Regional Rivalry Is Coming To THP

So you're saying you like Texas? I never could have guessed that from all the talk and avatars in here.

Good to know.

We will tell you about it next weekend as well.

:angel:

Everyone wants to be grouped with Texas in all the different mock region maps. These people are smart.
More like someone has to be stuck with them, so do our best to draw up the map so it isn't us. ;)

Silly Army, paying me to yell at people, shoot guns, and go to college. It gives so much, and asks so little.

Don't forget risking your a** so I can park mine in a golf cart all summer.

So you're saying you like Texas? I never could have guessed that from all the talk and avatars in here.

Good to know.

Per #Cookie you were baptized a while back so you like Texas too!

I think the idea of everyone wanting to be there to represent their state or region is great but a bit of a fantasy. Im willing to bet only a select few can say they are free to travel anywhere anytime for this event. Until the dates and location are announced not many can commit nor can regions be set up. I would love to represent NY/the northeast/atlantic or however the divisions are named if the timing works out.

Same here. When it was revealed that this event was going to extend into the same weekend of my son's 1st birthday, it was a bit deflating.

It's unfortunate timing for sure. I hope we can some representation from NC/SC in the Legacy though.

This thread is like a dead animal on the side of the road. You don't wanna look but you just have to! LOL

This thread is like a dead animal on the side of the road. You don't wanna look but you just have to! LOL

I'm just here to see the Texas & Ohio banter.

I'm just here to see the Texas & Ohio banter.

You mean Texas complaining they just want to be Texas and PhillyV coming in and saying "definitely" every now and then?

Does that mean someone will buy me a gold trans am (eric Dickerson style) if I sign with a different region :D

****looking up old Southwest Conference recruiting habits****

You mean Texas complaining they just want to be Texas and PhillyV coming in and saying "definitely" every now and then?

Well… Dammit… Now I got to go read all 500 pages again because I miss that......there goes my afternoon.

I mean if you want a good chipper........

I got bored with maps and Paint again.

Potential 5 Region Layout:

KXge78I.jpg

Potential 6 Region Layout:

GxbAYzx.jpg
Well done buddy, I'd go to battle with any of those midwest regionals!!!

Is the 8 member team and only 1 team from a region/state set in stone? Depending on the breakdown, some regions/states could potentially field multiple teams especially at 4-6 per team. Others may be more of a struggle at 8 per team. The location of the venue and timing could have a big impact one or two of the given traveling players have to bow out for some reason.

Is the 8 member team and only 1 team from a region/state set in stone? Depending on the breakdown, some regions/states could potentially field multiple teams especially at 4-6 per team. Others may be more of a struggle at 8 per team. The location of the venue and timing could have a big impact one or two of the given traveling players have to bow out for some reason.

Nothing is set in stone. This entire thread is pure speculation.

nothing is set in stone, all we have is a thread called Regional Rivalry

Nothing is set in stone. This entire thread is pure speculation.

So it's like a pondering thread.

It's also half rant/banter.

This thread may live for a very long time at this rate.

It's a Pontering Thread.

This is a tough year for me being able to commit to THP events--both from a financial and time constraint standpoint. With our son due to arrive May 31st, I can't make the commitment for events that month or so before he arrives and I'm in a bit of a holding pattern for events after until I get a feel for how our finances are and what sort of time from work I have available. Knowing that the Legacy is being played only 2 hours from our house and not being to participate has been a bit upsetting, but I don't think I would have the time to give the event the attention it deserves, and I have a hard time leaving a newborn at home to play in a golf tournament.

You're lack of dedication is a little troubling...

(Do I really need to put an :alien: here?)

As many have said -- life happens. Fortunately, there are tons of opportunity to play in a THP event.

Back