Nike Vapor Flex/Speed Fairways and Hybrids - Preview Thread

good thoughts cookie. I like that wrap grip on the driver, but no other clubs of mine. Those range balls seemed to beat up that face quite a bit. Can't wait to hear some post round thoughts with it. Esp off the deck.

The grip issue was when I was trying to adjust my hands, just more difficult than it should've been.

I didn't think the balls were that bad but I'm not gonna sweat it as I know it'll happen.

I'm not a range rat so excited for the course on Saturday. IF I can manage to hit 13* off deck then I'm gonna really fall in love with this.

Good stuff Cookie! And all without a Nike wrench :alien:

Seriously though, I know how you want to find a fairway you can actually have the confidence to pull and use instead of just hanging on driver all the time, I'll be curious to see how it all goes on the course for you brother. Mine will be in tonight and it looks like I'll get out with it tomorrow myself.

Excellent thoughts buddy, thank you!

Was able to get out yesterday after work for a little getting to know session with the Vapor Flex 3w. Spent time both off deck and tee in the standard 15* setting.

First thing I notice is the grip. I hate it. It's that Golf Pride Tour Wrap 2G and IMO it is just too tacky although that seems to be my design. Alas...it's an easy fix especially if I decide to shorten the shaft a bit.

On the 15* setting I was seeing a upper mid to high launch which is again by design. The thing that jumped out at me the most was the fact that this seemed to just want to go straight....whether it was hit a bit heavy or thin, it wanted to go straight. I went ahead and dropped the loft to 13* and saw a nice drop in the launch and again just dead straight. Was hitting some beautiful mid launch shots that appeared to be getting out there pretty well - quite excited to see if I can repeat this on the course.

On the 13* setting I wasn't quite as consistent off the deck as with it at 15* so I'll have to decide what's really important to me and also see the distance difference off the tee. I've been a bit inconsistent off the tee with driver and having a club I can get out there 215 or 220 (if this holds true) it will really allow me to go back to more of a course management approach and stop living or dying with the driver.

More to come after Saturday's round but early impressions are good.

Pic of contact after the session:

9bea7067dc4e7f32efd97b6a7f05ef22.jpg

I'm quoting this because its some damn good Cookie thoughts.

Nice cookie!!! Me excited even more now! Weekend is suppose to be perfect so gonna sneak out and experience it myself!

Looks like mine are waiting for me at home with my new bag. Woot woot!

Hello there!!!

3W:
DSC_0538_zpsuqynyq4a.jpg

DSC_0539_zpsqdoxfae7.jpg

DSC_0540_zpsybf35zw0.jpg

DSC_0541_zps84of1j0e.jpg

DSC_0542_zpsqsv2tjyk.jpg

DSC_0543_zps32jufsdr.jpg

DSC_0544_zpsdizt5sb8.jpg

DSC_0546_zpsarvrg5j9.jpg

DSC_0547_zpsbezcrnog.jpg

DSC_0602_zps3rm4rp9y.jpg

4H:
DSC_0548_zpsdbqvge2f.jpg

DSC_0549_zpsui2vvxy4.jpg

DSC_0550_zpsngcowkxq.jpg

DSC_0551_zpsbli5m1oe.jpg

DSC_0553_zpsdgnkkudl.jpg

DSC_0554_zpsb5btso88.jpg

DSC_0555_zpszeext6if.jpg

DSC_0556_zpshze0htpx.jpg

DSC_0603_zpszu1cg8zs.jpg

I'll take that hybrid.

Please and thank you.

If the hybrid comes with a wrench I just may order one.

:alien:

I very much like the look of both those clubs. Might be some visits to globalgolf in my future.

i think i see a vapor flex in my future.

The hybrid sets up insanely well. The face rolling up the topline a bit is a feature I wish we would see in all hybrids. I know they aren't the only to do it, I just tend to like the ones that do more visually is all.

Love the looks of that hybrid. I might be in the market more than ever now.

The hybrid is just as I remembered. Solid. Great launch, great distance, fantastic look at address. Yep.

Only hit the 3w twice off the tee and deck today, but I saw much of what I did when I hit it before, its promising, but definitely need a dedicated session to hammer some thoughts out.

Love the pics. Those compression channel looks mean...AND HOT. I have to try the 3 wood, I wonder if it will knock out my SLDR TS...

Is the 3hybrid's lowest loft 17*?

Wow. It is the game changer I hoped it would be. More tomorrow but it is a beast off the tee. So-so from deck at 13*. May need another one set to 16 or 17*. :)

I'm not surprised at all.

Cannot wait to put this thing in play tomorrow. Plan on posting some thoughts tomorrow. Gonna leave it at 15* now for tomorrow's round.

So I got to put this into play for the first time yesterday. Believe I hit it off every tee box except for one. Windy day with 10-25 throughout the round which was great for a test with this.

1) This thing just wants to go straight
2) Stock flight is mid-high and what I would consider ideal
3) Controlling the trajectory was stupid easy. Lower tee height and ball position in stance gave me a low-mid flight that worked really well into the wind
4) I did have a few pulls left when I tried a bit too hard with this one. Nice tempo delivers plenty of distance by just letting the club do the work
5) Off the deck at 13* was only attempted twice on the course and I caught it thin both times. Still went straight but very low

I'm strongly considering reworking the bag and could end up with another one of these playing at 17* or 18*. Need something I can hit a bit better off the deck but not willing to give up the 13* off the tee....just too damn good.

So I got to put this into play for the first time yesterday. Believe I hit it off every tee box except for one. Windy day with 10-25 throughout the round which was great for a test with this.

1) This thing just wants to go straight
2) Stock flight is mid-high and what I would consider ideal
3) Controlling the trajectory was stupid easy. Lower tee height and ball position in stance gave me a low-mid flight that worked really well into the wind
4) I did have a few pulls left when I tried a bit too hard with this one. Nice tempo delivers plenty of distance by just letting the club do the work
5) Off the deck at 13* was only attempted twice on the course and I caught it thin both times. Still went straight but very low

I'm strongly considering reworking the bag and could end up with another one of these playing at 17* or 18*. Need something I can hit a bit better off the deck but not willing to give up the 13* off the tee....just too damn good.
I'm gonna go hit these tomorrow at the PGA superstore and see what kind of numbers I can get. I'm excited to read all theses positive reviews

Really liking the initial reviews of this 3 wood. Will be doing a ton of demoing next week and this is still tops on my list. I like hearing how it just wants to go straight. That is music to my ears as I'm looking for is a fairway finder.

Really liking the initial reviews of this 3 wood. Will be doing a ton of demoing next week and this is still tops on my list. I like hearing how it just wants to go straight. That is music to my ears as I'm looking for is a fairway finder.

Same here Stan regarding a fairway finder as I've been struggling with driver lately. We played at 6400 yesterday and while I did have 180-200 left into a couple of par 4's, overall I was probably averaging 215 off the tee with this. I did GPS measure number 2 yesterday where the wind was right to left and I had a pretty high ball flight....that was 226.

Back