in the bucked for a company to include a wrench on the grand scheme of things.

Sucks not to have a wrench for an adjustable club. Harder to re-sell as well if you do not have one for the club.

Its not for YOU because you have plenty of them. However, what about the person that buys the club for the adjustability and then cannot adjust it when they leave the store? It's a penny to Nike, yet they can't give the tools needed to use the club to its full capability.

Mine will arrive tomorrow. And yes, I will blast them on social media if there is no wrench included.

#notcool

Its not for YOU because you have plenty of them. However, what about the person that buys the club for the adjustability and then cannot adjust it when they leave the store? It's a penny to Nike, yet they can't give the tools needed to use the club to its full capability.

Exactly. Ikea gives me an allen wrench for my side table even though I got one with the couch.

Mine will arrive tomorrow. And yes, I will blast them on social media if there is no wrench included.

#notcool

I tweeted a pic of the Flex when I bought it and tagged them in it... They responded about when I was gonna hit it on course. I responded with a question about the wrench and haven't received a response. Also, sent them a tweet in regards to GG and GS stating no wrenches sent with fairways or hybrids and only drivers. Again, no response.

Hello!

0c830d21ba6f103929bbfe9e1eabfe9a.jpg

This makes me giggle. I don't play favorites, but I feel like Callaway wouldn't do this.

Im.not in the market for a 3w but maybe a 5w to replace the 4w. I looked at these yesterday and they setup well.

Back